Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pike Co. Central
43.59%
Mason Co.
56.41%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central @ Mason County 11/13
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Russell is on the same level this year as Pike Central at least. Pike central won't know how to act when they get down to Mason in this big playoff game. I don't care how bad Pike central beat seldon clark it has no affect because they were missing key players. I think you're selling Russell short even though they had a bad year. Pike Central has a long way to go to catch up to the like of Russell and Belfry year in year out.

Who said Pike Central will be playing from behind. As some are seeing more and more>>>We will not be out athleted if that is a word. Just need to execute and play aggessive football to get this win.
AandB Wrote:Hawk fans we need to make some noise tomorrow night. I know that most of you don't like to get loud, but come tomorrow we all need to be loud. There won't be very many of us there so the ones that are there need to step up. I still haven't heard if there is going to be a fan bus or not, but if anyone needs a ride let me know I will see what I can do to find one for you.

PCC is taking a fan bus so hopefully alot of fans go!
soccer fan Wrote:PCC is taking a fan bus so hopefully alot of fans go!

Good I have had several people ask, but I hadn't heard anything. Does anyone know what time the bus will be leaving?
My brother said it was student's only fan bus...

I have no idea.
The hawks need to take this year and say hey we got a taste because, there getting ready to take real football besides belfry, P-burg, and SC *fluke they won this year* walking all over them.
johntom2000 Wrote:The hawks need to take this year and say hey we got a taste because, there getting ready to take real football besides belfry, P-burg, and SC *fluke they won this year* walking all over them.

What??
johntom2000 Wrote:The hawks need to take this year and say hey we got a taste because, there getting ready to take real football besides belfry, P-burg, and SC *fluke they won this year* walking all over them.

I don't understand your comment, do you mind explaining?
I'm going to try and decode this message so here goes : I think he meant they're getting ready to taste instead of putting take there. I think hes saying that they're getting ready to face a real football team in mason county like those of Belfry,P-Burg,Sheldon Clark who have walked all over pike central with the exception of the fluke game against Sheldon Clark.
Pike Central in a close one
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I'm going to try and decode this message so here goes : I think he meant they're getting ready to taste instead of putting take there. I think hes saying that they're getting ready to face a real football team in mason county like those of Belfry,P-Burg,Sheldon Clark who have walked all over pike central with the exception of the fluke game against Sheldon Clark.

Thanks for the translation.
good story on the Mason Co. Hog Mollies

http://www.maysville-online.com/articles...405123.txt

If this is who I think it is you type like you talk. Disgruntled because you didn't finish at the Nest, rather a small 1A team., and didnt play much there... Correct. You could have stayed there and got a "take" too. We went to the playoffs in '97 and played Southwest Pulaski, in '99 we played Breathitt, in '00 went back to Breathitt, and Middlesboro, and Breathitt again, and Russell, most currently Flemming. We have had a "taste" of first round playoff football. We want a taste of the second round-Mason. Then the third. And then some more. We are HUNGRY>

Now to your post. Thats the biggest joke I've ever heard. As far as the SC game being a "fluke" get real, any game you win on the road in 3A footbal in this region is commendable. PC scored the most points of any team that has played Prestonsburg in the first half all year. And as far a Belfry goes, PC has played with confidence the last few years. Hopefully, they can graduate to playing at their level year in and year out. It would be good for the community, county, school system, region, and so on.
Will this game be broadcast by any local Pike Co. radio stations?
10 hour and 20 minutes. I can't wait. May the hawks soar tonight! Let's make some noise Hawk fans.
Let's go CENTRAL
I am so glad to finally see the hawks make it to the second round of the playoffs. I graduated from PCC and our teams were pretty good but I am glad to see that you actually have the players to work to get better. We have had good coaches in the past we just did not have as much talent. I am going to have to say though after watching Mason Play that they will have the advantage. However, I do hope I am wrong and see the Mighty Hawks pull off the upset.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Will this game be broadcast by any local Pike Co. radio stations?
No.
Bizzle Wrote:I am so glad to finally see the hawks make it to the second round of the playoffs. I graduated from PCC and our teams were pretty good but I am glad to see that you actually have the players to work to get better. We have had good coaches in the past we just did not have as much talent. I am going to have to say though after watching Mason Play that they will have the advantage. However, I do hope I am wrong and see the Mighty Hawks pull off the upset.

I bed to differ...This is not the most talented Pike Central team but it is the most physical, the strongest, and the best formed team the program has seen. But the 2000 team that beat P-Burg pretty handidly is my far the most talented. They had a loaded backfield Joe Wah (spelling) SR, Benny Grigsbe (sp) FR, had a good QB in Justin McCurey (sp) had some good Wide recievers, had the biggest O Line in school history and had the defense to hold its own. If Joe Wah doesnt tear his ACL the game before P-Burg (who played in the P-Burg game but sat out the rest of the season after that) they more than likely would have beat Whitesburg which would have made a tie for 1st in district that year with Belfry winning the regular season championship based on head to head match-up. That same P-Burg team went on to play in the state semis to lose to Boyle who would end up winning the state championship. Pike Central couldnt recover from losing their power back and went to mainly a passing game to end the season which turned out to not be the best situation for that team. However, Grigsbe was only a freshman and was very spurty and had some off the field issues which would wind up ruining his football carrier ( kid could have been AMAZING)
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I bed to differ...This is not the most talented Pike Central team but it is the most physical, the strongest, and the best formed team the program has seen. But the 2000 team that beat P-Burg pretty handidly is my far the most talented. They had a loaded backfield Joe Wah (spelling) SR, Benny Grigsbe (sp) FR, had a good QB in Justin McCurey (sp) had some good Wide recievers, had the biggest O Line in school history and had the defense to hold its own. If Joe Wah doesnt tear his ACL the game before P-Burg (who played in the P-Burg game but sat out the rest of the season after that) they more than likely would have beat Whitesburg which would have made a tie for 1st in district that year with Belfry winning the regular season championship based on head to head match-up. That same P-Burg team went on to play in the state semis to lose to Boyle who would end up winning the state championship. Pike Central couldnt recover from losing their power back and went to mainly a passing game to end the season which turned out to not be the best situation for that team. However, Grigsbe was only a freshman and was very spurty and had some off the field issues which would wind up ruining his football carrier ( kid could have been AMAZING)

That was the best PC team that I played against in my 4 years @ Belfry.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I bed to differ...This is not the most talented Pike Central team but it is the most physical, the strongest, and the best formed team the program has seen. But the 2000 team that beat P-Burg pretty handidly is my far the most talented. They had a loaded backfield Joe Wah (spelling) SR, Benny Grigsbe (sp) FR, had a good QB in Justin McCurey (sp) had some good Wide recievers, had the biggest O Line in school history and had the defense to hold its own. If Joe Wah doesnt tear his ACL the game before P-Burg (who played in the P-Burg game but sat out the rest of the season after that) they more than likely would have beat Whitesburg which would have made a tie for 1st in district that year with Belfry winning the regular season championship based on head to head match-up. That same P-Burg team went on to play in the state semis to lose to Boyle who would end up winning the state championship. Pike Central couldnt recover from losing their power back and went to mainly a passing game to end the season which turned out to not be the best situation for that team. However, Grigsbe was only a freshman and was very spurty and had some off the field issues which would wind up ruining his football carrier ( kid could have been AMAZING)

Waugh.. is how you spell his last name.. he was a good kid.. may he rest in peace..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I think PC will pull the upset in this one..I am impressed on how they have been playing these last couple of weeks..They haven't improved alot and have proven to people that they are a playoff candidate..Dont overlook them..PC's qb with a big night..PC 24-20
Go get 'em Hawks!