Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ultimate Fighter - Heavyweights
Anyone else a TUF fan? I'm personally dissapointed by this seasons fighters. I dont think this will be like the last seasons where the winner has an actual shot at ever being a title contender. Theres also weak action outside of the cage. Without Kimbo's hype this would of been the worst season in history.
I have to say Ive enjoyed this season a lot. I loved the Griffin/Rampage season, because Im Griffins biggest fan. However, Ive enjoyed this season, because I have loved watching Rashad and Rampage go at each other, like Tito and Shamrock did. I dont think youll have many fighters cross over into the UFC as other seasons though. I was impressed with Marcus Jones last night though, and I thought that arm was going to come off..I seen Junk fight at UFC 76 and I was EXTREMELY dissapointed in his effort against Mitrione. I hope that Roy Nelson gets his *** handed to him too..but I think this has been a fun season to watch, although Ill agree that the quality of the fighters have been very poor. I hope Dana doesnt start putting celebs and former football players on TUF though, because I recall him throwing off on ex-NFLers just a few years ago, and now theres 4 on the show..Ill always say that season 1 was by far the best season ever though..and I have to disagree with you on the title contenders. No this season wont have anybody challenging Brock, but Sadollah will never win a fight in the UFC, let alone challenge, and Danzig has proven that he's a joke, an undercard fill in, and his UFC days are numbered..but you are right though, based on the quality of the fighters, this is the worst season theyve had, although its been a fun season, or I think anyways lol..good thread though..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As bad as I hate to say it, I think Roy will be in the finals although I hope he gets his *** kicked. Im not a fan of his at all. The Rashad/Rampage fued has for sure saved this season for me. However, knowing they're not going to be fighting at the end kind of ruins it. All the trash talking hype with no fight is booooish.
I also agree with you in hoping it doesnt turn into a has been or ex superstar show. I'd much rather see some up and comers from fight camps get a shot. That also might make a good season, have something like an extreme coture vs. american kickboxing, or america top team. That way you know for sure your getting good fights/fighters out of the show.
csabo17 Wrote:As bad as I hate to say it, I think Roy will be in the finals although I hope he gets his *** kicked. Im not a fan of his at all. The Rashad/Rampage fued has for sure saved this season for me. However, knowing they're not going to be fighting at the end kind of ruins it. All the trash talking hype with no fight is booooish.
I also agree with you in hoping it doesnt turn into a has been or ex superstar show. I'd much rather see some up and comers from fight camps get a shot. That also might make a good season, have something like an extreme coture vs. american kickboxing, or america top team. That way you know for sure your getting good fights/fighters out of the show.
I agree..that would be an excellent idea for a season. I also hate knowing most of these guys have plenty of money. It kinda ruins it for me too. Yeah Rashad and Rampage goin back and forth with each other is great stuff, but it ****es me off at the same time because Rampage just HAD to coach this season and he knocked somebody else out. I agree, he is entertaining, but it would be so much better if they were actually fighting at the end of the show. Who would you like to see coach in future seasons?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I was just sick of the selling every week of a Kimbo fight. The Rampage/Rashad fight that comes out of this (probably early next year) should be fun to watch.

All-in-all, I've been disappointed in the fights on the show. I realize that Heavyweights that are out of shape have bad fights, but I just didn't think these guys would be this out of shape. Rampage is a Horrible coach. Rashad is thoroughly into his role as leader of the group. Rampage just wants to joke and make it about him. When he bails on his fighters after each fight, it just sickens me to show such disrespect for the guys that you agreed to take BIG MONEY to help get prepared. He has taken no interest in his guys. His fighters have shown more loyalty to him than he has shown to them. I wish they would have all taken Rashads offer to train with the other team.
I dont even look for them to fight. I'd say Rashad will end up taking another fight before Rampage is ready to fight again. Then things will be forgotten and it will be swept under the rug.
I'd like to see Randy, Tito, Bisping (although I dont like him at all) or Forrest coach again. All made good coaches and good shows. I think Kenny Florian would be a good coach, but maybe not enough hype for the show. GSP would also make a good coach but doesnt talk enough trash to make it interesteing.
I was very excited for this, but so far I've been very disappointed. They hyped this so much and it has not met expectation. I love how they have to keep advertising the possibility of Kimbo returning in order to make it halfway exciting. The only fighter on the show with any potential to contend in the heavyweight division is Marcus Jones. Lesnar would mop the floor with the rest of them.
I absolutely hate Roy and Mitrione with a passion. But man alive is Marcus not a manbeast!?
Pink Flamingo Wrote:I absolutely hate Roy and Mitrione with a passion. But man alive is Marcus not a manbeast!?
I agree with every single word in this post..I was hoping Junk would destroy Mitrione, and I was shocked that he didnt. And I thought Marcus was outstanding in his fight against Wessell..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I watched the first few episodes and became really bored with it. Love watching Rampage act like a fool but the fighters suck.
I agree. I'm already ready for next season.
Ahh, I think its going ok.
Best Fighter I have seen so far has to be Marcus Jones. Thats who I think will win it all...

and what was up with the Kimbo Fight, I mean the guy that he was fighting with was barley punching him, yea he was on top of kimbo but was like slaping him.

Really dont like Rampage to much any more. hes all talk, shows no respect for his fighter what so ever..

Should be interesting tonight!!
the deal with titties, is pretty funny at times lol!!
Lol yeah it is funny but Rampage would kill titiies if they really fought. Keepin my fingers crossed though, hopin Roy gets stomped tonight.
If anyone watched tonight episode you wouldve seen one of the biggest ripoffs of TUF history! They pretty much gave Roy the win!
Pink Flamingo Wrote:If anyone watched tonight episode you wouldve seen one of the biggest ripoffs of TUF history! They pretty much gave Roy the win!
There was absolutely NO FREAKIN WAY Roy Nelson won that first round. The second one, yeah, but that should have been a 3 rounder with no questions asked..that disgusted me..I still cant stand Nelson..or Mitrione.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Agree guys, They gave that fight to him.. wow!
def. should have went to the 3rd round
I agree, definitely should have gone to a 3rd round.
Round 3! You can tell Dana hates Roy too.
Yes he does. If Roy wins, I think Dana would match him up with Brock in the very first fight of his UFC contract and have Lesnar destroy Roy once and for all.....
I thought Justin should have won this fight. Justin won the first round, and about half of the second, IMO. Roy started connecting at the end of the second round. It was a bullcrap fight. I hope Roy has to fight against MArcus Jones in the next round.
Stardust Wrote:Yes he does. If Roy wins, I think Dana would match him up with Brock in the very first fight of his UFC contract and have Lesnar destroy Roy once and for all.....

that would be nice lol..
There are some guys who are pretty talented this season...guys like Wren, Schaub, Jones.

But I agree this season fight wise has been very bad.