Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
66.67%
Pikeville Panthers
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Pikeville 10/30
SC by 2 tds.:Thumbs:
i say sc rolls in this one and if they keep the heads together will beat russell, i want them to come back to the pond creek so there is no excuses of who the better team is..
Ldycard83 Wrote:Ronnie Hickman, and the Mountain Citizen support our teams in our County, and the athletes on our teams. As far as him writing what he wants, he's the sports editior, and he has that right. I appreciate the coverage and pictures of our team. I know this means and lot to the boys and to the families who live out of town.

As far as having one person on the team to have over 1000 yards, who cares? Football is a team sport, not an individual sport. Our team this year has played better team football then any time in previous years. We don't rely on just one player, and frankly I'm glad. Our opponents can't just key in on one player which gives us an advantage. I know our boys have been working hard this week, and have came together as a team. Look for SC to win cause they sure don't enjoy losing. We still have the talent and the potential to finish strong. I think if we win this game, then that will give us the momentum to play well in the playoffs. If we loose this game, then I think winning in the playoffs will be a lot tougher for our boys.

He does support the teams and he is aloud to write what he wants.

you need one bigtime player to rely on because when teams key in on that person it opens oppurtunities for other players to make big plays, so yes you do need a great player...What are you talking about when you say they have played better team ball than any previous team...Are you serious? If they were playing the best team ball than any privious SC teams then why arent they winning more games than any previous team...I think your forgetting about the 06 team who beat belfry and made it to the regional championship and the 98 team who went 10-0 and made it to the final 4, so your saying this team is better than those.
No I'm not saying that this team is better than those other teams you mentioned as they proved themselves during their seasons and playoffs. I just mean't that on this SC team this year, several backs and different receivors get the ball more often, then just the same player getting the ball every time. I just think that makes for better football....that's just my opinion....
First off congrats to the Pikeville Panthers team and staff for the great season and huge turn around. Sheldon Clark will win this game simply based on defense. Even with all the distractions of the weeks past they will pull it off! The score however is going to be dictated by how well SC has regrouped since all the problems. If they come out and dominate every aspect then we will know they have righted the ship. Remember this is a very dangerous team with one of the best defenses in the mountains this year and they are not dead in the water yet!
Tony_Delk_fan_00 Wrote:He does support the teams and he is aloud to write what he wants.

you need one bigtime player to rely on because when teams key in on that person it opens oppurtunities for other players to make big plays, so yes you do need a great player...What are you talking about when you say they have played better team ball than any previous team...Are you serious? If they were playing the best team ball than any privious SC teams then why arent they winning more games than any previous team...I think your forgetting about the 06 team who beat belfry and made it to the regional championship and the 98 team who went 10-0 and made it to the final 4, so your saying this team is better than those.

The 98 team didn't go 10-0. They lost some embarassing games to Pburg, Paintsville, Whitly Co. and regular season to Belfry. This was due to injuries and mishaps as well. Maybe this team can pull it together and make a similar run.
Ronnie Hickman is a great booster of the Cards, and I think that's tremendous. Since he writes for the local paper, maybe he is a little biased, but I think he is a fan, also.

I live quite a distance from SC and can not get to all the games, so subscribe to the Mountain Citizen. I enjoy Ronnie's columns immensely, for I have a grandson on the team. Unfortunately he has not played in but about half of the games this season due to injuries. But he is only a sophomore, so he has a couple more years to play. Just maybe he'll be ready for the playoffs; I hope so, but I do not want to see him play if he is not completely healed.

I certainly hope that the Cards can get it back together; they have most definitely had some adversity, but when team overcomes adversities, they become a better unit. Remember it is not the past that counts, it is what one does going forward.