Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Is the Rockcastle County Senior Football Class of 2006?
there was 14 overall that stuck together for four years from 2003 to 2006 that graduated in the spring of 2007. This class at Rockcastle was statistically the last team to make a good run in November, some of the former Rockets are doing well since leaving the grid-iron on the education level and Brad Durham is still kicking alive on the lines at UK. Here are the senior leaders from that team:

#1 Anthony Cook
#2 Lynn Miracle
#3 Josh Garrison
#17 Izak McQueary
#23 Dusty Miller
#29 Josh Renner
#38 Adam Hensley
#50 Donavon Pigg
#52 Billy Hines
#53 Adam Mink
#71 Robbie Carosello
#73 David Robbins
#74 Brad Durham
#81 Shawn Childress

This team had 9 seniors out of 14 to make academic all-state status.
This team had 3 seniors out of 14 to letter all 4 years.
This team had 2 seniors out of 14 to appear in a state all-star game.
This team was the last to defeat Bell County twice in a season.
This team ranked in every category of stats in 2006 as a team besides receiving and passing out of the top 25 in Class AAA.
This team was the last winning team under Coach Tom Larkey at Rockcastle.
This team was the last team under the regular form of Class A to Class AAAA.

Where are they now?
I was confused when I saw the title, opened it and saw the names mentioned. I was thinking about my graduatings class but I forgot that the football class would have been 2005.

This class had some of the greatest linemen in Rockcastle history. Dusty Miller is one of the 4 best running backs I have ever seen. Shawn was a good WR. #1 is #1 in the hearts of many Rocket fans and players.
I know a few things that these former stars have done after commencement:

Cook: attends college; recently earned big scholarship award, major is welding technology
Miracle: still attending college, entering 1 of the 3 branches of the US Military
Garrison: attends college and perhaps working
McQueary: attending college and is working as an assistant coach at Rockcastle this year
Miller: is working a full-time job as a foreman perhaps at a factory
Renner: is working a job
Hensley: working a good job enjoying marriage life.
Pigg: more and likely working on the farm and is perhaps attending school somewhere
Hines: is working a full-time job in Somerset
Mink: is a voluntary fire department member (working)
Carosello: working a full-time job perhaps
Robbins: working a full-time job perhaps
Durham: plays football at UK for 3 years now
Childress: working a full-time job

I forgot to mention that some of the athletes amassed numbers and achievements during the season and notable records.

Cook: appeared in the North-South All-Star game as a junior in 2005, played linebacker and runningback in 2006, earned academic all-state honors. And lettered all four years due to dedication to Rockcastle County football.
Miracle: academic all-state for two years, played big role on both 2005 and 2006 teams.
Garrison: maintained a 4.0 GPA all four years, made first start as a linebacker in the 2005 Class AAA State Semi-Finals against Lexington Catholic, and started as linebacker on the 2006 11-2 team.
McQueary: versitale for three years from 2004 to 2006, earned academic all-state for three years, all district team for 2 years. Starting quarterback for the 2006 11-2 team.
Miller: early injury during junior season before Gabe Stallsworth's takeover, Dusty amassed the stats in 2006 breaking 5 school records, finished the 2006 season with 2,524 yards rushing and 28 rushing touchdowns ranking overall second in the state for Class AAA and 5th in the whole state. Was named the 2006 District Seven of Class AAA Player-of-the-Year.
Renner: consistent runner for the 2006 11-2 behind Miller along with underclassman Cody Mize. Academic all-state in 2006.
Hensley: played fullback,lineman,and linebacker in 2006, all-district team for two years,academic all-state in 2006. big defensive play maker in 2006 bas well.
Pigg: very smart ball-player, lettered four years at Rock, second on defense in 2006 and 4th in 2005 for just tackles. academic all-state for three years, all-district two years.
Hines: injuries did not bother him, He was a big role on the 2005 team as one the "BIG" lineman that protected Matt Burkhart,Gabe Stallsworth and Bucky Skinner to success with the passing,and rushing stat that year. Lettered 2 years dispize injury in early 2006. He was there for his team.
Mink: played big role along with Hines and Robbins on the 2005 team, started center for 2006 11-2 team, all-district for 1 year and academic all-state for two years.
Carosello: Sacrificed player that fought injury battles through all four years, lettered his senior season of 2006. Made good blocking for secondary also during 2006.
Robbins: lettered 3 years, all-district for two years. Played as one of the "BIG" lineman for the 2005 and 2006 teams.
Durham: size,good blocking and smarts earned him a ticket on the 2006 Ky. All-Star team and going to UK. He lettered and started 3 years, academic all-state for 4 years and all-district 3 years. Was second in tackles during 2006 season. Played kicker for 2006 11-2 team.
Childress: lettered and started all four years as a "GREAT,GREAT" reciever amassing 2,010 career total receiving yards as Rockcastle's best and is stated on the career numbers as one of the best in the state. Good playmaker, on offense and defense. All-district for two years, and academic all-state two years.
rocket01 Wrote:I know a few things that these former stars have done after commencement:

Cook: attends college; recently earned big scholarship award, major is welding technology
Miracle: still attending college, entering 1 of the 3 branches of the US Military
Garrison: attends college and perhaps working
McQueary: attending college and is working as an assistant coach at Rockcastle this year
Miller: is working a full-time job as a foreman perhaps at a factory
Renner: is working a job
Hensley: working a good job enjoying marriage life.
Pigg: more and likely working on the farm and is perhaps attending school somewhere
Hines: is working a full-time job in Somerset
Mink: is a voluntary fire department member (working)
Carosello: working a full-time job perhaps
Robbins: working a full-time job perhaps
Durham: plays football at UK for 3 years now
Childress: working a full-time job

I forgot to mention that some of the athletes amassed numbers and achievements during the season and notable records.

Cook: appeared in the North-South All-Star game as a junior in 2005, played linebacker and runningback in 2006, earned academic all-state honors. And lettered all four years due to dedication to Rockcastle County football.
Miracle: academic all-state for two years, played big role on both 2005 and 2006 teams.
Garrison: maintained a 4.0 GPA all four years, made first start as a linebacker in the 2005 Class AAA State Semi-Finals against Lexington Catholic, and started as linebacker on the 2006 11-2 team.
McQueary: versitale for three years from 2004 to 2006, earned academic all-state for three years, all district team for 2 years. Starting quarterback for the 2006 11-2 team.
Miller: early injury during junior season before Gabe Stallsworth's takeover, Dusty amassed the stats in 2006 breaking 5 school records, finished the 2006 season with 2,524 yards rushing and 28 rushing touchdowns ranking overall second in the state for Class AAA and 5th in the whole state. Was named the 2006 District Seven of Class AAA Player-of-the-Year.
Renner: consistent runner for the 2006 11-2 behind Miller along with underclassman Cody Mize. Academic all-state in 2006.
Hensley: played fullback,lineman,and linebacker in 2006, all-district team for two years,academic all-state in 2006. big defensive play maker in 2006 bas well.
Pigg: very smart ball-player, lettered four years at Rock, second on defense in 2006 and 4th in 2005 for just tackles. academic all-state for three years, all-district two years.
Hines: injuries did not bother him, He was a big role on the 2005 team as one the "BIG" lineman that protected Matt Burkhart,Gabe Stallsworth and Bucky Skinner to success with the passing,and rushing stat that year. Lettered 2 years dispize injury in early 2006. He was there for his team.
Mink: played big role along with Hines and Robbins on the 2005 team, started center for 2006 11-2 team, all-district for 1 year and academic all-state for two years.
Carosello: Sacrificed player that fought injury battles through all four years, lettered his senior season of 2006. Made good blocking for secondary also during 2006.
Robbins: lettered 3 years, all-district for two years. Played as one of the "BIG" lineman for the 2005 and 2006 teams.
Durham: size,good blocking and smarts earned him a ticket on the 2006 Ky. All-Star team and going to UK. He lettered and started 3 years, academic all-state for 4 years and all-district 3 years. Was second in tackles during 2006 season. Played kicker for 2006 11-2 team.
Childress: lettered and started all four years as a "GREAT,GREAT" reciever amassing 2,010 career total receiving yards as Rockcastle's best and is stated on the career numbers as one of the best in the state. Good playmaker, on offense and defense. All-district for two years, and academic all-state two years.

Rocket1, I am normally not a stickler for wording but the US military has at least 5 branches: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard
lwc Wrote:Rocket1, I am normally not a stickler for wording but the US military has at least 5 branches: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard
Thank you for correcting me on that fact iwc?:Thumbs:
Rocket01, where are they now? This thread is three years old. It would be great to know where their lives have went now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]