Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What A Way to Lose A Game
Game is outta Michigan.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFWIzoxYQ4s&feature=player_embedded#"]YouTube - John Glenn Homecoming 2009[/ame]
Wow, the holders knee was on the ground when he picked up the ball, leaning against the defender. How was he not down on contact?
Stardust Wrote:Wow, the holders knee was on the ground when he picked up the ball, leaning against the defender. How was he not down on contact?
Just what I was thinking maybe they have different rules in Michigan or something. But here in KY he would be down were his knee was. But yea thats a bad way to lose a game . I mean when the refs miss it like that.:dontthink
That is a weird ending!
Thats why you have to play hard till the whistle blows!!
Couldnt said it any better myself lol.
I noticed the knee as well. However, I think the ref's lost sight of the ball in everything until he was standing up with it again. What a way to end a game reminds me of the way the one ended the other day with the kid spiking the ball for it to be picked up and returned for a TD and a win.
that would suck
Stardust Wrote:Wow, the holders knee was on the ground when he picked up the ball, leaning against the defender. How was he not down on contact?

The holder gets an exemption for a knee being down. He starts the play with a knee down and as long as he doesn't get up and then back down he can field the ball with a knee on the ground. That is why on field goals and extra points the ball isn't dead when the holder takes the snap. Or why the holder isn't down on fakes. (Remember his knee is on the ground then too). The rule applies in college ball and in high school.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:The holder gets an exemption for a knee being down. He starts the play with a knee down and as long as he doesn't get up and then back down he can field the ball with a knee on the ground. That is why on field goals and extra points the ball isn't dead when the holder takes the snap. Or why the holder isn't down on fakes. (Remember his knee is on the ground then too). The rule applies in college ball and in high school.
For years I've wondered if their was an exception of some type but was never able to find the exact wording or how it applied and for how long. The fake kicks always made me wonder, I knew their had to be something I was unaware of in the rules but wasn't exactly sure what it was. Thanks for the info.:Thumbs:
that would really and i mean really suck but i thought in high school football if you had the ball in your hand like the holder did and was on the ground his knee was down and the guy touched him even if he didnt touch him in high school i thought if you was on the ground you were down by contact or not you was called down looked like the rfs missed one if thats the rules
did anyone notice that the announcers kept saying great awareness by the players they were walking off the field as well until the coaches went nuts and told tgem to run