Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can They See?
Just read a thread on another site about the teams returning to the field after halftime. Promblem was West Jessamine didn't return on time. Just asked my kid what happened and after all he was privy to what transpired he said the refs didn't let them know. So I'm assuming its the officials responsibility to notify the coaches so the 15-yards should be assessed on the officials. Besides anyone that saw the game knew the officiating was horrible both ways.
Prestonsburg received a similar penalty in their last game versus Morgan County. I asked a player why we received a penalty during halftime and I was told that you get a certain amount of time added on throughout the season for halftime and Prestonsburg had used up all their extra time given to each team by the KHSAA resulting in a penalty.
I don't know if the refs are supposed to let you know when to go out, but we always have a coach continuously check the clock till its time to go out. I don't remeber us ever being late after halftime except the time our marching band went past the time they had causing us to be late.
That is incorrect. The rule is that the team must be on field when the halftime clock hits zero. A number of teams have a coach that checks and lets them know when it is about time to go to the field. This rule and the new sideline rule are two rules they are making a point about this year.