Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Holmes
71.43%
Scott
28.57%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes @ Scott 10/16
Holmes (6-1) travels to Taylor Mill to take on the Eagles (2-5) Friday night.

Dogs come in off a 21-12 loss to Dixie.

Scott comes in off a big loss to Covcath.

Thoughts?
Scott has their hands full the rest of the year with Holmes, Highlands, and Simon Kenton. I don't see them winning any of these games. Zach Sowder is a fine player but it takes more than him to beat Holmes.
Holmes by 21+
Scott has had alot of success against Holmes recently. Hopefully that trend is able to continue.
Yes they have but this Holmes team will run all over Scott.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Scott has had alot of success against Holmes recently. Hopefully that trend is able to continue.
What do you consider recent success? Because Holmes have beaten Scott more times than not over the last few years. Your logic works better if you would say that Holmes will win
Over the last 10 years both programs have had multiple head coaches ( 4 on each side I believe)

Holmes has beaten Scott 7 times (2008, 2006, 2004,2003, 2001, 2000, 1999) Scott won in 2007, 2005, 2002

Holmes has out scored Scott 284-125

Recent history tells me Holmes will win this one:eyeroll:
Holmes by 2 touchdowns.
I agree that Scott has their hands full in this one. Holmes team speed on the defensive side of the ball will really give Scott's O problems all night. Holmes defense played very well against Dixie, shutting them out in the second half.

Offensively, Holmes has so many weapons that it will be tough for the Eagles to key on Oden or Jensen. I'd expect Peterson to have another big night receiving against the smaller Scott db's.

Holmes 41
Scott 12
Homes big
nky Wrote:Over the last 10 years both programs have had multiple head coaches ( 4 on each side I believe)

Holmes has beaten Scott 7 times (2008, 2006, 2004,2003, 2001, 2000, 1999) Scott won in 2007, 2005, 2002

Holmes has out scored Scott 284-125

Recent history tells me Holmes will win this one:eyeroll:

So for the past 4 years, Scott has split with the Bulldogs which in this case means Scott has had some success against Holmes and that is all I said in my statement that Scott has had some success in recent games with them. Nothing more, nothing less. History has Holmes laying it on Scott year after year after year but for about the past 4 it hasn't always been like that plain and simple.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:So for the past 4 years, Scott has split with the Bulldogs which in this case means Scott has had some success against Holmes and that is all I said in my statement that Scott has had some success in recent games with them. Nothing more, nothing less. History has Holmes laying it on Scott year after year after year but for about the past 4 it hasn't always been like that plain and simple.
Ok glass half empty half full agrument. That being said the Holmes program is on the up swing while Scott's isn't.
Holmes easy
Holmes will be able to key on Sowder which will really take the Eagles out of what they want to do. I don't think Scott has seen a team yet with as much team speed as Holmes. I see the Eagles really having a tough time moving the ball offensively and being too slow defensively.