Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 85 Knott County Central 34
This year Bell Co/Whitley Co game Bell Co ran a kickoff to the 1 yard line with a min to go and took a knee! If that was Corbin they would had scored. Thats the difference between a school having class and one not!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:So did Breathitt, people make me sick making excuses for other teams while bashing Breathitt. As far as I am concerned this is no better than what Breathitt has done, or Belfry has done, or any other football power has done in high-school football.

Hey Brahma Bullbutter, Belfry never has run it up in Haywood's tenure, so do not include them in your analysis. Belfry plays the varsity for the first half in any game and they begin subbing if it gets too bad. At the start of the second half the jv/freshman are in there for the whole second half. Scores may be lopsided in games, but it is only because the other teams are so bad that they cannot evern stop the jv team.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:This year Bell Co/Whitley Co game Bell Co ran a kickoff to the 1 yard line with a min to go and took a knee! If that was Corbin they would had scored. Thats the difference between a school having class and one not!

I wouldn't call this not having class. I agree that Coach Hilton has as much class as anyone involved with high school sports in the state of Kentucky, but this wasn't a classless score if you understand how the game went. Apparently KCC was hanging right with them until the start of the third quarter. 49-0 in one half is not really running up the score.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:This is also the same Coach who beat Middlesboro back a few years ago like 60-7 and with a min to go ran a 2 pt conversion. I dont care what you guys say a win is a win you DONT HAVE TO SCORE 85 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This isnt basketball. All this was about making a statement and Corbin is still overrated!

You were not there and you do not know what your talking about. I explained what happened, but evidently you will not hear the truth. Your hatred for Corbin and their coach has already determined what your conclusion is.

And really, we don't care what you think.
Wow!! Did Corbin substitute? Looks like someone ran up the score ???
No they didn't..Get ready to get told about Corbin playing there starters like I did because I thought the same thing, lol.
Why did Corbin start their JV?
For everyone crying/mad that corbin scored 85 on KCC, just like in an earlier post, if you dont want it to happen play some defense!
Just throwing it out there. Isn't margin what should be being looked at? 51 isn't a ridiculous margin.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:You were not there and you do not know what your talking about. I explained what happened, but evidently you will not hear the truth. Your hatred for Corbin and their coach has already determined what your conclusion is.

And really, we don't care what you think.

Join the club. :biggrin::Thumbs:
BCF4L Wrote:I hate hearing this running up the score crap. This is high school football. If you can beat a team 100-0 then by all means do it. Football is becoming such a sissy game because of all the whining going on whether it be running up the score or touching the QB. This is a man's game and should be played with men rules, not two hand touch baby stuff.

Plain and simple, if you don't want a team to score 85 points on you, play some defense, otherwise, expect it to be lopsided.
:notworthy Best post Ive read in a looooong time. Outstanding. :notworthy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Corbin better hope they don't meet the Fort Campbell Falcons!!!
what is thiswinn supposed to do for corbin..they trying to tell the mountain teams that there the most dominant...SOORRY this is a pitiful score no class....wish they would play bell again are aNOTHER DESIANT MOUNTAIN TEAM AND TRY TO DO THIS TO THEM....:please:
To be quite honest, I think they could and would beat Bell. Bell is a great team and I believe the two are neck and neck but I don't know if Bell has anyone that can stop Watkins. I wish Jewell and Dudley would get over their fued instead of waiting the other out to renew the series. That's Petty for two fine men to act like that over TR.
HAROLD Wrote:To be quite honest, I think they could and would beat Bell. Bell is a great team and I believe the two are neck and neck but I don't know if Bell has anyone that can stop Watkins. I wish Jewell and Dudley would get over their fued instead of waiting the other out to renew the series. That's Petty for two fine men to act like that over TR.

I wouldn't go that far. I think you could say Corbin and Prestonsburg are neck and neck for the number two spot in the Mountains. Saying Bell County and Prestonsburg/Corbin are on the same level is just far-fetched. I hope this doesn't get all the Bobcat fans riled up and spew their bias posts on to this thread, but you have to give it to them. The Bobcats are simply the best team in the Mountains hands down.
Bell would beat Corbin by four or more touchdowns.
agrre they would prolly beat them by as much as they beat this poor team...
TidesHoss32 Wrote::notworthy Best post Ive read in a looooong time. Outstanding. :notworthy

I agree...Football is not for a sissy game. Either Man up or Leave.
What no one has mentioned is that both coaches agreed before the game that they would have a running clock at 35pts instead of 45 because KCC was being thoughtful of Corbins long trip home on a thur. night. That gave a bad message to the hounds D because they did not show up in the 1st half. Hounds got a fire lit under them at half the worse they have got chewed in a few years. Time of poss. was unbelievable Corbin would get hand it to Watkins and he would score. What were they supposed to do take a knee to start the 2nd half?
What a whipping the Redhounds put on, congrats to Corbin
For the last time! Corbin scored 85 points simply because Knott Central DIDNOT PLAY DEFENSE! Watkins was only tackled 2 times all night. KCC fans are not upset that Corbin scored 85 points, only the fact that KCC's defense was non-existant! We wonder what would have happened if KCC had shown any defensive prowess. Corbin did not start their JV as some has said, KCC's offensive game was very good and they executed it very well, Corbin made 2nd half adjustments which led them to the win.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Bell would beat Corbin by four or more touchdowns.

I doubt that