Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alcoa's Robinson verbally commits to UK
Tyler Robinson, 6-3, 254 pound, Class 2A Mr. Football, tight end verballly commits to UK and Randy Sanders yesterday at 2pm. Robinson expects to talk to Rich Brooks today about his commitment. Tyler will join two former Alcoa teammates Kyrus Lanxter and Randall Cobb. Officially, Tyler won't be able to sign until February 3rd.

My Bell County friends will remember Tyler as #89 who played both tight end and defensive end for Alcoa.
Congrats to Tyler
Congrats and welcome to Big Blue Nation
And glad to see Alcoa fans still on the site.
Fiftyishfootballmom Wrote:Tyler Robinson, 6-3, 254 pound, Class 2A Mr. Football, tight end verballly commits to UK and Randy Sanders yesterday at 2pm. Robinson expects to talk to Rich Brooks today about his commitment. Tyler will join two former Alcoa teammates Kyrus Lanxter and Randall Cobb. Officially, Tyler won't be able to sign until February 3rd.

My Bell County friends will remember Tyler as #89 who played both tight end and defensive end for Alcoa.

this is excellent news for UK...it seems to me that alcoa has become a pipline school for UK....excellent news all the way around :rockon::1::1::1::1::1:
Is there any other alcoa players being looked at by uk ..
belldad2011 Wrote:Is there any other alcoa players being looked at by uk ..

I know that Randall Cobb is talking to Darrell Warren (#1) defensive end and running back about the Kentucky program. He is a Junior this year so it will be a bit before we hear more about this. I know Darrell and his family well and I have it on good authority that he will elect to play somewhere close to home so that his family can come and support him. KY and TN will probably be in his mind. Darrell's cousin, Brandon Warren plays for TN.
CardinalAlum Wrote:Congrats and welcome to Big Blue Nation
And glad to see Alcoa fans still on the site.

Thank you Cardinal Alum. I want to take this opportunity to say that I have really enjoyed this forum and have talked to some very nice people in Kentucky. Before the Alcoa - Bell County game, we all were talking about the strengths of our respective teams but it was all positive with very few people being arrogant and bashing the other. Since that time, I have talked with and maintained some good friends on this KY website. Thank you for your welcome and kind words. We appeciate the opportunity to mix TN and KY high school football together and creating some new opportunities for our kids.
Thanks to all, we have enjoyed this forum and look forward to seeing more of our Alcoa boys playing for UK. I am a Tennessee fan and a UK fan - when they compete, I pull for both of them Smile
This is great news.... I'm so glad he has commited to the wildcats!!!! Good luck from Bell County, and hope Alcoa goes all the way......... :rockon:
Its great to hear that we are still getting some really good players out of Alcoa.
Personally, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if UK takes 2 or 3 F5's a year at the very least Big Grin

On a side note, congrats to Alcoa on their debut this week in the National Rankings!
Fiftyishfootballmom. What about Toney? Is he being looked at from UK? He would make a great ATH in Div1 somewhere!
To be honest, I haven't heard. I will ask his dad this week at the game and get back to you.
I like the big FB #2 he is a beast, what are some of his college choices?
Intimidator Wrote:I like the big FB #2 he is a beast, what are some of his college choices?

#2 Teharin Tyson to my knowledge has only been to UT so far. He is only a junior so he has plenty of time.
Fiftyishfootballmom Wrote:#2 Teharin Tyson to my knowledge has only been to UT so far. He is only a junior so he has plenty of time.
I agree hope cobb ta.ks him into coming to kentucky i have never seen a fb his sdes his legs were huge i knew he was good when i saw before the bell game..
A lot of people may not agree with the playcalling of Phillips and Sanders, but as recruiters, they have opened things up in the south for Kentucky. We've got pipelines to Georgia and lately they've hit Tennessee for some great pick ups. If I'm not mistaken, they even picked up a few of South Carolina's top players from last year's class as well. Great pick up for an offense that loses three tight ends this season!
Congrats and Welcome to the SEC. What position would he play?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Congrats and Welcome to the SEC. What position would he play?

#2 Teharin Tyson currently plays fullback.

#89 Tyler Robinson plays tight end and defensive end currently. UT has talked to Tyler but they wanted him to play center. KY wants him to play tight end.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Fiftyishfootballmom. What about Toney? Is he being looked at from UK? He would make a great ATH in Div1 somewhere!

I understand he has interest from Vanderbilt, WestPoint, Ohio plus several academic scholarship offers from other universities including Kentucky. Wish that Kentucky would offer something for football......