Dorton 34
Cawood 26

Courtney Wright 13 points, 6 steals, 3 assists
Taylor Rowe 8 points, 3 assists
Savannah Honaker 5 points, 2 steals
Mariah Newsom 4 points, 7 rebounds
Abby Smallwood 2 points, 4 steals
Kennedy Tucker 2 points

The only other pool game I know the results of was that Pikeville defeated Emmalena pretty easily.
Good luck in the next game, good group of girls.
What is the schedule for today?
Results from today?
I think the 8th grade tournament starts at 3:00 today. When I left yesterday, the bracket (based on pool play) hadn't been determined yet because we played really early. I am thinking the top half of the bracket has Whitesbure, Carr Creek, Pikeville, Cawood, and Whitley, with the bottom having Dorton, Wallins, Emmalena, Jenkins, AB Combs, and Barbourville. I will post the results late this evening if no one else has.
Any results from today ?
i believe dorton beat wallins and A.B. combs beat dorton in the semifinals
I've heard some team just showed up and played in the Championship game, had not played a game until the championship. Is there any truth to this??? My sister in law was there and heard a few people complaining about this in the common/eating area.
Patriot Wrote:I've heard some team just showed up and played in the Championship game, had not played a game until the championship. Is there any truth to this??? My sister in law was there and heard a few people complaining about this in the common/eating area.

Neither of the teams in the championship did that. AB Combs played both days, but Whitley did only play on Sunday. They went into the tournament bracket as a 2 or 3 seed and played 3 games to win it. I think they already had a game scheduled at Lexington Catholic which prevented them from playing on Saturday.
Whitley played 4 games to win the tournament on Sunday... They did have a game at Lex Catholic on Saturday so they could not be there that day.