Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield VS Newport Central Catholic Class A State Championship Game
Thoughts, Predictions, Anything? :bounce:
This could be a classic . . . .

Mayfield is a power running team (against Bardstown 63 run plays for 363, 2 for 4 passing for 20 yards). They are also QUICK on defense--and really seem to hammer the LOS.

I have a little past experience with Mayfield. NCC needs to be prepared for a completely different type of football than what they are used to seeing. Hatchell is a great addition for Mayfield at MLB/FB. Blake Rust is also pretty solid running the ball. Tristan Dumas is another name that has been around there for a while (he played against us as a freshman in the 2002 state championship when they finished 15-0).

Personally, I was surprised that they were able to keep Bardstown to 21 points.

The good news is that this game was a lot closer than the final score indicated. And--I wonder how Mayfield will do against a good passing team like NCC. Mayfield has also played an extremely tough early season schedule (where they lost a couple).

Too early to call at this point--but I am a little nervous for NCC (purely because I have spent time on Mayfield the last 3 years--early on because they were our projected opponent the last few seasons).
Mayfield by 3
Good Luck to Mayfield, Lex.Cath & Owensboro Catholic !!!
Going to be a GREAT game... .i see Mayfield winning this by 7
This will be a great game..I think NewCath takes the title back to NKY in a very close game.

NewCath-22
Mayfield-14
i think it will go into overtime and newport will pull it off by a fieldgoal!
Newport Central Catholic
Should be a dandy! NCC in a close one.
I have thought this was the Breds year since the Pike County Bowl back in August and I am not going to change my mind now...Mayfield will make this a great game though.

NCC-21
Mayfield-14
Catholic by 7
PHSFAN...how many times you going to predict?? Smile

But I'll take NCC by 13. They looked great back in August, and can only have gotten better :thumb:
Who wins?
yeah
I'll take NCC. They'll pull away late.
I will be taking Mayfield in a barn burner! They will add another title to the trophy case now that Beachwood and Danville are removed from the picture! NCC will not stop the run and the clock will be the enemy!

Mayfield- 35
NCC- 14
Mayfield by 7
ncc
I'll go with NCC.
Ncc
NCC wins this one
Ncc
Bets are settled