Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitchers in the 15th
Who do you think are the top pitchers in the 15th this coming year?

2 Obvious are the Chandler kid from Lawrence County and Parker from Central.
Chandler Shepard will not be pitching this year.
Armchair QB Wrote:Chandler Shepard will not be pitching this year.
Sheppard will be pitching this spring!
Armchair QB Wrote:Chandler Shepard will not be pitching this year.

Don't count Shep out to soon my friend. I heard he will be a lefty this season. Can you say wow!!! This kid is as talented as they come!!! :Thumbs:
Hotshot Wrote:Sheppard will be pitching this spring!
I hope you are correct.
DAWGS_00 Wrote:Don't count Shep out to soon my friend. I heard he will be a lefty this season. Can you say wow!!! This kid is as talented as they come!!! :Thumbs:
There was a kid that played first base for Lexington Christian that swiched arms his senior season a couple of years ago, and actually ended up signing with Marshall. So it can be done. There are several people that have been ampedextrous over the years. But as said he was a first baseman , not a pitcher. But, I have heard of ampedextrous pitchers as well. Dont think I evcer heard of one that switched sides and became game ready with only a few months working at it.

Now here's the hard part. Being able to throw for strikes, with command of off speed to go with it, and having the stamina to go with it. Big difference in being able throw the ball a few times to a catcher going the other way, and in being an effective pitcher.
JCHS05 Wrote:Who do you think are the top pitchers in the 15th this coming year?

2 Obvious are the Chandler kid from Lawrence County and Parker from Central.
You would have to have Austin Lyons as being one of the top two.
Hmm, take that much of a risk during his Junior year????? This kid has potential D1 talent. Not taking chances with this young man his Junior year just makes sense. Rushing anything is just plain ignorant. It is going to work for Austin Vann of Campbell County. He had the surgery, did not play his HS year, was able to Hit during summer ball and is able to play in the outfield for me during Fall Ball. He has as much talent as Chandler and because he was handled properly, will make an impact his Senor year.
Stardust Wrote:Hmm, take that much of a risk during his Junior year????? This kid has potential D1 talent. Not taking chances with this young man his Junior year just makes sense. Rushing anything is just plain ignorant. It is going to work for Austin Vann of Campbell County. He had the surgery, did not play his HS year, was able to Hit during summer ball and is able to play in the outfield for me during Fall Ball. He has as much talent as Chandler and because he was handled properly, will make an impact his Senor year.
I agree, a little common sense can go a long way, Dusty.

As you implied, his surgery is such a common occurance anymore, and the success rate is so high, that this doesn't make a lick of sense. I'm scratching my head on this one as well. Why would anyone jack around ten minutes trying too pull off a stunt like this. Why not just take this year off to work on the things that may have caused the danged problems to begin with? Take the time to let yourself heal properly and work on the proper mechanics of being a right hander first. Try and work on the things that will help keep you healthy for the long haul.
We all have times in our lives when you need to take a step back and look at the big picture. I feel this is certainly one of those times.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I agree, a little common sense can go a long way, Dusty.

As you implied, his surgery is such a common occurance anymore, and the success rate is so high, that this doesn't make a lick of sense. I'm scratching my head on this one as well. Why would anyone jack around ten minutes trying too pull off a stunt like this. Why not just take this year off to work on the things that may have caused the danged problems to begin with? Take the time to let yourself heal properly and work on the proper mechanics of being a right hander first. Try and work on the things that will help keep you healthy for the long haul.

CatDawg Wrote:We all have times in our lives when you need to take a step back and look at the big picture. I feel this is certainly one of those times.

Common sense many times loses out to selfishness. So often the parents and the coaches say, well I just want the player to do what they want. BULL ****. We are the adults! If that same youngster who has not been around the block a time or two wanted to shoot-up, would those same adults give that teenager the freedom if they could stop that!

Sorry, I got lost in my own rambling. Good posts gentlemen! :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Common sense many times loses out to selfishness. So often the parents and the coaches say, well I just want the player to do what they want. BULL ****. We are the adults! If that same youngster who has not been around the block a time or two wanted to shoot-up, would those same adults give that teenager the freedom if they could stop that!

Sorry, I got lost in my own rambling. Good posts gentlemen! :Thumbs:
I don't think that is the case with Chandlers parents but I agree sometimes the parent has to make the right decision since the kid can't see the big picture.
Chandler would be crazy to even think about throwing at the begging of the spring season..the kid is great and has been heard about everywhere..im sure he will come back just fine..but how many people have had surgery and not rehabbed long enough to come back fully recovered..i have played before and have known the feeling of not getting to play because of injury..its kills you..but as a coach or a parent you have to do whats best for the kid..in my opinion i would not even think about letting him throw till the end of the season..its clear that he will go D1 if he comes back just as good so why push it and risk something worse...the best wishes to Chandler and the rest of his career.
Lets all keep it clear that he IS NOT throwing AT ALL with his right arm. He is taking therapy and working hard.

Certainly don't want anymore rumors that he is out throwing with his right arm when he absolutely is not!!

As far as season goes, Dr Kremcheck has stated the he likes "DH" but Chandler is fully aware that he will not be pitching competitively next season!
Dawg@heart Wrote:Lets all keep it clear that he IS NOT throwing AT ALL with his right arm. He is taking therapy and working hard.

Certainly don't want anymore rumors that he is out throwing with his right arm when he absolutely is not!!

As far as season goes, Dr Kremcheck has stated the he likes "DH" but Chandler is fully aware that he will not be pitching competitively next season!

I have heard this from many of peopl.