Belfry
Sheldon Clark
Shelby Valley
Prestonsburg
Letcher Co. Central
Pikeville
Jenkins
Leslie Co.
Belfry - Always dominant, probably will be better next season than even this year
Sheldon Clark - Team on the rise, should also be much better next season
SV - ???
Prestonsburg - Not too sure, but surely will improve on the disappointing year this season brought
LCC - Upstart program that started strong this season. Not a playoff team next season, but better all around.
Pikeville - ???
Jenkins - ???
Leslie - ???
I beleive Sheldon Clark will have a good team coming back next year our backfield was young and got alot of talented kids. We will need to have some people step it up to feel the linemen spots. But I believe Sheldon Clark will be fine for the next couple of years.
Belfry - Belfry will be loaded again, next years team was the one supposed to be here at this late in the season.

Sheldon Clark - Hager has turned the SC program around, They will be Belfry's new district rival.

Shelby Valley - Still a team trying to find themselves

Prestonsburg - They need to rebuild their foundation and get back to fundamentals

Letcher Co. Central - Still a team on the rise, HH will have a contender in a few years.

Pikeville - Good Coach, good system, needs talent to fill the positions.

As far as the rest of the teams go, I don't know enough about them to give a fair assessment.
I think belfry and sheldon clark will be really good next year, they both r goin to be 2 hard teams to beat..
sheldon clark they will be good next year but not great they have 3 of five lineman spots to fill crucial spots on the line they are losing jon wells jon allen and josh schmitt 3 big fellers i think they have justin chaffins to fill one spot but i aint sure on the others they will be good with there backfield but im not sure on there line
Belfry: Good but like this year will not go to state next.
Sheldon Clark: Not to good, better get some linemen prepaired next year.
Shelby Valley: Well not really sure, but i know the have 3 good linemen that can block and has good feet and power.
Pikeville: Be good but not like the was while back. most of the main players was sr.'s
Prestonsburg: Not really powerful just quick
leslie Co.: Not seen played ever
Letcher Central: Building program. HH probably has something up his sleeves to make a winning promgram.
Jenkins: Need new coach or something and weight program! Just give them school spirit! :beg:
I can only believe that after the season that Belfry had this year when everyone thought it would be a rebuilding year that Belfry will absolutely be a much better team next year.
Belfry will be a top contender, this was supposed to be a rebuilding yr that just happened to turn into a contender because of all of the heart the Pirates play with. Look for them to return to the pizza box next yr.
Belfry returns 8 starters on defense.
They also return May and Chapman in the backfield, Steele at TE, and I think 3 offensive lineman. So 6 offensve starters.

IMO, Belfry will be dominant in 2A next year... this year's team was picked 2nd in the district and not supposed to make it past the regional finals and it may end up they were a false start away from a state title.

Sheldon Clark will be the #3 team in Region 4 next year and may very well make it back to the regional finals,,, Middlesboro is going to be tough returning 8-9 starters on both sides of the ball.

Pikeville will bea regional championship contender.

Pike Central, Jenkins, Leslie County, Shelby Valley will struggle.

Prestonsburg is a mystery.
belfry will do good
sc will have a down year
and the rest i dont know about.
Belfry-will win Region 4 and will be a top contender for a state title.
Pikeville-will be a top contender for a regional title, they will be better next season than this past season IMO.
Sheldon Clark-will contend for the #2 spot in their district and maybe region.

I wouldn't expect too much from the other teams listed in the 1st post of this thread though it would not surprise me to see Pburg back in the thick of things next season.
Belfry - Will be in the hunt once again, but have a few people to replace that will be interesting to see how they come together!

Sheldon Clark - I look for a very good team to come out of Martin County next year! I feel they will battle Prestonsburg for another 2 seed in 2006!

Shelby Valley - This team showed so much improvement this year and may be the big surprise in the district! I pick one upset of the top three by this team!

Prestonsburg - I just can not see this team staying down after the year that they had in 2005! They will fight it out for the #2 seed. The difference in the #2 and #3 seed will be as a result of the upset above!

Letcher Co. Central - This team is still a few years away from a 500 season! They must learn to come together as one and be a team!

Pikeville - Pikeville will make some noise in Pike County next year! This just might be the year that they over come the Pirate curse!

Jenkins - Don't have a lot to say about this team at this point!

Leslie Co. - This will be the team to beat in the region next year! They will once again have a great record by the season's end. They will have to over come the power of the other side of the region once again in the playoffs!
i believe that prestonsburg will have a good season next year
no way next years belfry team will be better than this years they will probably go to state but i know they wont be a better team
It's way too early for this thread.
Let's wait and see who works in the offseason and what new players teams will have.
belfry prestonsburg and sheldon clark will be top notch
hopefully prestonsburg will turn it around and get it back to a winning tradition
Prestonsburg will come back next year and get back to winning ways
Well Prestonsburg loses 2 Hamiltons, Peters, Shaffer, etc. Those guys were the major part of the offense. I can't see Prestonsburg having any better of a season next year than this year. The team is very young, and should be good in a couple of years, but I don't see it next year.
Shelby Valley will return many kids on the offensive side of the ball...they will have three linemen returning...1 Senior-Tyler Cable..2 Juniors-Daniel Gillespie and Eric Althauser Jr. SV also returns their Senior fullback-John Johnson, Junior quarterback Tyler Johnson and Wide recievers Colby Newsome(Senior) and Jacob Bryant(Junior). The backfield will be a rebuild as they lose Jonothan McPeek, Zach Mullins and Larry May.
Belfry: Win alot of there district games next year "like every year". (Still will be the district Fav.)
Sheldon Clark: Win continue the progress that they had last season lookin to win 9 or 10 games.
Shelby Valley: They will not be so good next year but they'll go to the 2A playoffs though.
Pikeville: Will make another 1A state run next year.
Prestonsburg: Pass alot more than they did in the past! Run alot with younger players. There will only be 2 seniors on the line next season for the Blackcats. They'll win 8 to 10 games.
leslie Co.: They struggle alot only win about 5 or 6 games !
Letcher Central: They'll be a better team winning about 8 or 9 games.
Paintsville : Will make a 1A run again with Pugh.
Hazard : Will not be very good team on '06.
Belfry: they will defentialy NOT have a better team than last years. They will lose Maynard ( who was basically the whole offense).
SC: They will have a tough time filling the line positions but the have a tough backfield. Having Hensley at QB, Harless at split end, And Hayes at TE could be a tough line up.
SV: Not 2 good bub.
Pike: ?
P-Burg: a young QB that I think needs a little more experience but over all they should do pretty well.
Leslie Co.: They should do very will do pretty well, but I dont see them makin it as far next year as they did this year..
LC.: ?
P-ville: Will make another 1A playoff run with Pugh leading them.
Hazard: Not to good..
Prestronsburg will be rebuilding.. They are good at the skill posistions, but have no line.. Sad to say it, but there season won't improve from last year.
Prestonsburg has alot of good young players and will be good next year.
Can any of the blackcat fans on here tell me who they lost this year? and what positions they played plz and thanx
belfry will for sure be a title contender and sheldon clark will give them a run for their money
Have to disagree with you Stunt101, but next years team will be a better team than this years.
does jenkins have anyone returning i know they lost jake johnson and i heard there qb was going to letcher county central