Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best President
Well Clinton Did create NATO if im not mistaken.

But as far as "best" president....Roosevelt got us out of the Great Depression of 1929
Harry Truman was good he was one of the major reasons of Japan surrending in WW II by dropping the atm bomb on Nagaski and Hirshima (sp on both)

Good Day.

Republicans got us into the mess, but a democrat got us out.
Who got us out of the Cold War? F2F
reagan baby
Ronald reagan was the best president ever
What did Reagan do ba11er?
Reagan ended the cold war. would you have liked a nuclear war with Russia?
Did he really end it? Or is that what you have just been told?
If that wasn't directed toward anyone specifically I will go ahead and say that I was not taught that Reagan ended the Cold War, however in my opinion he did. The issue is very debatable I agree, but without the pressure that Reagan put on the Russians and the deficit spending then it wouldn't have ended so quickly or at all for what we know.
You know, I do think my history teacher told me that little piece of information.
I was taught he did, and did not form my opinion that he did not until later down the road. The Soviet Union had been in decline since Nixon, it was no surprise that it happened, but I don't think Reagan should get full or even most of the credit for it.

But that's my opinion and I'm done with the Politics Forum for today.
I was taught the opposite of you GF in my HIS class, but also decided differently later.
You shouldnt leave the Politics Forum, you're educated posts make them enjoyable to read. We don't see eye to eye on most politcal issues but you have never attacked me and I am very open minded to your posts.
But some people aren't. And I'm leaving for good. I have German at 6 in Whitehall so I have to leave for now, maybe the night, unless my named gets tossed around in here again.
Have a good walk, atleast it quit snowing,
I will be watching the Politics Forum closely his evening to prevent anyone from getting to personal.