Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Clay 34 Lou. Central 21
Final! Ihigh Football Frenzy @ Tates Creek!

Congrats Blue Devils
Final
Twitter: @tc_analytics

According to khsaa.org, the score was 34-21, so that's what we'll go with for now.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nice win for HC
Henry Clay didn't win a football game until the first week of October last season.

The Blue Devils got the job done in August this year.

Looking strong from the get-go, Henry Clay beat two-time defending Class 3A state champion Central 34-21 in the iHigh Football Frenzy Saturday afternoon at Tates Creek.

Jerry Williams made an impressive debut as the Devils' quarterback.

"He looked pretty good, didn't he?" Coach Sam Simpson said.

The 5-foot-11, 165-pound junior threw for 170 yards and two touchdowns, and ran for 90 yards, including a 71-yard TD dash.
http://www.kentucky.com/813/story/914113.html
0-2 start for CENTRAL, and dont get any easier then next few weeks, but they still will be team to beat in 3a
already a thread

[ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68886"]Henry Clay 34 - Central 21 - Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals[/ame]
didnt look past page one sorry
Stardust Wrote:Henry Clay didn't win a football game until the first week of October last season.

The Blue Devils got the job done in August this year.

Looking strong from the get-go, Henry Clay beat two-time defending Class 3A state champion Central 34-21 in the iHigh Football Frenzy Saturday afternoon at Tates Creek.

Jerry Williams made an impressive debut as the Devils' quarterback.

"He looked pretty good, didn't he?" Coach Sam Simpson said.

The 5-foot-11, 165-pound junior threw for 170 yards and two touchdowns, and ran for 90 yards, including a 71-yard TD dash.
http://www.kentucky.com/813/story/914113.html
My son just called me and he was at this game he said Louisville Central didnt look up to speed yet.
BurntTires Wrote:My son just called me and he was at this game he said Louisville Central didnt look up to speed yet.

probaly wait until playoffs,lol
The yellowjackets took one on the chin in this game.
Henry Clay is for real? How many did they loose last year as far as senior?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Yellowjackets were never in this game. HC took it down and scored on an 8 play drive to start the game. Central on its first play from scrimmage fumbled the ball which was returned for a touchdown. Central was down 13-7 but went on to throw 4 interceptions and never really got any type of rythem. It doesn't get any easier for the yellow jackets who play Ballard, Manual, Male and St. X before seeing their first 3A opponent.
I watched the internet feed and my impressions of Central were:
1. Not nearly as physical as the previous couple years. The past two Central teams would knock your head off every play, this team didn't have that aura to them.

2. Central is drastically less talented on the O-line. Henry Clay got pressure at will against Central.

3. Central's D-line was solid, but nowhere near last year. I credit this to losing Mister Cobble who is the most dominant D-lineman I have ever seen in KY high School Football besides Dennis Johnson. Central got penetration, but they didn't disrupt plays right off the snap like in year's past. As a result the lack of pressure at times resulted in henry Clay spreading the field and hitting wide open receivers.

4. Central still has a ton of team speed, especially at the skill spots. No other 3A team is remotely close at the skill spots. Central ahs the baility for the homerun on every play.

5. Tim Patterson is a man amongst boys. He is the best football player in the state and without him I would venture to say that Central's defense would be average at best right now.

I still think Central is a notch above everyone else in 3A in terms of talent, but unless they improve drastically (which their schedule usually seems to do) as a team they are vulnerable.
I agree that their defense looks nowhere near as good as it did last season. They may have only one D1 player on the defense this season. Considering that Cobble Tennyson and Wilson were apart of that defense that lead them to the past two 3A state championships I would venture to say that they will at no point this season will they be that dominate. Especially whn you consider that the guys replacing all 3 of them are seniors. One bright spot they may be able to look forward too is that in 3A football the last two years they are avg. 43 points a game and giveing up only 8 ppg. I would think that would leave some room for them to give up more yards and points this season and still be able to bring a trophy home from Bowling Green.
phdballer Wrote:I agree that their defense looks nowhere near as good as it did last season. They may have only one D1 player on the defense this season. Considering that Cobble Tennyson and Wilson were apart of that defense that lead them to the past two 3A state championships I would venture to say that they will at no point this season will they be that dominate. Especially whn you consider that the guys replacing all 3 of them are seniors. One bright spot they may be able to look forward too is that in 3A football the last two years they are avg. 43 points a game and giveing up only 8 ppg. I would think that would leave some room for them to give up more yards and points this season and still be able to bring a trophy home from Bowling Green.

Central could possibly be the first team to have a loosing record and win a state championship, i dont see them winning any games except the two district in regular season.
Central was 5-5 going into the 07 playoffs.