Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 34 - South Laurel 6
Good win for the cougars even though they started out slow in the first quarter. Offensive line has to get better for Logan Johnson who started out slow, but did some great things.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Big Congrats...Nice win and hope to hear some stats..First game that I have EVER missed Logan play since he strapped his pads on in his very first game due to being in Kingsport because of my twins being at Holsten Valley..Again, congrats Cougars!
Congrats LC
Started slow but good win for the Cougars. They showed a lot of depth at running back also tonight.
We started out so SLOW, then got it going as the game went on...Good way to start the season Cougars'.
They will be just fine it will just take time. You have a new quarterback who has high expectations to fulfill in that he is replacing Charlie Banks and that he is the first cousin of Tim Couch. He is only a Sophomore. You also have some new offensive lineman trying to learn a complicated system. You also have new skill players(Jesse Rose and Robbie Huff) who are adapting to a new team. I seen some good things out of the defense. Cory Stewart is going to be a force although he was ejected from the game tonight.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:They will be just fine it will just take time. You have a new quarterback who has high expectations to fulfill in that he is replacing Charlie Banks and that he is the first cousin of Tim Couch. He is only a Sophomore. You also have some new offensive lineman trying to learn a complicated system. You also have new skill players(Jesse Rose and Robbie Huff) who are adapting to a new team. I seen some good things out of the defense. Cory Stewart is going to be a force although he was ejected from the game tonight.

can't be a force if you are on the sidelines!!
sstack Wrote:can't be a force if you are on the sidelines!!

You are right. He is going to have to control his temper even when someone takes a swing at you. Just walk away. All it does is hurt your team when you get thrown out.
No surprises here. SL lost a lot from last seasons team and although Letcher lost a few themselves they have the better program and was expected to win this one.

Congrats Cougars!
As I said, Hillard wins again!
Congrats LCC
If LCC can start putting some sustained drives together and avoid so many negative plays (which I believe they will), they could be a hard cat to skin. I don't know if I've ever seen a team with more depth at the skill positions. South Laurel was outmanned and definitely did not have the offensive firepower they have in the past, but LCC's defensive unit seemed to look pretty solid most of the night. You'll be able to tell a lot more about this bunch when they play Middlesboro next week.
We should be better than this at SL. LCC program has done nothing more than ours. We may not win a game until Middlesboro.:HitWall:
congrats lcc
Nice Win
Congrats to LCC!
I thought I read somewhere where it said SL could score when they wanted too.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Logan can't be mobile if the line doesn't help him. Coach Whitaker said the line was the weak part of the team in the sports overtime special. They will have to work harder this week to get ready for Middlesboro.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

SL had 4 starters out on the oline, a starting receiver out as well as a running back out, this would slow any offense down just a bit in my opinion.
Coach Whitaker actually made a statement like that??????????That would be ludicrous......He actually said after the Breathitt scrimmage they graded higher than any other part of the team. Did not look weak when their big center was 40 yards down field smashing a linebacker on one of the teams scores....
He is still making a statement about the line, and a player also made the statement on the show also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

If I was on the line I would wait for that guy to get the ball and just step aside. You should not talk about teammates in any way but a positive one.
can anyone tell me when it is going to be on the school channel. The same programming has been on for three weeks. They are always so far behind. I really don't mean to complain, but for me that aren't taking it serious. The kids do a good job, but they really should have some things on there and keep it updated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

lean&mean Wrote:Coach Whitaker actually made a statement like that??????????That would be ludicrous......He actually said after the Breathitt scrimmage they graded higher than any other part of the team. Did not look weak when their big center was 40 yards down field smashing a linebacker on one of the teams scores....

Thats how he usually gets them to practice harder. At least thats how it was at Powell. He told us that we needed to work harder and told us that we needed to step up. And we usually did. We used it as a fuel for the next game. How did Jesse Rose do?
He done fine...............
He will get plenty of touches. Believe me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!