Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A Football Teams Read This
Here is a qoute from the Courier-Journal from Louisville Central HEAD football coach, Ty Scroggins to parents of incoming freshman..."If you want your son to come to CENTRAL, expect a state championship, go ahead and start saving money for a ring, and if we dont make it, you'll have a little extra money for christmas, but I expect us to be playing DEC 4TH (in the 3A state-finals)."

I know they are the favorites to win it again, just thought I would share 0with you what he had to say...what are some of your thoughts?
Scroggins is one of the best young football coaches in the State of Kentucky. He is breathing life and hope into kids who have been left to fend for themselves. I think you have to take what he says with a grain of salt, his approach has been to build something that is big and worth more then having kids spend their extracurricular time on the streets. When he says stuff like this he is trying to accomplish things well beyond the world of football.
why is he so "certain" that Central is gonna win state again?
cuppett777 Wrote:here is a qote from the LOUISVILLE COURIER JOURNAL.COM from LOUISVILLE CENTRAL HEAD FOOTBALL COACH (TY SCROGGINS) to parents of incoming freshman..."if you want your son to come to CENTRAL, expect a state championship,go ahead and start saving money for a ring,and if we dont make it,you'll have a little extra money for christmas,but i expect us to be playing DEC 4TH(in the 3a state final) i know they are the favors to win it again just thought i would share with you what he had to say...what are some of your thoughts...
They are less of of a favorite this season than last, Breathitt is much improved. Anyone can lose any given night, that is what makes sport so exciting.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

They won't have such an easy time.
Central returns more talent than Breathitt County, but the Bobcats, Belfry, and possibly some other teams could give them quite the run for thier money.
it will not be easy
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Scroggins is one of the best young football coaches in the State of Kentucky. He is breathing life and hope into kids who have been left to fend for themselves. I think you have to take what he says with a grain of salt, his approach has been to build something that is big and worth more then having kids spend their extracurricular time on the streets. When he says stuff like this he is trying to accomplish things well beyond the world of football.
Perfectly said.
Is any different when Marshall used to have, "We play for championships" everywhere. They are back to back state champions.. Nothing wrong with a positive attitude..
mrfootball03 Wrote:Is any different when Marshall used to have, "We play for championships" everywhere. They are back to back state champions.. Nothing wrong with a positive attitude..

i agree, just wonder how some would respond to it,always be postive, there is only two things that comes out are mouths, its postive or negative no in bewteen...
I absolutely love the confidence. Expect it and be confident about it. I'm not so sure that I put a target on my chest by make the kind of published comments, but it's OK to say you expect to win. Trust me, I'm sick of coaches appluding themselves about their District records. Who cares, win a title if you want to impress.
I think it's good for a coach to have confidence in his team like this, and if he inspires some kids to play and have pride in their program that otherwise wouldn't be playing, well, then more power to him.

Central should be the clear favorite this year in 3A. They've won title game the past 2 seasons by margins of 10 and 19 points, respectively. They return a lot of players from last year's title team including Patterson.

What makes anyone think that the eastern representative will come closer to them this year?
It's easier to have that kind of confidence when you've won back to back championships against Belfry and Breathitt County. These 2 teams have been in 5 out of the last 7 state championship games in their class, winning 3 of them. Consistently competing with 6a schools (7 on their regular season shedule this year) doesn't hurt either
Two words why Central is once again the favorite in 3A: SPEED KILLS. Any rep from the east will be hard pressed to beat Central for 4 quarters because they do not have the speed to match up. Yes, teams like Breathitt and Belfry have some speed at different positions, but it is nothing like what Central has. Belfry missed the best chance that an eastern team has had against Central, and IMO, Central will continue to dominate this class, and the eastern opposition, unless they get knocked out before the championship game.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Central returns more talent than Breathitt County, but the Bobcats, Belfry, and possibly some other teams could give them quite the run for thier money.

I have to disagree with you on that.We have Haddix;Fugate;Ritchie;Epperson;Fletcher;Prichard;alot of talented linemen I won't name because I don't want to forget anyone.We lost very few players from last year.
bucslover68 Wrote:Two words why Central is once again the favorite in 3A: SPEED KILLS. Any rep from the east will be hard pressed to beat Central for 4 quarters because they do not have the speed to match up. Yes, teams like Breathitt and Belfry have some speed at different positions, but it is nothing like what Central has. Belfry missed the best chance that an eastern team has had against Central, and IMO, Central will continue to dominate this class, and the eastern opposition, unless they get knocked out before the championship game.

They have the one receiver and who else that is so fast?
Borderline recruitment in that statement.......But hey how can you not be proud of them in the past, time, tested and proven champs! Hope they have a wonderful season. Time for all areas to step up the game a notch!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
They are the clear cut favorite IMO. I don't have a problem with what he said.
He has the right to talk anything he wants. He has earned it on the field. IMO his team will be the favorite come December.
Central has alot of the swagger that teams like Highlands, St. X and Trinity have. They compete for state titles year in and year out and they expect to win them too. Thats a mentality that all football programs should have...
Just wait til the bobcats come to townnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seneca's parents must be online with Balfour as we speak...
*Double Post*
Bobcat Player Wrote:Just wait til the bobcats come to townnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything can happen come playoffs. Belfry thought they were sure bets to go to Louisville last year, and well, you see what happened. Today 10:20 AM
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:They have the one receiver and who else that is so fast?
If you can't figure out who is fast for Central then I certainly am not gonna figure it out for ya.