Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Making Late Push for #1 Pick!
It appears that the Cincinnati Reds, left for dead since around the first of July, now appear to have something left to play for after all!

What are they playing for, you say? Is it a division title? No, silly. Is it a wild-card berth? Fat chance. Is it just to finish above .500? Not happening.

So what is the prize? Yes, it is that elusive #1 draft pick for next year. It seems that the Reds, having been practically eliminated from the playoff chase, are now going for the one goal still attainable: worst record in all of baseball. :biggrin:

As of right now, the Reds hold the #5 pick, but they are charging hard toward the #4 Pirates, who are only a game back (ahead?) of the boys from Cincy. And they still have a decent shot at moving up to either #3 or #2. The 2010 top pick overall is still firmly in the grasp of the Washington Nationals (which would make two years in a row), but stranger things have happened.

Here are the current standings in the race to be the worst (with games behind/ahead noted):

#5 Cincinnati 50-69
#4 Pittsburgh 49-70 (1 game back)
#3 Baltimore 48-72 (2 1/2)
#2 Kansas City 47-73 (3 1/2)
#1 Washington 43-77 (7 1/2)

All you Reds fans on here, let's root on those Reds in their quest for #1! Go team!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This team has been hit by so many injuries that it probably would make all fans to think about how the team will look next year. I do think that eventhough the Reds have sunken any chance of having a respectable season, they really do have a nice team shaping up for next year. Some players should already have the spot. Hanigan-Catcher, Votto-First, Rolen-Thrid, Phillips-SS or second, Bruce, Gomes, Stubbs-outfield. It seems that ss or 2nd would be the ?. I cant remember the 2nd baseman that Reds have in the farm system. I think that sounds pretty good offensively and defensively.
I guess that's the positive out of this season - High Draft Pick!
We get that every season Stardust. Big Grin
I love my teams and I would never be a bandwagon fan but man why does my Cincy teams suck... Reds SHOULDhave more offense next year and if they can stay healthy they can compete
well the reds are good either 1st half of the year or last half....they are NOT consistent, but I guess injuries is a big part of that seems to happen every year...
Stardust Wrote:I guess that's the positive out of this season - High Draft Pick!

Jshort5 Wrote:We get that every season Stardust. Big Grin

Yes, but this may end up being the highest draft pick we've had in a long time. I can easily see us having as high as the #2 pick.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]