Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greg Paulus named starting QB at Syracuse
How good must this guy be to be away from football for about 4 years and go to a D-1 program and take over the starting job. NFL shot in the future?
No shot at the NFL, but it is a wonderful story for the young man. I have never been fond of him (Duke), but I wish nothing but the best for him in his only season as a college quarterback for the Orange.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:No shot at the NFL, but it is a wonderful story for the young man. I have never been fond of him (Duke), but I wish nothing but the best for him in his only season as a college quarterback for the Orange.

Antonio Gates never played college ball and is an all-star, you don't think Paulus will even get a shot?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Antonio Gates never played college ball and is an all-star, you don't think Paulus will even get a shot?

He will have to be special this year at 'Cuse. Fact of the matter is TE and QB are worlds of difference at the NFL level. Had Paulus accepted a football scholarship out of high school (he was highly rated) he would have had four years to prepare his mechanics better for the NFL, he will be entering with a distinct disadvantage now.

I hope he has a great season, but I am not sure if him being named the started says more about his QB abilities or more aout Syracuse's struggles.
he's abetter footbal player than basketball but he doesn't have the size
this truly is amazing, he finally went to a real school lol, i hope nothing but the best for this X dookie
Wow, this is surprising. I thought this was going to be a novelty, just to draw interest to the "Cuse", but maybe he really has found the magic....
He had a lot of interest from some big teams coming out of HS, think Mich., ND, Miami and some others. He was obviously really good, but just wondering how good he is now after all this time.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:No shot at the NFL, but it is a wonderful story for the young man. I have never been fond of him (Duke), but I wish nothing but the best for him in his only season as a college quarterback for the Orange.

Now how on earth do you know that he has no shot at the NFL??? I just gotta no how you know this. I mean he may come out and be the best qb in the college game this year and dominate college football...You just don't know that there's no shot at the NFL, but if you can explain to us how you know this I would love to hear your explanation.
RF81 Wrote:He had a lot of interest from some big teams coming out of HS, think Mich., ND, Miami and some others. He was obviously really good, but just wondering how good he is now after all this time.

He was the Gatorade National Player of the Year, he had a lot more attention than that.
zulu Wrote:Now how on earth do you know that he has no shot at the NFL??? I just gotta no how you know this. I mean he may come out and be the best qb in the college game this year and dominate college football...You just don't know that there's no shot at the NFL, but if you can explain to us how you know this I would love to hear your explanation.

Well, where do I start?

First of all, I agree with everything EKU posted about the matter. Second of all, how do you think Paulus is going to be able to take a four-year break from football and have a chance to play in the NFL?

Here are three facts as to why he got the starting job:
1. Syracuse is at the bottom of the Big East.
2. Syracuse desperately needs a quarterback.
3. Paulus played high school football in Syracuse.

I said that I wished Paulus all the luck in the world, but we have to be realistic about this. Paulus may even have a decent year, but I highly doubt he will get NFL looks. Reason being, Syracuse is just flat out awful. Paulus is also undersized, like someone else said.

Did I say I "know" that Paulus won't get any NFL looks? I'm pretty sure I said that I doubt he will. Who knows what could happen? I'm still sticking by my opinion.

One more note -- My opinion, like yours and everyone else's, means nothing.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He was the Gatorade National Player of the Year, he had a lot more attention than that.

I really didn't know that part, I knew he was being looked at by some very big schools, so he had potential to do something big.
If he played football instead of basketball then he would be a star right now.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:If he played football instead of basketball then he would be a star right now.

no way
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:If he played football instead of basketball then he would be a star right now.

you dont know this, there is plenty of great high school players that never account for anything beyond high school.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well, where do I start?

First of all, I agree with everything EKU posted about the matter. Second of all, how do you think Paulus is going to be able to take a four-year break from football and have a chance to play in the NFL?

Here are three facts as to why he got the starting job:
1. Syracuse is at the bottom of the Big East.
2. Syracuse desperately needs a quarterback.
3. Paulus played high school football in Syracuse.

I said that I wished Paulus all the luck in the world, but we have to be realistic about this. Paulus may even have a decent year, but I highly doubt he will get NFL looks. Reason being, Syracuse is just flat out awful. Paulus is also undersized, like someone else said.

Did I say I "know" that Paulus won't get any NFL looks? I'm pretty sure I said that I doubt he will. Who knows what could happen? I'm still sticking by my opinion.

One more note -- My opinion, like yours and everyone else's, means nothing.

:Thumbs: