4. Channing Fugate - Breathitt Co.
5. Tyrrell Willis - Calloway Co.
6. Dominique Hayden - Lexington Christian
7. Jeremiah Neal - St. Xavier
8. Charles Quainoo - Boone Co.
9. Troy Turner - Fort Campbell
10. Victor Thomas - Trinity (Lou.)

Thoughts?
HHS fans will disagree, but how can AC be #2 and never have taken a snap there?

IMO

1a. Simpson
1b. Fugate
3. Quanoo
4. Neal
5. Weaver
6. Collinsworth
7. Willis
8. Hayden
9. Turner
10. Thomas
I agree SD, that's the point I was about to make.

I also think Fugate is too low and simply has more to offer than Weaver or Collinsworth. My top five would look like this:

1. Miles Simpson
2. Channing Fugate
3. Tyrrell Willis
4. Quan Weaver
5. Austin Collinsworth
Stardust Wrote:HHS fans will disagree, but how can AC be #2 and never have taken a snap there?

IMO

1a. Simpson
1b. Fugate
3. Quanoo
4. Neal
5. Weaver
6. Collinsworth
7. Willis
8. Hayden
9. Turner
10. Thomas

Its showtime this season baby !!! I have heard that Dale is going to utilize AC to the best of his abilities and get promote him as Mr. Football this season at the RB position. Im telling ya, this kid can burn and if Dale allows him to stay in the games he will average 200 yrds a game easy and probably score over 30 touchdowns. I honestly think AC wants to play the RB position in college whether it be at a VAnderbilt, UC, UK or wherever but that is what I am hearing. He has bulked up as well and is looking very thick in the upper body and neck. Im sure they know what theya re doing with him. lol
qryche11 Wrote:Its showtime this season baby !!! I have heard that Dale is going to utilize AC to the best of his abilities and get promote him as Mr. Football this season at the RB position. Im telling ya, this kid can burn and if Dale allows him to stay in the games he will average 200 yrds a game easy and probably score over 30 touchdowns. I honestly think AC wants to play the RB position in college whether it be at a VAnderbilt, UC, UK or wherever but that is what I am hearing. He has bulked up as well and is looking very thick in the upper body and neck. Im sure they know what theya re doing with him. lol

Couple of the cupcake games they will have to throw out, but if AC puts up those types of numbers against the top teams in this years schedule, he may well be vying for that award.
Stardust Wrote:HHS fans will disagree, but how can AC be #2 and never have taken a snap there?

IMO

1a. Simpson
1b. Fugate
3. Quanoo
4. Neal
5. Weaver
6. Collinsworth
7. Willis
8. Hayden
9. Turner
10. Thomas

That's a great point.
qryche11 Wrote:Its showtime this season baby !!! I have heard that Dale is going to utilize AC to the best of his abilities and get promote him as Mr. Football this season at the RB position. Im telling ya, this kid can burn and if Dale allows him to stay in the games he will average 200 yrds a game easy and probably score over 30 touchdowns. I honestly think AC wants to play the RB position in college whether it be at a VAnderbilt, UC, UK or wherever but that is what I am hearing. He has bulked up as well and is looking very thick in the upper body and neck. Im sure they know what theya re doing with him. lol

I expect AC to put on a show this year out of the backfield. He reminds me a lot of Justin Frisk who played at Highlands in the mid-late 90's but was an absolute stud for the Birds. Scary thing is, I think AC might be more talented, faster, and more athletic than Frisk was.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I expect AC to put on a show this year out of the backfield. He reminds me a lot of Justin Frisk who played at Highlands in the mid-late 90's but was an absolute stud for the Birds. Scary thing is, I think AC might be more talented, faster, and more athletic than Frisk was.

Justin was more like Conner. I have yet to see Austin this year, but it sounds like he has added soem possitive size to him.

To our Bird contingent, would you consider AC's size on par with Miles? Bigger/Smaller?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree SD, that's the point I was about to make.

I also think Fugate is too low and simply has more to offer than Weaver or Collinsworth. My top five would look like this:

1. Miles Simpson
2. Channing Fugate
3. Tyrrell Willis
4. Quan Weaver
5. Austin Collinsworth

What more do you want Collinsworth to offer? He was a stud on Def., Destroyed teams on special teams, an excellent rec., and I believe he will prove to be an excellent RB this year. I guess we could ask him to sell programs before the game and sell popcorn at half time.
Stardust Wrote:Justin was more like Conner. I have yet to see Austin this year, but it sounds like he has added soem possitive size to him.

To our Bird contingent, would you consider AC's size on par with Miles? Bigger/Smaller?

I'd say AC and Miles are probably the same size with Miles MAYBE being a little "thicker."
sstack Wrote:What more do you want Collinsworth to offer? He was a stud on Def., Destroyed teams on special teams, an excellent rec., and I believe he will prove to be an excellent RB this year. I guess we could ask him to sell programs before the game and sell popcorn at half time.

I think you are missing the point. No one is knocking AC, it's just a little hard to put him at the top of the heap in a postion that he has yet to play in four years of HS. No one is doubting his ability or his potential, but to make him a preseason top is unjustified!

You even said it, "you believe", because it's all conjecture until he gets it done. I believe he does, just because Dale can make anybody in that system look good, but let's give him a snap or two first......
Stardust Wrote:I think you are missing the point. No one is knocking AC, it's just a little hard to put him at the top of the heap in a postion that he has yet to play in four years of HS. No one is doubting his ability or his potential, but to make him a preseason top is unjustified!

You even said it, "you believe", because it's all conjecture until he gets it done. I believe he does, just because Dale can make anybody in that system look good, but let's give him a snap or two first......

I dont think the Mr. Football award should be based on one year at one position. You make good points about him not being proven at RB but that is simply because he has already proven himself at other spots and is now trying something new.

He has led them to 2 straight state championships, has been named All State since soph year and will cap his career off with a spectacular season at RB with a 3rd straight ring. I would say that should garner him Mr. Football.
qryche11 Wrote:I dont think the Mr. Football award should be based on one year at one position. You make good points about him not being proven at RB but that is simply because he has already proven himself at other spots and is now trying something new.

He has led them to 2 straight state championships, has been named All State since soph year and will cap his career off with a spectacular season at RB with a 3rd straight ring. I would say that should garner him Mr. Football.

I agree. Collinsworth has earned All State honors his Soph. year at DB, his Jr. year at WR and in all probability at RB his Senior year. Has there been anyother player that has received All State honors three years in a row at three different positions? If that isn't Mr. Kentucky Football, I don't know what is.
I'll put Thoms Varney of Belfry in the
top ten
Stardust Wrote:I think you are missing the point. No one is knocking AC, it's just a little hard to put him at the top of the heap in a postion that he has yet to play in four years of HS. No one is doubting his ability or his potential, but to make him a preseason top is unjustified!

I am not missing the point! I agree that he can not be rated the top RB yet; lets see what he does in the first couple games. But, to say he does not offer enough or as much as some of the other guys mentioned is silly, he has proven to be a big time player and play maker no matter were he is playing on the field. I am just glad we get to see some football played tonight!
There's no doubt that in at least all of the NKy games AC will be a dominant running back. He is at another level when it comes to speed and quickness in this area and his vision/cutbacks are something special that other guys in NKy just don't have. I'm not saying he should necessary be ranked where he is on this list, but I'm not going to argue with putting him that high either.
nkysportsblog Wrote:There's no doubt that in at least all of the NKy games AC will be a dominant running back. He is at another level when it comes to speed and quickness in this area and his vision/cutbacks are something special that other guys in NKy just don't have. I'm not saying he should necessary be ranked where he is on this list, but I'm not going to argue with putting him that high either.

I have seen his times listed from track this year and I would not say he is at another level when it comes to speed. In fact I was surprised at the times he ran in the 100 meters, I would call his speed average. I think he has great football reactions and gets everything out of the speed he has though. You are right about his vision and cutbacks being special.
qryche11 Wrote:I dont think the Mr. Football award should be based on one year at one position. You make good points about him not being proven at RB but that is simply because he has already proven himself at other spots and is now trying something new.

tradition Wrote:I agree. Collinsworth has earned All State honors his Soph. year at DB, his Jr. year at WR and in all probability at RB his Senior year. Has there been anyother player that has received All State honors three years in a row at three different positions? If that isn't Mr. Kentucky Football, I don't know what is.

This isn't a thread about Mr. Football:biggrin: It's about being ranked at the top with the rest of the Running Backs.

FYI, Austin has indeed played RB in one of his four years of High School football. He was the featured running back his frosh year (they were the frosh N. Ky. champs) and he was every bit the equal of Simpson as a frosh running back. They went head to head that year.