Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ivan retirement?
Is it time for Ivan to retire and bring in some new and fresh blood?
So you wanna do what Jerry Jones did to Tom Landry? Wont get my vote....lol
He can stay as long as he wants in my opinion
KYstraydog Wrote:So you wanna do what Jerry Jones did to Tom Landry? Wont get my vote....lol

Just asking the question for some thoughts. I didnt say I wanted him to, or that he should, just some thoughts.
Who is Ivan?
Stardust Wrote:Who is Ivan?

Sorry Stardust, Ivan McGlone, has coached at Russell High for about 32 years. I was just looking for some thoughts about someone being at one place for so long. Hes retired from teaching and is about 65+ years old.
mightydog Wrote:Sorry Stardust, Ivan McGlone, has coached at Russell High for about 32 years. I was just looking for some thoughts about someone being at one place for so long. Hes retired from teaching and is about 65+ years old.

TY MD. 32 years is incredible. At 65, I can understand why he would want to not go through the 20 hour days again, but if he does.......

Is his game still fresh? I mean, if he can still relate to the young men, and his style of football matches today's game, then I don't see the need to step away.
I dont have the answer to your question but a few facts. Hes one of the winningest coaches in Ky, won a state championship in class 3 1978, won state in class 2 2005, runner up 2006. Has ran the wing-t with very little passing his whole career.
I think he's still doing a great job. He's won 2 state titles with completely different generations of players. He doesn't change a lot, but it doesn't look like he needs to because Russell is consistently among the top teams in whatever class they have been in over the years. I vote that he can stay as long as he wants.
Are you kidding me!!!!!!???????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
hes like coach haywood,hes there until he wants to leave
Coach McGlone has a winning record against all the area teams and overall he's 300 win Coach with 2 state championships. I'd say if Russell is smart they let him coach as long as he wants.
ivan is russell football.
Ivan will be at russell as long as he wants to be there!!!!!
devilhorns05 Wrote:He can stay as long as he wants in my opinion

Agree