Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boy's Tournament at Dorton
The Dorton boys will be having a tournament on November 16th-19th. I am looking to have anywhere from 8-12 teams depending on interest, with each team being guaranteed at least 2 games. If interested contact Randy Davis at 639-2086 (home) or 794-6296 (cell) or email at [email]randy.davis@pike.kyschools.us[/email]
As of today, I have Dorton, Betsy Layne, Hazard, and Elkhorn City. Hopefully I can get some more quality teams and make this a really competitive tournament.
I have changed the dates of the tournament to November 16th (1st round), November 23rd (semifinals), and November 24th (finals). It will be single elimination. As of today I have Dorton, Hazard, Whitesburg, Paintsville, Elkhorn, and hopefully Betsy Layne (they committed before the date change so hopefully they'll still play). Looking for 2, possibly 3, more teams. 1st place team trophy, All Sportsmanship trophies (1 from each team), and All Tournament trophies (10 total) will be given.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I have changed the dates of the tournament to November 16th (1st round), November 23rd (semifinals), and November 24th (finals). It will be single elimination. As of today I have Dorton, Hazard, Whitesburg, Paintsville, Elkhorn, and hopefully Betsy Layne (they committed before the date change so hopefully they'll still play). Looking for 2, possibly 3, more teams. 1st place team trophy, All Sportsmanship trophies (1 from each team), and All Tournament trophies (10 total) will be given.

Update: As of today I have us (Dorton), Hazard, Whitesburg, Martha Jane Potter, Paintsville, Elkhorn, and Feds Creek.
Coach, betsy layne is in.
I now have 10 teams:

Dorton
Feds Creek
Elkhorn
Johns Creek
Martha Jane Potter
Whitesburg
Cowan
Hazard
Betsy Layne
Paintsville

Would like to get 12 teams.
coach, sounds like it is going to be a good tournament
It's shaping up that way. Hopefully I can get 2 more teams. Should be some really competitive games.
As of today I have 11 teams (looking for 1 more): Dorton, Hazard, Betsy Layne, Cowan, Whitesburg, Martha Jane Potter, Feds Creek, Johns Creek, Elkhorn, Paintsville, and Magoffin.

The matchups so far are:

Dorton/Paintsville--winner plays Cowan

Magoffin/Elkhorn--winner plays Betsy Layne

Martha Jane Potter/Johns Creek--winner plays Hazard

Feds Creek/Whitesburg--winner plays the 12th team
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:As of today I have 11 teams (looking for 1 more): Dorton, Hazard, Betsy Layne, Cowan, Whitesburg, Martha Jane Potter, Feds Creek, Johns Creek, Elkhorn, Paintsville, and Magoffin.

The matchups so far are:

Dorton/Paintsville--winner plays Cowan

Magoffin/Elkhorn--winner plays Betsy Layne

Martha Jane Potter/Johns Creek--winner plays Hazard

Feds Creek/Whitesburg--winner plays the 12th team

I added Belfry as the 12th team. I will probably put Belfry against Whitesburg in the first round so 2 Pike County teams aren't playing in the 1st round.

I can take up to 16 teams, so I can add 4 more if anyone else is interested. The tournament matchups are still subject to change based on game time requests for travel purposes and if I get any more teams.

Will be giving away 12 All-Tournament team trophies, 12 All-Sportsmanship Team trophies, and team Winner and Runner-Up trophies.

I am probably going to extend the tournament to 4 days also as long as all teams agree. Nov 16th (1st Round), Nov 23rd (Quarterfinals), Nov 24th (Semifinals), and Nov 25th (Finals). If teams cannot play on the 25th, the semifinals and finals will have to be played in the same night.
Added Cumberland today.
tell us the match ups now
Sounds like we need to schedule this at the KY EXPO.
The tournament matchups will be finalized on Wednesday, September 30th and emailed to the coaches. I have 13 teams as of now--trying to get A.B. Combs in as the 14th team.

On November 16th we will play all 1st round games (either 5 or 6 games depending on whether I have 13 or 14 teams). 1st round games will be played at Dorton and Shelby Valley. The 2nd round (round of 8) will be played on Nov 23rd at Dorton. The semifinals will be on Nov 24th at Dorton, with the consolation and finals on Nov 25th at Dorton.

There will be a winner and runner-up team trophy, All Sportsmanship team(1 player from each team), and 15 All Tournament trophies. We will be selling hotdog and hamburger/dinners as well on 2 of the nights.

Looking forward to a competitive tournament with lots of talented players.
What grade level is this tourney? Sounds great
Should be some good games to watch and talent!
kysports Wrote:What grade level is this tourney? Sounds great

8th grade

I talked to AB Combs coach at the girls' tournament at the Sportsplex today and he said they already had games during our tournament.

I did add Jenkins today though. That makes 14 teams.
so list all the teams in it NOW
I am looking for 1 more team because Betsy Layne dropped out today. If anyone is interested, let me know.