Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Woods misses cut at British Open
Wow, just goes to show that no one can perfect the game of golf and even the all-time greats are going to be off their game sometimes.

TURNBERRY, Scotland -- According to the Rolex clock located on the huge Pittsburgh Steelers-yellow scoreboard just to the side of the 18th green, Tiger Woods' 2009 Open Championship ended at exactly 7:15 p.m. local time Friday. That's when his birdie chip from just beyond the back of the green decided it had better things to do than roll into the cup.

Instead, it came to a stop 3 feet short of the pin and, just like that, Woods' Open was history. Or, if Chicago White Sox announcer Hawk Harrelson were doing the Turnberry play-by-play, "He gone."

Oh, sure, it wasn't official official. If enough players still on the course shot John Daly's weight, or fell into the Firth of Clyde, or were kidnapped by aliens, then, yeah, Woods could sneak under the cut line. But they didn't, and he didn't. His rounds of 71 on Thursday and 74 on Friday -- putting him at 5 over par for the tournament -- got him exactly what he deserved: a jet ride back to the States.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/s...rtCat=golf
Tiger wasn't himself this Open. Like outdoorsman43 said you can't be perfect every time you go out and compete.
I think this is just the 5th time, Tiger has miss the cut. What about the 59 year old Waston, tied for the lead. I would like to see him win it.
^I'd really like for 59 year old to win this entire thing. I was for Tiger. But, since he's out. I'm for Waston.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
No Tiger, give me Tom Watson