Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Bruce
Jay Bruce fractured his wrist tonight while trying to make a sliding catch in the 2nd inning versus the Mets today....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090...st+in+loss

The Reds were hoping for a healthy second half of the season.

That idea blew up in the time it took Jay Bruce to slide to a stop, trying to make a catch of a fly ball in the first inning of Saturday’s 4-0 defeat by the New York Mets.

Bruce fractured his right (non-throwing) wrist. He was scheduled to be flown back to Cincinnati Sunday morning for further evaluation by team medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek.

“I’m going to get an MRI to make sure everything is structurally fine,” Bruce said. “Other than that, I’m taking it day by day.”

The injury overshadowed the loss.

“That’s tough news,” Reds manager Dusty Baker said. “It seems like we get one guy back , and we lose another. We’re being tested.”

The injury happened when Bruce tried to make a diving catch of David Wright’s blooper. Bruce’s momentum carried him toward the infield, and his gloved hand was bent back.

“I obviously didn’t know it was broken,” he said. “But I knew it wasn’t good. One positive was when I got up it wasn’t really, really swollen.”
This is a big hurt for the Reds.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Sure doesn't look good! Just hope this doesn't hurt the promising career of Bruce the way it hurt Griffey Jr. in his prime!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Sure doesn't look good! Just hope this doesn't hurt the promising career of Bruce the way it hurt Griffey Jr. in his prime!

I didn't think about it like this PB5. You make a good point when your talking about it hurting him in the long term.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
This really sucks for Bruce, because no matter how bad he was struggling, I still think that the more at-bats he got the better he would be. Now that won't happen this year.

I expect they will not try to rush him back and will let him take his time and heal properly.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]