Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone collect or have a collections of something?? If so what do you collect??
Wht kind of collections do you have??
cd's.
I am near 6,000 I think.
Cards (baseball, football, basketball.. I collect all old sports memorbillia. I collect all Red Sox cards from 20's to 1969. I have a collection of Koufax cards and I collect the signature series gloves and bats dating back to the late 1940's. I could go on and on, lol..
Sports Cards (Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey), approximately 18,000. Including Bird, Magic, Jordan, Gretzky and most all Baseball Rookie cards from the Mid 70's through the early 90's.

In 1982, my goal was to acquire every set of Topps Basketball cards made. The 1969-70 set my my last to acquire. I spent the summer cutting grass and doing odd jobs to raise $132 to by that set. That set includes Lew Alcindor (Kareem) rookie card, valued alone for $1,500.

I have 16 Michael Jordan Fleer Rookie Cards in a Bank Deposit Box, with a value of approximately $1,600-$1,800 apiece.

I also have a wide collection of other sports memorabilia that will get past on to the kids some day or turned into the Retirement fund.
Political pins, mainly Kentucky and Presidential..
I have a huge collection of comics from the late 40's - late 90's. I Collect basketball cards from around 84-present. I have a huge collection of pocket knives that have been passed down to me as well.
My brother in law has EVERY pair of MJ shoes made!
I used to have some pokemon cards when i was little..until i left them out in my clubhouse and they got rained on Sad..lol
Stardust Wrote:Sports Cards (Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey), approximately 18,000. Including Bird, Magic, Jordan, Gretzky and most all Baseball Rookie cards from the Mid 70's through the early 90's.

In 1982, my goal was to acquire every set of Topps Basketball cards made. The 1969-70 set my my last to acquire. I spent the summer cutting grass and doing odd jobs to raise $132 to by that set. That set includes Lew Alcindor (Kareem) rookie card, valued alone for $1,500.

I have 16 Michael Jordan Fleer Rookie Cards in a Bank Deposit Box, with a value of approximately $1,600-$1,800 apiece.

I also have a wide collection of other sports memorabilia that will get past on to the kids some day or turned into the Retirement fund.
Looking to adopt??? :eyeroll:
I used to collect sports card, mostly basketball and baseball, in the 90s. I like vinyl records. I got into coin collecting with my grandpa so I have some of those. Right now I basically collect books, just to read, I don't care about first editions or signed copies or anything.
I like to collect the Now CD's.
Very 90's of me but I have every one of them.
Bought the new one yesterday actually.
Lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
I used to collect baseball, basketball, and football cards along with the Starting Lineup figurines. Unfortunately, my house got flooded and I lost all of it. I had complete sets that ranged from back in the 70's all the way through the 90's including Michael Jordan rookie cards and starting lineups. It hurt my soul when I lost them. I bet I had over $50,000 worth of memorabilia.
BCF4L Wrote:I used to collect baseball, basketball, and football cards along with the Starting Lineup figurines. Unfortunately, my house got flooded and I lost all of it. I had complete sets that ranged from back in the 70's all the way through the 90's including Michael Jordan rookie cards and starting lineups. It hurt my soul when I lost them. I bet I had over $50,000 worth of memorabilia.

WOW, I just can't imagine BCF4L. I had to take the most valuable and secure them away. Everything else I put into protective coverings. I have a tremendous expense in just securing and protecting the cards in hopes of not losing them. I can't imagine what you felt.
OK....my collection is kinda gay compared to everyone else's, but I am PROUD to say that I collect Boyds Bears. I have hundreds of them. Go ahead laugh, it's ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stardust Wrote:WOW, I just can't imagine BCF4L. I had to take the most valuable and secure them away. Everything else I put into protective coverings. I have a tremendous expense in just securing and protecting the cards in hopes of not losing them. I can't imagine what you felt.
Well, the thing is, I had never been flooded before. The creek is across the road from me and sits about 50 ft. below road level. What got us this time was where the creeks had backed up, our branch line ran into our yard and backed up through our septic system. So basically, we had s*** overflowing in our house. Water was pouring into our house through the toilets. I classify that as worse than flood water. But yeah, it was heartbreaking knowing I had lost so much stuff. I had debated on selling it before this had happened and now I really wish I had.
badbunton Wrote:OK....my collection is kinda gay compared to everyone else's, but I am PROUD to say that I collect Boyds Bears. I have hundreds of them. Go ahead laugh, it's ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know how I know you're gay? You have a collection of Boyds Bears.

haha. Just kiddin man. We have all collected something that isn't very manly. I tried collecting Beanie Babies for a while when I seen how much they were going for.
When I was little I collected Polly Pockets, Barbies, and those little horses that came in a 4 pack. I still have all of my collections. Now I'm starting to collect shot glasses from everywhere I go
I've got too much stuff---Baseball and football cards from 72 to 95. Every Raiders football player from during that time. (use to love the Raiders) Nascar diecast and related items. Programs, cereal boxes, promotional items. (over 1000 pieces total) Political buttons and bumper stickers form William McKinnley to Regan. Comic books form the 60's and quite a few form the 90's, lunch boxes, tonka trucks, and piles of antique fruniture and old shipping crates
I quit collecting when I figured out I was spending more time finding places to store the stuff, than actually looking at the collection. If I only had the money I have spent over the years piling this stuff up......
I have a collection of Tops Baseball Cards.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Guns.
I collect mostly Case muskrat knives and have a nice collection of guns.... I have about 1000 pokemon cards i collected when i was young, about 3 of them are worth 500 piece
Me and Playboy collected cards for the better part of our lives...now I just collect scalps Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hawg laig Wrote:I've got too much stuff---Baseball and football cards from 72 to 95. Every Raiders football player from during that time. (use to love the Raiders) Nascar diecast and related items. Programs, cereal boxes, promotional items. (over 1000 pieces total) Political buttons and bumper stickers form William McKinnley to Regan. Comic books form the 60's and quite a few form the 90's, lunch boxes, tonka trucks, and piles of antique fruniture and old shipping crates
I quit collecting when I figured out I was spending more time finding places to store the stuff, than actually looking at the collection. If I only had the money I have spent over the years piling this stuff up......

Trust me, I understand this quote!!! :Thumbs:
It probably doesn't count, but I collect chrome on my bike. :Clap:
Sports Illustrated magazines from 1974. Tim Couch rookie cards. Baseball, basketball, and football cards.
Baseball Cards (about 30,000 as of now) and pocket knives.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I forgot to mention that I collect Hard Rock Cafe t-shirts from every place I go as well. So far I have around 15 or so.