Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vet's Patriotic Stickers Under Fire!
These sort of things really bother me, to me this is just a slap in the face of all the Veterans that have served this country.

"The 58-year-old former Marine now finds himself under attack by his Dallas homeowners association for displaying seven decals on his vehicle supporting the Marine Corps.
"To me, it's being patriotic, and it shows that I served," the veteran told FOX 4.
The board says the decals are advertisements that violate HOA rules, and must be covered or removed."

"Otherwise, the homeowners association for The Woodlands II on The Creek --- where Larimore has lived for eight years --- says in a letter it will tow the car at Larimore's expense. The board also threatens to fine him $50 for any future incident.
Larimore says the decals, ranging from the Marine emblem to Semper Fi slogans, aren't advertisements for anything. "You can't buy freedom," he reasoned."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/nat...28_2518563
This is straight up BS.
This is the kind of things that make you want to take a trip to Texas just to find who is responsible for this.
I'm sure there is some kind of ordinance in that neighborhood that he should have known about.

Perhaps if he would have done his research, he would have known beforehand that he was moving into a neighborhood that had stupid rules and regulations.

I'm sure there are 2 sides to this story.

Today's lesson boys and girls: Be an informed citizen and consumer when buying a house. Just because he didn't read the rules doesn't make him right.

However, if this is a new ordinance, that was enacted after he was already displaying his car stickers. He has a good legal case and should fight it in court.
True that he should have looked into this before moving into the neighborhood, but who would make such stipulations? I can understand political and advertising for businesses, but to say that homeowners can't support their armed forces....Now that is just too much for me. Can you even put up an American Flag? Or is that advertising for the country we live in?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DevilsWin Wrote:I'm sure there is some kind of ordinance in that neighborhood that he should have known about.

Perhaps if he would have done his research, he would have known beforehand that he was moving into a neighborhood that had stupid rules and regulations.

I'm sure there are 2 sides to this story.

Today's lesson boys and girls: Be an informed citizen and consumer when buying a house. Just because he didn't read the rules doesn't make him right.

However, if this is a new ordinance, that was enacted after he was already displaying his car stickers. He has a good legal case and should fight it in court.

According to the article:
"The board says the decals are advertisements that violate HOA rules, and must be covered or removed."
"Larimore says the decals, ranging from the Marine emblem to Semper Fi slogans, aren't advertisements for anything. "You can't buy freedom," he reasoned."
"The letter from the board states you can't have any form of advertisement anywhere on your car on your property. FOX 4 cameras spotted bumper stickers for political parties, health causes, and other non-commercial interests on the property as well."
The video shows other cars having stickers such as "Obama 08" and "fighting cancer" so shouldn't the owners of those cars also be included with Mr. Larimore.
I don't think my statement leaves any doubt as to where I stand on this issue.
15th region slam dunk Wrote:This is straight up BS.

I agree, when you cant support your own military, its a sad day in America!! As sad as it is there are people that have zero amount of respect for the people in our military, I think it is a slap in the face of all veterans, not to mention the ones that have died for our country, and our freedoms!!!!!!!!!
That's America for you these days...pathetic.
I wouldn't want to live in a neighborhood like that. Who would?
DevilsWin Wrote:I wouldn't want to live in a neighborhood like that. Who would?

I agree, D.W!!!!!!!!
That's what bothers me the most, there are more and more of these neighborhoods popping up all the time.