Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Win 15th Region
I would predict Johnson Central or Lawrence County - depending on who has who pitching in the finals. I think the sleeper could very well be Pikeville if they can put it together. If Shepherd does not throw vs. the Panthers, then I believe they have a shot.

Also, I won't count out AC of pulling a huge upset over LC; however my odds against that are about low. Percentage wise, I'd say 90% shot LC wins.

P-Burg is no slouch. They could very well upset JC or get beat by 15 runs.

Prediction: Champion - Lawrence County (because I believe they will not throw Shepherd until the championship, and that they will somehow manage to get by)
WheelsNdaSky Wrote:I would predict Johnson Central or Lawrence County - depending on who has who pitching in the finals. I think the sleeper could very well be Pikeville if they can put it together. If Shepherd does not throw vs. the Panthers, then I believe they have a shot.

Also, I won't count out AC of pulling a huge upset over LC; however my odds against that are about low. Percentage wise, I'd say 90% shot LC wins.

P-Burg is no slouch. They could very well upset JC or get beat by 15 runs.

Prediction: Champion - Lawrence County (because I believe they will not throw Shepherd until the championship, and that they will somehow manage to get by)

I don't think they can beat Pikeville if they don't throw Sheppard. That is just my opinion.
OutsideLogic Wrote:I don't think they can beat Pikeville if they don't throw Sheppard. That is just my opinion.

I believe they can beat Pikeville without Shepherd on the hill, however, I think it definitely opens the door for the Panthers to pull it off. I think if LC wants to win the region, then they will not start Shepherd against the Panthers. He will be available if they need him to close it out or to hold Pikeville, but I don't believe he starts.

I will predict that LC beats AC by a moderate margin, 8-4 possibly. AC will get some hits and score some runs. They will make it a game for a while, but ultimately LC will win without Shepherd seeing any mound time. Then I predict Shepherd will not start against Pikeville, but the #2 man will go. Shepherd will be on call however if they fall behind or it is less than a 3 run game in the 6th and 7th innings. You may see Shepherd enter and pitch 2 innings to close out the game. Then I will predict that Shepherd will start and get the win in the championship. I believe this is the best possible road for LC to win the region. If Shepherd is used early and too much in the Pikeville game, then I think JC gets the edge because they will most likely have a full artillery ready for the championship game.

I believe this is the only scenario in which any team other than Johnson Central will win the 15th Region Championship.
WheelsNdaSky Wrote:I believe they can beat Pikeville without Shepherd on the hill, however, I think it definitely opens the door for the Panthers to pull it off. I think if LC wants to win the region, then they will not start Shepherd against the Panthers. He will be available if they need him to close it out or to hold Pikeville, but I don't believe he starts.

I will predict that LC beats AC by a moderate margin, 8-4 possibly. AC will get some hits and score some runs. They will make it a game for a while, but ultimately LC will win without Shepherd seeing any mound time. Then I predict Shepherd will not start against Pikeville, but the #2 man will go. Shepherd will be on call however if they fall behind or it is less than a 3 run game in the 6th and 7th innings. You may see Shepherd enter and pitch 2 innings to close out the game. Then I will predict that Shepherd will start and get the win in the championship. I believe this is the best possible road for LC to win the region. If Shepherd is used early and too much in the Pikeville game, then I think JC gets the edge because they will most likely have a full artillery ready for the championship game.

I believe this is the only scenario in which any team other than Johnson Central will win the 15th Region Championship.

I could be wrong but if he throws two innings he has to have one day rest. I think three to five is two days. So if he throws more than one then he can't pitch until Friday.
20/20 Wrote:I could be wrong but if he throws two innings he has to have one day rest. I think three to five is two days. So if he throws more than one then he can't pitch until Friday.

You're right, and I don't think LC gets by Pikeville without Chandler on the mound.
20/20 Wrote:I could be wrong but if he throws two innings he has to have one day rest. I think three to five is two days. So if he throws more than one then he can't pitch until Friday.
Pitching rules are as follows:

1-2 innings -------------0 days rest
3-5 innings -------------1 day rest
6 innings----------------2 days rest
7-9 innings--------------3 days rest
I have seen most of these teams play,and it seems LC,JC,BELFRY,PBURG,EAST RIDGE,PIKEVILLE,AC,AND PIKE CO CENTRAL,have all beat each other all year!It is funny to read the experts say this one is the fav,or that one is the fav! No guarantees for any team in the Tourney this season.No one is a sure winner.A great example is Paintsville,they beat most of these teams too,and they had a bad night and are gone.When this years tourney started Monday the records were thrown out.Anyteam can be beat this year,and have been this year when they least expected it,so lets play ball and have fun....good luck to all teams,be good sports,have fun.Predictions this year mean nothing.:worthy:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Pitching rules are as follows:

1-2 innings -------------0 days rest
3-5 innings -------------1 day rest
6 innings----------------2 days rest
7-9 innings--------------3 days rest

Thanks Kimball, wasn't for sure on the two days.
springballfun Wrote:I have seen most of these teams play,and it seems LC,JC,BELFRY,PBURG,EAST RIDGE,PIKEVILLE,AC,AND PIKE CO CENTRAL,have all beat each other all year!It is funny to read the experts say this one is the fav,or that one is the fav! No guarantees for any team in the Tourney this season.No one is a sure winner.A great example is Paintsville,they beat most of these teams too,and they had a bad night and are gone.When this years tourney started Monday the records were thrown out.Anyteam can be beat this year,and have been this year when they least expected it,so lets play ball and have fun....good luck to all teams,be good sports,have fun.Predictions this year mean nothing.:worthy:

While I'm no expert, I have been around the sport for a while. One can tell the good programs from the mediocre ones. While during the season, some of these teams beat others doesn't factor in well during the postseason. The better teams usually throw their best pitching in district games or games against tougher competition out of the region. Typically, only a few select region teams will have seen the best pitching the top teams have to offer. Sometimes it differs according to who a team is playing that week, but from what I have observed, that seems to be typical. So while P-burg may have defeated LC, or PC defeated Pikeville it doesn't usually happen that way in the postseason. Does that mean upsets can't happen? By no means. However, if you are going to pick the winner of the NCAA tournament, you don't pick George Mason or Gardner Webb (though they may pull off a magical run to the Final Four). You pick the good programs. Your prediction stands a better chance of being right that way and you may win some money in your office pool.
springballfun Wrote:I have seen most of these teams play,and it seems LC,JC,BELFRY,PBURG,EAST RIDGE,PIKEVILLE,AC,AND PIKE CO CENTRAL,have all beat each other all year!It is funny to read the experts say this one is the fav,or that one is the fav! No guarantees for any team in the Tourney this season.No one is a sure winner.A great example is Paintsville,they beat most of these teams too,and they had a bad night and are gone.When this years tourney started Monday the records were thrown out.Anyteam can be beat this year,and have been this year when they least expected it,so lets play ball and have fun....good luck to all teams,be good sports,have fun.Predictions this year mean nothing.:worthy:

I don't think it was a bad night for Paintsville. They just got beat by the better team. FYI JC beat Paintsville both times this season.
Johnson Central will win the region.