Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Alc Women's Coach
JUST HEARD THAT BETTY NOBLE ACEVADO WAS NAMED HEAD WOMEN'S BBALL COACH AT ALICE LLOYD COLLEGE. CONGRATS BETTY!!!! :Thumbs:
Who in the well is Betty Noble Acedevoto or whatever that name is.

Who were the candidates for the job?

Will they have their camp this summer?
She is a player that played over their in the late 90's. Was a good player and should do a nice job over their. Congrats and Good luck to Betty!

What is coach Adams going to do now???? Someone said he may be the new coach of the Knott County Patriots.
She should do a good job if it is the same person that I am thinking of but then who else would have that name but her...so congrats!
Good Luck
I thought a good coach would of been Misty Mcalarnis. She was a great player when she played their and she always puts everthing she has into her coaching. I think she is coaching at a gradeschool right now, but would of made a great candidate.
They dont want to get someone over at ALC that will make their boys program look inferior to the girls. Thats why they hired the coach that they did. Good job Scott Cornett, Joe Stepp, and whomever. Bunch of jackasses. Looks like the girls program will get worse and worse and worse. Mills has been the only good girls coach at ALC. Denise C. was pitiful. Then you got Adams. Better than Denise though. Looks like storm clouds are still hanging over Pippa Passes.
Would have to agree! Does the new coach have any coaching experience? just wondering!
Whoever the coach is, she must be someone that they wont have to pay much. I bet Cornett and the boys basketball coach makes good money though. This lady has probably offered to voluteer her time for free. Who the **** knows about that place over there. Their athletic programs have went down hill the past several years. The Stepps dont want nobody to out do them. They are the Lords of their little Manor over there at ALC. Scott Cornett is one of their little Vassals in their own little feudalistic society.
Hey guys, some of you said they are a bunch of jackasses and that's exactly what some of you all sound like right now. Give this new coach a chance instead of bashing her on this site. She is a very good lady with all kinds of experience. She played over several years ago and has a vast knowledge of the game. She relates very well with young kids and adults and will be an asset to your program. In my opinion you couldn't have gotten another coach that will be more dedicated to the program and will outwork anyone else you all have in mind. Letcher County is very excited for you Betty so go show the skeptical people that you can do the job.
Nobody has bashed her. I was bashing the higher ups over at ALC. They dont give a **** about the girls program over there and never have since John Mills left. Hope Betty does great with the girls to be honest.
Why bash Scott Cornett and the men's basketball coaches. They had nothing to do who was hired as the women's coach. My gosh give this lady a chance to prove herself. Cornett and the men's coach J R Hammond are quality people and coaches and I ' m sure they want the best for the Lady Eagles basketball program.:please:
Yeah whatever about Scott. He'd gut you in a second. JR Hammonds on the other hand, I have no idea about him. He is not one of the so called HIGHER UPS at ALC. The Stepps only care about Boys Hoops. Scott is probably pretty much just their little messenger pigeon.
Betty will be a fine coach. She was never the most athletic player on the floor, but she got the job done and led her team to the Championship Game of the TVAC conference Tourney. She always was one of the smartest players on the floor. This team was yearning for a new leader. I think they'll cling to her more laid back approach and will excel this year. On another note, Misty Macalarnis (sp) would have been a good choice as well. One of the hardest working ladies to ever suit up for ALC. Also seems like some on here have a bad taste of ALC Stepps in their mouth.
Good Luck coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
As far as the new women's coach goes, I don't really know anything about her. Coach Adams was not a very good coach. He knows the game, don't get me wrong, but his strategies are all backward. He is not suitable for coaching beyond the middle school level. JR Hammond seems to be a good coach. He relates to those boys and really cares about them. He is strick, but still approachable.

The women's team has out shadowed the men's the past 4 years that I was there? I am unsure why this seems to be an issue. Yes, Usually the boys have nicer things than the girls, and a much better coach. However, until this year they had G.G., who is not much of a step up from D.A. Anyway, the girls program has been a successful one the past 4 years. They have been runner up in the conference 3 of those 4 years and had a player( Becky Thomas) be named player of the year. The girls program is much better than the boys these days.