Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KCC and Hazard
Does anyone know the score?
Hazard -6-2.
MVP2 Wrote:Hazard -6-2.

I started to go but didn't. How did Meehan do? Does anyone have any details?
Where are all the Pat fans on this forum?
Good win Bulldogs!
Knott definitely has improved, but their record is very watered down. They have only played 3 teams with a winning record. They are still dangerous though, so no one should take them lightly. Good win for the Dogs.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Knott definitely has improved, but their record is very watered down. They have only played 3 teams with a winning record. They are still dangerous though, so no one should take them lightly. Good win for the Dogs.
Yes they have improved, but from a weak schedule. I'll say that this team will win the district. Only if Letcher continues to play below their ability. Letcher is better than what their record is showing.

Knott has only played two very good teams. That being Perry Central and Hazard. And lost to both. They really needed to play some better competition. The coach knew what he was doing when making the schedule. Play these teams that can't compete and have a winning record. No, I don't see them as dangerous. Only... if Hazard, PCC, or Estill underestimate them come tournament time.
I do believe this team has improved tremendously this season. With a new coach and a few kids who transfered in, this Knott Central team is nothing like what they've been the past few years. I dont think they have what it takes to win district or region but they could upset a team some where along the tourney.
Jeter_theman Wrote:Yes they have improved, but from a weak schedule. I'll say that this team will win the district. Only if Letcher continues to play below their ability. Letcher is better than what their record is showing.

Knott has only played two very good teams. That being Perry Central and Hazard. And lost to both. They really needed to play some better competition. The coach knew what he was doing when making the schedule. Play these teams that can't compete and have a winning record. No, I don't see them as dangerous. Only... if Hazard, PCC, or Estill underestimate them come tournament time.
So LCC is out of the loop in the regional tourney as being up there with PCC/Estill and Hazard? I just hope we keep playing better, game in and game out..and if you do do think that LCC is not up there...understand and not trying to argue. With the way we have played this year, we have controlled our own destiny...But we do have 2 pretty good wins beating Hazard and Estill. Only time shall tell and I hope we are there at the end of the year!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:So LCC is out of the loop in the regional tourney as being up there with PCC/Estill and Hazard? I just hope we keep playing better, game in and game out..and if you do do think that LCC is not up there...understand and not trying to argue. With the way we have played this year, we have controlled our own destiny...But we do have 2 pretty good wins beating Hazard and Estill. Only time shall tell and I hope we are there at the end of the year!

Seems that LCC is being streaky this season. They win a few and lose a few. Right now they are winning. If they continue to play up to their ability, then they can be a region favorite.

LCC beat Hazard a day before the Queen City Tournament. Hazard may have been saving pitching for this. And Estill isn't playing so well, themselves.

Perry is just owning the 14th. No losses, yet, to any 14th region team. And they have a tough schedule. Bobby Keith knows what he's doing.

We'll see come tournament time.
Jeter_theman Wrote:Seems that LCC is being streaky this season. They win a few and lose a few. Right now they are winning. If they continue to play up to their ability, then they can be a region favorite.

LCC beat Hazard a day before the Queen City Tournament. Hazard may have been saving pitching for this. And Estill isn't playing so well, themselves.

Perry is just owning the 14th. No losses, yet, to any 14th region team. And they have a tough schedule. Bobby Keith knows what he's doing.

We'll see come tournament time.

Hazard threw grigsby and meehan against LCc........
Educated Fan Wrote:Hazard threw grigsby and meehan against LCc........
LOL, took my post..But oh well..We will see how it plays out..Good Luck to everyone..
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Knott definitely has improved, but their record is very watered down. They have only played 3 teams with a winning record. They are still dangerous though, so no one should take them lightly. Good win for the Dogs.

I can understand having a easier schedule the first year of coaching just to get your feet under you. And i will say the schedule is not the toughest of all time but KCC has defeated some good teams this year and has only lost 2 close games. This is definitely the most improved team in the region and could be a dangerous team come tourney time. I will guess that KCC's schedule will be much tougher next year though.
fanatic11 Wrote:I can understand having a easier schedule the first year of coaching just to get your feet under you. And i will say the schedule is not the toughest of all time but KCC has defeated some good teams this year and has only lost 2 close games. This is definitely the most improved team in the region and could be a dangerous team come tourney time. I will guess that KCC's schedule will be much tougher next year though.

South Floyd (2), Cordia (2), Jackson City (2), Jenkins (2), and so on. No Estill, no Paintsville, no team outside of the 14th and 15th.... everyone knows that when it comes tourney time that you have better played some good teams or you won't last long. Playing Hazard, PCC, and LCC only, isn't going to cut it.

I know that Couch being a new coach wants to get his feet wet, but look at this team. These boys, as someone put it in another thread, has been playing together since little league. They should know what tough competition is. I know the teams they played on, played great teams. So, this excuse doesn't fly. Couch looks to be doing a good job, but we'll see if the team follows this season with the same record or better.
Jeter_theman Wrote:South Floyd (2), Cordia (2), Jackson City (2), Jenkins (2), and so on. No Estill, no Paintsville, no team outside of the 14th and 15th.... everyone knows that when it comes tourney time that you have better played some good teams or you won't last long. Playing Hazard, PCC, and LCC only, isn't going to cut it.

I know that Couch being a new coach wants to get his feet wet, but look at this team. These boys, as someone put it in another thread, has been playing together since little league. They should know what tough competition is. I know the teams they played on, played great teams. So, this excuse doesn't fly. Couch looks to be doing a good job, but we'll see if the team follows this season with the same record or better.

Cordia 2, district games, Jenkins 2 district games and so far Jackson City 1?
Couch knew what he was doing because he took over a team that won like 2 games last season. You dont follow that up with a murder's row schedule. That would be crazy. Their schedule was made out before some of their players were eligible, from what I hear, so he definately done the right thing. They still play Hazard 2, Perry 2, LCC 2, Breathitt 2, Leslie 2, Powell, in their region also teams like Allen Central, Pike Central, and Sheldon Clark from the 15th who are pretty good. so with a young team, i think it was a good schedule. Its just that no one expected them to win as many as they have.
Golden Nugget Wrote:Couch knew what he was doing because he took over a team that won like 2 games last season. You dont follow that up with a murder's row schedule. That would be crazy. Their schedule was made out before some of their players were eligible, from what I hear, so he definately done the right thing. They still play Hazard 2, Perry 2, LCC 2, Breathitt 2, Leslie 2, Powell, in their region also teams like Allen Central, Pike Central, and Sheldon Clark from the 15th who are pretty good. so with a young team, i think it was a good schedule. Its just that no one expected them to win as many as they have.

Sheldon Clark - 6-11, 5-5 in the 15th
Allen Central - 7-11, 6-7 in the 15th
Pike Central - 5-9, 5-7 in the 15th

Breathitt is better, but not Hazard or PCC. Leslie is down this year, Powell is a good team. But those teams are in the 14th. The last coach always made it a point to schedule teams outside the 14th and 15th. You have to play the high caliber teams to be ready for tournament play. That's a no brainer.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Cordia 2, district games, Jenkins 2 district games and so far Jackson City 1?

I know you have to play these teams. See my above post for my point.
these teams are not the top, of the region, but have beaten or played with some good teams. Pike C. just lost 10-5 the other day to Lawrence. Leslie lost to Perry 8-6 , Powell lost to Estill 4-0, anyway, they can compete for a region, starting this year like it or not. Oh yeah, they have already beaten LCC who has beaten the mighty Hazard, and Estill. As you have hinted, records mean nothing. You do what you have to do to get ready for Tournament time. With a young team, you schedule easier at the beginning, and tougher at the end, and i think that is the way they have it. Im sure next year's schedule will be tougher.
Jeter_theman Wrote:I know you have to play these teams. See my above post for my point.

Couch has done a great job with these boys, no matter what the schedule their record is impressive. You have to be pretty good to be consistent in baseball and the pats have done that. Now they just have to believe they are one of the best teams in the region and continue to go out an prove it.
Couch has done an outstanding job with this group of young men..Say what you want to about his schedule, but building confidence back into these young men and the program was the smartest coaching move that one could make. A say good move and best of luck...!
Educated Fan Wrote:Hazard threw grigsby and meehan against LCc........

Hey E F what about your vow to never post on BGR if Knott beat LCC?
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Couch has done a great job with these boys, no matter what the schedule their record is impressive. You have to be pretty good to be consistent in baseball and the pats have done that. Now they just have to believe they are one of the best teams in the region and continue to go out an prove it.

Record does show that. We will see come regional tourney time.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Couch has done an outstanding job with this group of young men..Say what you want to about his schedule, but building confidence back into these young men and the program was the smartest coaching move that one could make. A say good move and best of luck...!

These boys didn't need confidence building. They already knew there abilities and what they could accomplish. But still, the schedule is weak. You want to beat the best team in the region, you better play better teams outside the region. I wish them all the luck in the world.
Jeter_theman Wrote:These boys didn't need confidence building. They already knew there abilities and what they could accomplish. But still, the schedule is weak. You want to beat the best team in the region, you better play better teams outside the region. I wish them all the luck in the world.

Better teams outside of the region? I see nothing weak about their schedule. I guess the negative and weak minded people see weakness in everything.
didnt need confidence building??????? Coming off 2 wins. Wow pretty much a no brainer there. Confidence had to be pretty low. There is a difference in playing someone close and knowing you can beat them. Give them some love bro.