Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Ranks 2010 KY Recruits
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I guess I'll take the bait and get in on this idiotic argument. I would also have to say his ballhandling is another thing that is on their level . . . actually above most of their levels (anyone who cannot see that knows nothing about basketball). To say Elisha is better than these players is a stretch, but to say that he shouldn't be mentioned up there with them is also a stretch. The reality of it is that no player he plays against will make Elisha look like he doesn't belong on the same court as them. His desire, determination, and court smarts will guarantee that.

I've never said that I don't think Elisha didn't belong with those players, but rather I didn't think he was as talented as them. Sure he does a few things better than them...but looking at the overall package, those players are better IMO, which is why they have offers already.

As far as making him look like he doesn't belong on the court, he has had some rough outings against good players. For example, the Faulkner twins combined for 33 points, 19 rbs, and 10 ast against Valley in the state tourney. Ethan outplayed Elisha that day, controlling the tempo with his ballhandling, scoring and passing. He also did a solid job defensively, forcing Justice in to a 9-28 shooting night.

Quote:I know that Elisha gets a lot of hype on here, but most of it is from kids and some of you should understand that instead of trying to beat them in an argument.

Elisha will continue to work and get better and I think you'll see him get some decent D1 offers next season. Never doubt him because he has proven a lot of people wrong who have doubted his size and talent. As a couple of scouts have said he has that "it" factor that can't be explained. He doesn't look like he belongs with the best players in the state, but he does.

Well said in the last two paragraphs. I have no doubt that he'll continue to improve and end up somewhere at the next level.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I've never said that I don't think Elisha didn't belong with those players, but rather I didn't think he was as talented as them. Sure he does a few things better than them...but looking at the overall package, those players are better IMO, which is why they have offers already.

As far as making him look like he doesn't belong on the court, he has had some rough outings against good players. For example, the Faulkner twins combined for 33 points, 19 rbs, and 10 ast against Valley in the state tourney. Ethan outplayed Elisha that day, controlling the tempo with his ballhandling, scoring and passing. He also did a solid job defensively, forcing Justice in to a 9-28 shooting night.

Well said in the last two paragraphs. I have no doubt that he'll continue to improve and end up somewhere at the next level.

While I agree with several things you have said in this thread, the quote about the Faulkners making him struggle is not true. 9-28 is a bad shooting night, but most of it was because the rest of the SV players played so scared in the Elliott game. They would take 1 or 2 dribbles and then hand it back to Elisha and expect him to shoot it. Many of those shots were taken late in the game when SV was down and had to get shots up. If I am not mistaken, Ethan Faulkner (hailed by many as the best pg in the state) had 15 turnovers in 2 games against SV while Elisha had 4. I am not taking anything away from the Faulkners because they played great, but their defense was also good in Richmond and Elisha had a pretty good game there when the rest of the team played much less tight.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:While I agree with several things you have said in this thread, the quote about the Faulkners making him struggle is not true. 9-28 is a bad shooting night, but most of it was because the rest of the SV players played so scared in the Elliott game. They would take 1 or 2 dribbles and then hand it back to Elisha and expect him to shoot it. Many of those shots were taken late in the game when SV was down and had to get shots up. If I am not mistaken, Ethan Faulkner (hailed by many as the best pg in the state) had 15 turnovers in 2 games against SV while Elisha had 4. I am not taking anything away from the Faulkners because they played great, but their defense was also good in Richmond and Elisha had a pretty good game there when the rest of the team played much less tight.

Ethan Faulkner controlled that second game. The majority of those turnovers came in the first game. As far as that game, EC was just the better team that night. It had nothing to do with Valley's players playing tight. Valley won the first game because they played tough defense. The second game, they just couldn't stop anyone from EC, including Justice not being able to stop Ethan.
I agree Dortonwildcat5. Elisha will compete with any of those kids and already has on a few occasions this spring.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Ethan Faulkner controlled that second game. The majority of those turnovers came in the first game. As far as that game, EC was just the better team that night. It had nothing to do with Valley's players playing tight. Valley won the first game because they played tough defense. The second game, they just couldn't stop anyone from EC, including Justice not being able to stop Ethan.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on Valley playing tight. I saw both games and that's what it looked like to me. I am not taking anything away from Elliott because they were definitely the better team at Rupp. As far as Ethan's turnovers, he had 8 in Richmond and 7 at Rupp. Technically that is considered a majority, but he did not handle the ball well at all in either game which can be credited to Elisha and Logan's defense.
Nice story on Ge'lawn Guyn:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruitin...id=4135606
New ranking for Ge'lawn Guyn:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruitin...son%3d2010
Check out more infromation on Ge'lawn Guyn.

Rated #31 Top point guard 2010 class
http://kentuckypreps.rivals.com/viewrank...a_key=2183

Rated #122 in the nation 2010 class
http://kentuckypreps.rivals.com/viewrank...a_key=1909
New Ranking in the State of Kentucky!
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dem...kings.html

Ge’lawn 40+ Jump Dunk! Wow

Ge’lawn 40+Jump Dunk! Wow Part 2

:please:
Hey Goldenrule....does this look familiar?

(Click to enlarge)

[attachment=o1554]

:1:
But if I can remember did Ge'lawn Guyn have 31 pt 6asst 8 reds in that game?

We love all the Homles Players! They all played AAU together last year.
goldenrule19 Wrote:But if I can remember did Ge'lawn Guyn have 31 pt 6asst 8 reds in that game?

We love all the Homles Players! They all played AAU together last year.

Just giving ya a hard time buddy. You were posting videos of Ge's dunks so I thought I'd bring one back for ya. :biggrin:

In all seriousness though, Ge is a player. I was very impressed with him against Holmes last year. IMO Scott Co's best player. I look forward to seeing him this upcoming season. He is easily one of the top 3 best players in the state.
This 2010 class could be the best in Kentucky Basketball History! Major D1 and Mid-Major D1, I count at less 10 in this class.:please:
goldenrule19 Wrote:This 2010 class could be the best in Kentucky Basketball History! Major D1 and Mid-Major D1, I count at less 10 in this class.:please:

I agree. Several recruiting sites have stated that the c/o 2010 may very well be the deepest in KY history.

Between Scott Co and Holmes alone, there are 6 D1 players in the c/o 2010:

Scott Co:
Ge'Lawn Guyn
Chad Jackson
Dakotah Euton

Holmes:
Ricardo Johnson
Jeremiah Johnson
Elijah Pittman
kywldcat01 Wrote:Again, Elisha is a very good player and will find a nice home at the next level whether it be small D1 or high D2, but he is no where near the talent of Ricardo Johnson, Elijah Pittman, Ge'Lawn Guyn, Aaron Cosby, Chad Jackson, Jeremiah Johnson, or Josh Sewell. All of those kids are high major talents that will contribute wherever they go as freshmen.

Just because a kid has a good high school career and performs well in his part of the state, doesn't automatically make them a top 5 player when it comes to how their game translates to the next level. (See Jon Ferguson in this years' class)

If SV plays a tough schedule this coming season, consistently playing top 20 teams, and Justice still performs at the same level, I'll gladly eat crow. Until he proves himself against solid instate competition though, it's tough to put him on the same level of those mentioned above who have been consistently doing it the past two or three years against the states' best.

All A MVP, All tourney in the State tourney. Might start plucking feathers on that crow or stop getting your own feelings hurt because he is good.
Commanche Wrote:All A MVP, All tourney in the State tourney. Might start plucking feathers on that crow or stop getting your own feelings hurt because he is good.

Where did I ever say he wasn't good?? You failed to bold the rest of that sentence where I stated that those accomplishments don't make him top 5 in the state. Never once did I say he wasn't good.

Justice is a good little ball player but I'm sure college coaches would take Guyn, Jackson, R. Johnson, Pittman, Sewell, and Cosby, to name a few, over him any day.There's a reason those players are getting serious D1 looks and offers and Justice currently holds 0 offers. He's a good HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER, but doesn't have the same TALENT that those guys have.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Where did I ever say he wasn't good?? You failed to bold the rest of that sentence where I stated that those accomplishments don't make him top 5 in the state. Never once did I say he wasn't good.

Justice is a good little ball player but I'm sure college coaches would take Guyn, Jackson, R. Johnson, Pittman, Sewell, and Cosby, to name a few, over him any day.There's a reason those players are getting serious D1 looks and offers and Justice currently holds 0 offers. He's a good HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER, but doesn't have the same TALENT that those guys have.

Get the crow ready to eat Ma.
Commanche Wrote:Get the crow ready to eat Ma.

Have at it...he WONT play high major D1 basketball. EKU or Morehead are more suited for his talent level.
zulu Wrote:Oh he could possible sign D1 with all the hype he's getting, but if he does he will set on the bench. Just look at Clark Stepp who is probably a better player than Justice and what did he do this past year at his big D1 school? He set the bench all year and did not play and will probably end up back at ALC. He is a D2 or NAIA player and I no one can convence me ohterwise. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
I hate to bring up old threads but that is a truly hilarious statement. :thatsfunn There is no way in the world Clark Stepp is a better player. If he is, I honestly need to quit wasting my time trying to understand basketball.
kywldcat01 Wrote:This is actually kind of old, and I wouldn't put too much stock in to the ESPN rankings at this point. Half of the players on the list got 70's or 40's because they have only been seen on film, or they haven't been evaluated yet.

To point something else out, they have Arkansas Brewer in with this group (he doesn't even play anymore) and they have Bud Mackey in the the 2011 group.

There's no way Cosby, Guyn, and Sewell at at the bottom half of the 2010 group. I'd say at this point, the c.o 2010 looks like this from the scouts I've spoke with:

1. Ricardo Johnson- Holmes
2. Elijah Pittman- Holmes
3. Ge'Lawn Guyn- Scott Co
4. Aaron Cosby- J'town
5. Chad Jackson- Scott Co
6. Josh Sewell- Trinity
7. Jeremiah Johnson- Holmes
8. Shaquille Wilson- Christian Co
9. Aaron Watts- Mccreary Central
10. Elisha Justice- Shelby Valley

This list even needs to be re-evaluated now with Jenkins reclassifying.

http://www.examiner.com/x-9504-Louisvill...rep-School