Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 15th Region Players 09-10
Belfry should have a better record and team this year but I still don't think they will have near enough to stay with SC. In one of the earlier post on this thread someone stated that Belfry won the Pike Co. championship in 06, 07, and 08, but I am pretty sure that Elkhorn City won the county last year. I have no horse in this race but as far as the best player, it's the Booth girl from SC and really don't know if anyone is even a close second.
2hard2guard Wrote:Belfry should have a better record and team this year but I still don't think they will have near enough to stay with SC. In one of the earlier post on this thread someone stated that Belfry won the Pike Co. championship in 06, 07, and 08, but I am pretty sure that Elkhorn City won the county last year. I have no horse in this race but as far as the best player, it's the Booth girl from SC and really don't know if anyone is even a close second.

You're right. Belfry won it in '05, '06 and '07.
Carla Booth is heads and shoulders above everyone in this region. She is a tremendous overall player and is already speaking with UK from what I understand. She will be the number one player in this region for as long as she has left in it. Others names that I would throw up from the 15th would be:

JJ Bevins, Maddie Shull, Brooke Coleman, Brittany Swindall, Holly Harris, Taylor Hott, Holly McCarty, and Bre Fraley.
looks good!!!
thetribe Wrote:Carla Booth is heads and shoulders above everyone in this region. She is a tremendous overall player and is already speaking with UK from what I understand. She will be the number one player in this region for as long as she has left in it. Others names that I would throw up from the 15th would be:

JJ Bevins, Maddie Shull, Brooke Coleman, Brittany Swindall, Holly Harris, Taylor Hott, Holly McCarty, and Bre Fraley.

Agree!!
mister... basketball Wrote:This is my revised list lol

harris and thompson (pike central)
hamilton and hott (betsy layne)
shull (pikeville)
booth (martin county)
vanhoose and jarrell (paintsville)
ratliff (phelps)
bevins (belfry)

You're exactly right
Those are some good chooses, I agree that Amber Shepherd should be in there somewhere.
Somewhat cliche but Booth is the best player east of Lexington. Alot of contact with UK already and EKU is basically begging her.
D WINS Wrote:Somewhat cliche but Booth is the best player east of Lexington. Alot of contact with UK already and EKU is basically begging her.

I agree that Booth is DEFINITELY the best player in the 15th. However, I think there are several players east of Lexington as good as or better than her, including Sara Hammond & Jackie Alexander from Rockcastle, and Whitney Jackson (Clay Co.) and Erica Burchett from South Laurel. I also think Kendall Noble from Breathitt is in that group. It's easy to say she's the best if all you have seen are Region 15 players. As for EKU, that would be a great fit for her and she can play and excel on that level. Now about UK, have you seen the upper tier SEC teams? Guards are 5'10"+ and super athletic. They may talk to her since they went to camp there, but no scholly will be offered.
She Hulk Wrote:I agree that Booth is DEFINITELY the best player in the 15th. However, I think there are several players east of Lexington as good as or better than her, including Sara Hammond & Jackie Alexander from Rockcastle, and Whitney Jackson (Clay Co.) and Erica Burchett from South Laurel. I also think Kendall Noble from Breathitt is in that group. It's easy to say she's the best if all you have seen are Region 15 players. As for EKU, that would be a great fit for her and she can play and excel on that level. Now about UK, have you seen the upper tier SEC teams? Guards are 5'10"+ and super athletic. They may talk to her since they went to camp there, but no scholly will be offered.

UK Hoops Announces 2009-10 Roster
1 Adia Mathies G Fr. 5-9
3 Crystal Riley G So. 5-5
4 Keyla Snowden G So. 5-7
24 Amber Smith PG Jr. 5-5

AS you can see; all of the players for UK aren't over 5' 10 +.
If Carla is good enough; she can play at UK.
i heard from a very reliable source today that uk is showing some interest in bevins from belfry as well. hmm? Wink
ballcrazy Wrote:Shull- Pikeville and Hott - B.H.S.
and also hamilton-blhs
How many girls do you think that ACHS will have this year now that vball is almost over?
mister... basketball Wrote:i heard from a very reliable source today that uk is showing some interest in bevins from belfry as well. hmm? Wink

please get over your self are you jealous of booth?? i will tell you why people think that she is the best player in the region because she is tough as nails and doesnt care to get her teammates evolved in the game... booth knows she is the best player on the team and she still plays her guts out she doesnt care to dive into the stands for a loose ball thats why people think she is the best player in the region...there isnt a girl in the state that is a tought as her on the court yes there may be other girls that shoot better than her but not many.
AllStarsDoll Wrote:What about Brittany Swindal from Shelby Valley?

the swindal girl was one of the most up and coming girls players in the 15th region during her sophmore year at east ridge under spears. she averaged 19-20 points per game and about 10 rebounds. i can't understand why she doesn't perform for us as she did at er, maybe her heart isn't into it or maybe she isn't happy. i just can't figure it out because if she had performed last year as a junior at shelby valley like she did her sophmore year, we very well could have won the region. and one other thing, coach rowe said in the class a meeting that he might win 8 games this year if he got to play piarist enough. i do not like that attitude becasue we have some really great players coming back. swindal, sawyers, tackett, and coleman should have us right in the thick of things. maybe i got more faith in them than coach rowe. my source was one of the coaches in the meeting, i will not give his name.
LuvSV Wrote:the swindal girl was one of the most up and coming girls players in the 15th region during her sophmore year at east ridge under spears. she averaged 19-20 points per game and about 10 rebounds. i can't understand why she doesn't perform for us as she did at er, maybe her heart isn't into it or maybe she isn't happy. i just can't figure it out because if she had performed last year as a junior at shelby valley like she did her sophmore year, we very well could have won the region. and one other thing, coach rowe said in the class a meeting that he might win 8 games this year if he got to play piarist enough. i do not like that attitude becasue we have some really great players coming back. swindal, sawyers, tackett, and coleman should have us right in the thick of things. maybe i got more faith in them than coach rowe. my source was one of the coaches in the meeting, i will not give his name.

I thought that Swindall played really well last season. She picked up a lot of points in every game I witnessed her play and it seemed like she would average nearly 20 points for Shelby Valley. I'm not certain but I would almost bet that she was the leading scorer for Valley after she was cleared to play. Coach Rowe's comment about 8 wins if they played Piarist enough doesn't show the least bit of confidence in the team that he has to work with or maybe he made the comment to seem like the hero when the team does well, which they will. Swindall and Coleman is where the talent lies for the Wildcats this year. I want to see how their guard play is but I know that neither Sawyers or L. Tackett will be the scorers for the team. Shelby Valley will play down low with Swindall a lot and Coleman can hit from anywhere on the court so they will combine for 40+ a game. Sawyers and L. Tackett will probably contribute less than 20 points between them. All in all, Valley will have another good season but won't see the title.
LuvSV Wrote:the swindal girl was one of the most up and coming girls players in the 15th region during her sophmore year at east ridge under spears. she averaged 19-20 points per game and about 10 rebounds. i can't understand why she doesn't perform for us as she did at er, maybe her heart isn't into it or maybe she isn't happy. i just can't figure it out because if she had performed last year as a junior at shelby valley like she did her sophmore year, we very well could have won the region. and one other thing, coach rowe said in the class a meeting that he might win 8 games this year if he got to play piarist enough. i do not like that attitude becasue we have some really great players coming back. swindal, sawyers, tackett, and coleman should have us right in the thick of things. maybe i got more faith in them than coach rowe. my source was one of the coaches in the meeting, i will not give his name.

I believe that if Tackett get the chance to play she can be a dominate force down low, she hustle ten times more than Swindell did last year in my opinion.
swindall only avg. 11.3, coleman avg 12, and perkins avg 13..but her and coleman will lead the pack this year