Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama's Diplomacy
One of Obama's biggest platforms seemed to be diplomacy but it seems the rest of the world isn't buying it. He convinced us the American people that he could improve our relationships with the world. But it seems every time he reaches out to other countries they smack his hand. Why can he not seem to pull these countries onto the Obama train like he did most Americans?

President Nicolas Sarkozy stated that the new US president was lacking in hands-on experience of government and not yet up to speed.

"Obama has a subtle mind, very clever and very charismatic," Sarkozy was quoted as saying by a parliamentarian in Liberation. "But he was elected two months ago and had never run a ministry.

"And he is not always up to standard on decision-making and efficiency," he reportedly said.
because just 4 months ago we had the worst president ever, GEORGE W. BUSH
Matman Wrote:One of Obama's biggest platforms seemed to be diplomacy but it seems the rest of the world isn't buying it. He convinced us the American people that he could improve our relationships with the world. But it seems every time he reaches out to other countries they smack his hand. Why can he not seem to pull these countries onto the Obama train like he did most Americans?

President Nicolas Sarkozy stated that the new US president was lacking in hands-on experience of government and not yet up to speed.

"Obama has a subtle mind, very clever and very charismatic," Sarkozy was quoted as saying by a parliamentarian in Liberation. "But he was elected two months ago and had never run a ministry.

"And he is not always up to standard on decision-making and efficiency," he reportedly said.
Since when do you care what the French think? They didn't send troops to Iraq. And I eat "Freedom Fries" now, remember?

Besides, Sarkozy is a French version of George W. Bush. Stupid and boastful. He actually went on record and said he idolized Bush. So ,.............come on. Sarkozy?:yawn:
DevilsWin Wrote:Since when do you care what the French think? They didn't send troops to Iraq. And I eat "Freedom Fries" now, remember?

Besides, Sarkozy is a French version of George W. Bush. Stupid and boastful. He actually went on record and said he idolized Bush. So ,.............come on. Sarkozy?:yawn:

No i don't remember. While all that crap was going on i was in Iraq. I do believe Sarkozy has his downfalls. I do not believe he is stupid. He is arrogant and misleading but not stupid. I believe that is the main reason he doesn't like Obama. Obama receives to much publicity, even stealing some of Sarkozy's.
By the way you sound like a Bush supporter. Your either with us or against us junk. While i did not vote for Obama i did find hope in his label as the one to unite us as a country and to bring back diplomacy. So if you are not one for diplomacy why did you vote for Obama? If you aren't for improving relationships with the world then why did you vote for Obama? Because he wasn't George W is a horrible reason and a slap in the face of Obama. I open a legit thread about our diplomacy in search of a reason why it doesn't seem to be working as well as some hoped and i get George W remarks. Classic.
Pond creek nation Wrote:because just 4 months ago we had the worst president ever, GEORGE W. BUSH

So do you think W damaged our relationship with France so badly that we will never be able to fix it or that it has just not been enough time. Personally i believe you are correct to some degree. Not about the worst president ever remark but that he did damage our relationship so badly that it will take time. But i believe its more than that. I don't think Obama has had enough action to distinguish himself from Bush. So far they don't seem that different.
DevilsWin Wrote:Since when do you care what the French think? They didn't send troops to Iraq. And I eat "Freedom Fries" now, remember?

DW.....What do you think about Mr. Sarkozy trying to schedule a trip to visit Omaha Beach the site of the American Cemetery where 9,387 American personnel are buried when Barry visited France after the G-20 meetings, and Barry refusing because he thought it may insult the Germans? I'm sure Barry hit a nerve with several vets on this one especially the WWII vets.
Finally, people are starting to see the mistake in voting this man in office.
Pond creek nation Wrote:because just 4 months ago we had the worst president ever, GEORGE W. BUSH

Finally someone who can see that things take time!
Old School Wrote:DW.....What do you think about Mr. Sarkozy trying to schedule a trip to visit Omaha Beach the site of the American Cemetery where 9,387 American personnel are buried when Barry visited France after the G-20 meetings, and Barry refusing because he thought it may insult the Germans? I'm sure Barry hit a nerve with several vets on this one especially the WWII vets.

I'd say that anyone with good judgment and all the information would have probably made the same decision.

This comes at a time when Obama was trying to repair our relations with Germany. Which is a key Ally in defeating Islamic extremists. We need Germany and ****ing them off by reminding them of how stupid their fathers and grandfathers were doesn't do a thing to help the cause.

Pandering to the Sarkozy's photo opportunity is not going to strengthen NATO or America's strategic interests.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Finally, people are starting to see the mistake in voting this man in office.
I don't know of any.:biggrin:
DevilsWin Wrote:I don't know of any.:biggrin:

You must not get out any, or have a TV, radio, or neighbors. Or maybe you're blind and deaf.:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:You must not get out any, or have a TV, radio, or neighbors. Or maybe you're blind and deaf.:biggrin:
Guess not.:yawn:
DevilsWin Wrote:Guess not.:yawn:

Probably for the best. Not knowing of any people who realize electing Obama was a mistake seems to make you feel good.:eyeroll:
DevilsWin Wrote:I don't know of any.:biggrin:

Do you know anyone? LOL
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Do you know anyone? LOL

Nope.:lmao:
DevilsWin Wrote:I'd say that anyone with good judgment and all the information would have probably made the same decision.

This comes at a time when Obama was trying to repair our relations with Germany. Which is a key Ally in defeating Islamic extremists. We need Germany and ****ing them off by reminding them of how stupid their fathers and grandfathers were doesn't do a thing to help the cause.

Pandering to the Sarkozy's photo opportunity is not going to strengthen NATO or America's strategic interests.

I don't see how visiting the grave site of over 9,000 American solders would tick the Germans off, except maybe for the three or four who still believe in Hilter's third reich. What will Barry do next bow to Chancellor Merkel. I guess by Barry going around the world apologizing to everyone for Americans actiions over the past 100 years or so, even yours when you fought for this great country in Iraq will strengthen America ties with these countries.
Old School Wrote:I don't see how visiting the grave site of over 9,000 American solders would tick the Germans off, except maybe for the three or four who still believe in Hilter's third reich. What will Barry do next bow to Chancellor Merkel. I guess by Barry going around the world apologizing to everyone for Americans actiions over the past 100 years or so, even yours when you fought for this great country in Iraq will strengthen America ties with these countries.

Are you a German?:nope:
How would you expect to understand?:novb:

Don't confuse the service of the rank and file with the stupid decisions our leaders have made.Confusedalute:

I am sure he knows better than you :wtf1: or I :wenumber1.
DevilsWin Wrote:Are you a German?:nope:
How would you expect to understand?:novb:

Don't confuse the service of the rank and file with the stupid decisions our leaders have made.Confusedalute:

I am sure he knows better than you :wtf1: or I :wenumber1.

1. No I am not a German, however for what it's worth I am of German descent.

2. Understand what? That on one hand Barry has already alienated Israel, Georgia, Ukraine and several other allies while on the other hand he's trying to buddy up with tyrants like Castro, Chavez, Ahmadinejad and others like them. I can see these guys setting back planning their strategies and laughing about how they plan to manipulate the U.S. in the near future.

3. Which stupid decisions are you referring to? When FDR declared war on Japan, or when the U.S. dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima or when Truman sent troops to Korea, or Kennedy and the Cuban Missle crisis, Johnson sending troops to Vietnam, of G.H. Bush going into Iraq or G.W. sending troops back into Iraq or others?

4. I sure hope Barry knows better than me, if not we are in worse shape than I thought. I just wish he'd show me, I hoping that it's still in him because it has yet to come out for everyone to see.
OMG! You're hopeless.
DevilsWin Wrote:OMG! You're hopeless.

lol, Surely your not giving up on me? :biggrin:
PHS#1 Wrote:Finally someone who can see that things take time!
Just Republicans thought Obama could do it in 2 days before they would start frying him.
I even heard a supposedly "college" educated man in Walmart the other evening telling a woman, "Obama's gonna take away our guns."

:thatsfunn