Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rent
Does anyone else want to see this movie? It based on the Broadway rock-opera Rent. The storyline follows a group of New Yorkers as they struggle to pay their rent while encountering obstacles such as love and AIDs.

If you haven't seen the trailer for it yet I recommend you do so. And the song "Seasons of Love" gets me everytime.
I want to see this one. If I lived in New York, I would be a Broadway Brat. I love going to plays and musicals.
I might go and see it, the previews were okay because they were pretty contemporary. We will just have to see.
I've seen the play.. Watched it while i was in new york a few years ago...
No.
Rent has been and will continue to be one of the greatest plays ever.

I have seen it 7 times, twice on Broadway. It is inspirational, emotional, funny, sad, and thought provoking.

If the movie is half as good as the play we are in for a huge treat, I have been following the making of this movie since it was brought up about three years ago, and I can not wait to see it.

For a little more background on the play and it's story, go to http://www.siteforrrent.com ,it is a chilling tale.

It is rock music and a great great story, I encourage all to see it.
I'm not much into broadway, theater, musicals,etc...so I've only briefly heard of rent. I'm not sure I could sit through a movie that sings the entire time...I've seen the previews though and they look ok. I might watch it...
BlueGrassGirl Wrote:I'm not much into broadway, theater, musicals,etc...so I've only briefly heard of rent. I'm not sure I could sit through a movie that sings the entire time...I've seen the previews though and they look ok. I might watch it...
The play and the movie have dialogue, it is not entirely singing. Not at all. Trust me BGG, you will like it.