Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class AA Playoff Bracket
I just hope we get to see another great P-burg/Belfry game.

GL to all teams.
Looks like there's a possibility of Prestonsburg playing on the carpet this year, but not the one in Louisville.......

Man if P'Burg plays Belfry in round 2, Man, I have to be there....
BelfryPride Wrote:Looks like there's a possibility of Prestonsburg playing on the carpet this year, but not the one in Louisville.......

Man if P'Burg plays Belfry in round 2, Man, I have to be there....

Anyone who loves high school football needs to make this game, if it were to happen that is.
I think if Prestonsburg can make it past Middlesboro, then they could beat Belfry. I hope at least.
blackcatfan4life Wrote:I think if Prestonsburg can make it past Middlesboro, then they could beat Belfry. I hope at least.

Here's a question and it is not meaning to be taken as a smart remark either, but what do you think Prestonsburg would have to do differently to beat Belfry this time?

Honestly, I think that the Blackcats would need to keep their emotions and frustrations in check to play a more controlled game against the Pirates than they did in the first one. Although, I don't think they could pull out a win, but it may be a lot closer than it was.
Pirate Pal Wrote:Here's a question and it is not meaning to be taken as a smart remark either, but what do you think Prestonsburg would have to do differently to beat Belfry this time?

Honestly, I think that the Blackcats would need to keep their emotions and frustrations in check to play a more controlled game against the Pirates than they did in the first one. Although, I don't think they could pull out a win, but it may be a lot closer than it was.
You basically hit the nail on the head PP. Prestonsburg tends to let their emotions play for them. All the dumb personal fouls that P-burg gets seems to control the game and swing momentum in the opponents favor. As far as beating Belfry, Prestonsburg would have to contain Maynard. If they do that then they got it whipped. Running between the tackles is what kills Prestonsburg cuz they can't seem to stop that. They have been better as of late, but you can't really emphasize too much because of the competition that they have faced. They did stop Valley, ER, and Magoffin Co from running up the gut, but neither of these teams compare to Belfry. I think the key for P-burg to come out victorious is just to stop up the holes. It sounds easy enough, but has been quite a task for P-burg this year. First possession TD's for the opponent doesn't help P-burg either. The TD on the punt return by Maynard in the first meeting between P-burg and Belfry really put a damper on the blackcats early imo. I think once that happened, then the blackcats just rolled over and quit.
blackcatfan4life Wrote:You basically hit the nail on the head PP. Prestonsburg tends to let their emotions play for them. All the dumb personal fouls that P-burg gets seems to control the game and swing momentum in the opponents favor. As far as beating Belfry, Prestonsburg would have to contain Maynard. If they do that then they got it whipped. Running between the tackles is what kills Prestonsburg cuz they can't seem to stop that. They have been better as of late, but you can't really emphasize too much because of the competition that they have faced. They did stop Valley, ER, and Magoffin Co from running up the gut, but neither of these teams compare to Belfry. I think the key for P-burg to come out victorious is just to stop up the holes. It sounds easy enough, but has been quite a task for P-burg this year. First possession TD's for the opponent doesn't help P-burg either. The TD on the punt return by Maynard in the first meeting between P-burg and Belfry really put a damper on the blackcats early imo. I think once that happened, then the blackcats just rolled over and quit.

I have to agree. Maynard is a very good RB, but you can't forget Chapman and May either. It's hard to stop all 3 of them. Dustin is good at getting the 2 - 5 yards per carry and Chapman can make a big play but tends to run out of steam if it goes more than 30-40 yards, unlike Maynard who is fast and has a lot of steam.

Any game played between these 2 brings a great atmosphere from the fans to the field. The boys play off of the fans reactions too.
That was 2 very good posts.......
Pirate Pal Wrote:Here's a question and it is not meaning to be taken as a smart remark either, but what do you think Prestonsburg would have to do differently to beat Belfry this time?

PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hope that every team does that before a game no matter what they're record!
Good Post BC4L.

Prestonsburg didn't play all that horrible in the first match up against Belfry. I think the score at half time was around 21-7?? Then in the second half they just gave up, which has happened a time or two this season. Don't get me wrong though, there are a lot of things they still need to work on, one of them being containing Maynard and personal fouls. They still have to get by M'boro too.