Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Well Tideshoss32......
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Simply put, this is why BGR is the best sports forum on the internet. You can argue up and down with somebody and disagree to the death about something, which is what Ive done numerous times on here, but when something happens to someone, you get this kind of outpouring support. I want to thank everybody, and I mean everybody for their thoughts, prayers and posts for my recovery. Ive debated with just about everybody on this site about something, but you all are my buddies and friends. I would absolutely love to get out of this bed and shake each and every one of your hands, but for now Ill just have to extend my thanks and gratitude through this post. Your kindness will never ever be forgotten. I am a very blessed man. Thanks to each and every one of you. I mean that. Ill have at least the next 6 to 7 months to be on here more regularly than most would want, lol, but I guess thats one of the perks to recovering.

Glad to see you're recovering. If you feel comfortable with it could you explain what happened and what you're recovery will entail?

Go Steelers!:Thumbs:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Simply put, this is why BGR is the best sports forum on the internet. You can argue up and down with somebody and disagree to the death about something, which is what Ive done numerous times on here, but when something happens to someone, you get this kind of outpouring support. I want to thank everybody, and I mean everybody for their thoughts, prayers and posts for my recovery. Ive debated with just about everybody on this site about something, but you all are my buddies and friends. I would absolutely love to get out of this bed and shake each and every one of your hands, but for now Ill just have to extend my thanks and gratitude through this post. Your kindness will never ever be forgotten. I am a very blessed man. Thanks to each and every one of you. I mean that. Ill have at least the next 6 to 7 months to be on here more regularly than most would want, lol, but I guess thats one of the perks to recovering.
Glad to see you posting again Tide. I think you had everyone of us on here worried about your health. I thank God that you are doing well and hope you have a speedy recovery. Welcome back my brother.
yeah its awesome to get to finally chat with you guys again..I dont care at all DW..I was on a railrunner and a loose roof bolt plate caught the back of my coveralls and my light cord, and pulled me on top of the railrunner, and it crushed me against the roof (it was a very low spot on the entry, about 12 to 14 inches from the battery pack I was on top of to the roof). It crushed, folded me in half, pulled me until the railrunner operator got over a hump. When it crushed and folded me, it broke one vertabrae on my spinal cord, which the doctors are afraid of doing surgery at this time. It crushed another vertabrae, broke three ribs, cracked my pelvis, tore a chunk out of my head (it was rubbing the roof), jammed my knee and broke my big toe. After that fun filled ride I was dumped into a water hole with crib blocks and wedges, and I think I may have gotten one of my broken ribs from a crib, whose to know though. I stayed in that water hole for about 15 mins until I had to pull myself out. The railrunner operator stayed there with me and covered me up until they tried to move me. Which is exactly what your NOT supposed to do. Who's to know that didnt do anymore damage. Anyways Im an MET, so I was trying not to panic and telling everybody what to do. And I told them to leave me as I was, to find a board. I got outside finally where it was 30* and I was soaked. I stayed there until the ambulance arrived, they cut my clothes off of me and took me to the hospital. When I arrived to the hospital my body temp was 93 or 94 degrees. Simple stuff like that, lol..the doctor told me I was one millimeter from being paralyzed and one inch from death. The grace of God saved me pal, seriously. I got to JCMC and was in ICU for four days and was fitted for a shell brace, which is the worst thing Ive ever had to wear in my life. It has to be fitted extremely snug so my spine wont be moving, but it makes it sickening to breathe when you have 3 broken ribs. I get nauseated everytime Ive put it on. I have several dead nerves and cant feel anything from my waist to around the top of my knees (around my butt, thighs, etc), although I do have the use of my well, you know, lol..Im hoping that Ill regain some of those nerves but I know I wont get all of them back, but it did a number on the nerves on my spinal cord. I have to lay in bed, and cant move at all. The neurosurgeon told me that one wrong move or wiggle and I would be paralyzed. I have to have someone roll me to one side to put the back of the brace on and then it has to be fastened before I can get out of the bed. And I basically have to fight to walk again. Someone has to hold my hand and support me while I walk. The nerves in my legs go berserk and they wobble, and after about 10 to 15 feet the pain in my back, and the breathing obstruction from the brace is all I can do right now. I have to do this for 20 weeks without surgery. After 20 weeks if the vertabraes doesnt fuse back together or if it isnt to the doctors standards, then I will have to have surgery to cement them, which again, he said is risky, and Ill have another nice long recovery with that..All in all, it sounds really bad, but Im the most blessed man on this earth. I shouldnt have survived what happened, but I did, and I thank God every night for it. It was prayers from people like you and everybody on this site is the reason I get to get on here again, and I thank each and every one of you for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wow, crazy occurrence but SO glad that you came through that. It sounds like you have a long, hard road of recovery ahead of you but where this is a will, there is a way. Best of luck to you as you come through this. Your BGR family will be cheering you on and keeping you company every step of the way. You are truly blessed Tidehoss.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah its awesome to get to finally chat with you guys again..I dont care at all DW..I was on a railrunner and a loose roof bolt plate caught the back of my coveralls and my light cord, and pulled me on top of the railrunner, and it crushed me against the roof (it was a very low spot on the entry, about 12 to 14 inches from the battery pack I was on top of to the roof). It crushed, folded me in half, pulled me until the railrunner operator got over a hump. When it crushed and folded me, it broke one vertabrae on my spinal cord, which the doctors are afraid of doing surgery at this time. It crushed another vertabrae, broke three ribs, cracked my pelvis, tore a chunk out of my head (it was rubbing the roof), jammed my knee and broke my big toe. After that fun filled ride I was dumped into a water hole with crib blocks and wedges, and I think I may have gotten one of my broken ribs from a crib, whose to know though. I stayed in that water hole for about 15 mins until I had to pull myself out. The railrunner operator stayed there with me and covered me up until they tried to move me. Which is exactly what your NOT supposed to do. Who's to know that didnt do anymore damage. Anyways Im an MET, so I was trying not to panic and telling everybody what to do. And I told them to leave me as I was, to find a board. I got outside finally where it was 30* and I was soaked. I stayed there until the ambulance arrived, they cut my clothes off of me and took me to the hospital. When I arrived to the hospital my body temp was 93 or 94 degrees. Simple stuff like that, lol..the doctor told me I was one millimeter from being paralyzed and one inch from death. The grace of God saved me pal, seriously. I got to JCMC and was in ICU for four days and was fitted for a shell brace, which is the worst thing Ive ever had to wear in my life. It has to be fitted extremely snug so my spine wont be moving, but it makes it sickening to breathe when you have 3 broken ribs. I get nauseated everytime Ive put it on. I have several dead nerves and cant feel anything from my waist to around the top of my knees (around my butt, thighs, etc), although I do have the use of my well, you know, lol..Im hoping that Ill regain some of those nerves but I know I wont get all of them back, but it did a number on the nerves on my spinal cord. I have to lay in bed, and cant move at all. The neurosurgeon told me that one wrong move or wiggle and I would be paralyzed. I have to have someone roll me to one side to put the back of the brace on and then it has to be fastened before I can get out of the bed. And I basically have to fight to walk again. Someone has to hold my hand and support me while I walk. The nerves in my legs go berserk and they wobble, and after about 10 to 15 feet the pain in my back, and the breathing obstruction from the brace is all I can do right now. I have to do this for 20 weeks without surgery. After 20 weeks if the vertabraes doesnt fuse back together or if it isnt to the doctors standards, then I will have to have surgery to cement them, which again, he said is risky, and Ill have another nice long recovery with that..All in all, it sounds really bad, but Im the most blessed man on this earth. I shouldnt have survived what happened, but I did, and I thank God every night for it. It was prayers from people like you and everybody on this site is the reason I get to get on here again, and I thank each and every one of you for it.
Incredible story! I'm glad you have such a positive attitude!:Thumbs:

If ever there was a candidate for recovery I'd put my money on you ole buddy! :notworthy

Tough as nails!:redboxer:
I would disgrace my fellow Steeler Nation fans if I didnt blow a few broken bones and scratches off, lol..and Im tough as nails? Brother you are a veteran, and Ive always looked at veterans as my inspiration for any hardship I may encounter. You all are the ones that are tough as nails. Im just a man trying to make a living that got hurt doing it. But its because of people like you, our law enforcement officers and anybody trying to keep order in this ungrateful country that allow me to do so. Im just hoping that I heal and can get back to work. I cant stand this bed much longer, lol..but thanks buddy..
DevilsWin Wrote:Incredible story! I'm glad you have such a positive attitude!:Thumbs:

If ever there was a candidate for recovery I'd put my money on you ole buddy! :notworthy

Tough as nails!:redboxer:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dang 'Hoss. I didnt know this was going on until now but Ive not been able to get on here for a few days. You know youre one of my best buddies on this site and I always enjoy talkin to you. I will keep you in my prayers and just remember the LORD kept you with us because HE still has work for you to do. So you get better, I know its gonna be hard road and theres gonna be times your gonna get frustrated but just remember what Coach Noll said: "Whatever It Takes". If you need anything you know where Im at.
You are an amazing person. I have been praying for you and I will continue to pray for you. I hope you get better soon. Keep us updated.

Smile
You will be put on the church prayer list hoss speedy recovery and may God bless
get well soon.
Hey bro, I already chatted with ya on myspace. Hang in there and do what yer told, I know how hard headed you can be (lol), it comes natural to us men.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
thanks guys, lol yeah Redneck thats been one of the toughest parts of the whole thing..dont seem like I do anything right, but I get so restless..but again, I appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers. You all are awesome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hey old friend! Just want you to know that even though you are laid up I am still going to strike you out with my screwball! lol And please, don't even try to act like you are going to hit it in the lake...strike 3 is all I gotta say Smile Hope all is well!