Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet 16 - Round 2: Iroquois 46 - Montgomery Co. 37
Iroquois advances to the semi finals tomorrow night, but Montgomery Co. gave Iroquois all they could want.

Adia Mathies POG 14 pts, 6 Rebounds, 6 assists

It is the Raiders’ third trip to the semis in school history.
Tribe, you can take a breath now :biggrin:
Congratulations Iroquois and to Mathies for Player of the Game. Montgomery definitely dished out all that Iroquois could have handled there until the last few minutes. Good luck girls on this title run!
Congrats Iroquois & Congrats to Mathies on receiving Player Of The Game Honors!

Good Luck Iroquois in the rest of the tourney.
Both teams are very good. Both played very hard. Congrats Iroquois
Congrats Iroquis!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
3/13/2009
Iroquios 46
Montgomery Co. 37
Montgomery Co. 8 16 9 4 37

Iroquois 13 14 6 13 46

Sweet 16 at WKU
Quarterfinals
Montgomery Co. (28-4) -- Lee 11, Thompson 2, Prewitt 5, Webb 11, Garland 2, Jehlik 4, Colliver 2.
Iroquois (31-1) -- A.Mathies 4, Birdsong 12, Taylor 2, Ad.Mathies 14, Brown 4, Talbott 10.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Iroquois 46, Montgomery Co. 37: Adia Mathies scored 14 points to lead Iroquois. Meka Birdsong added 12 points for the Lady Raiders (31-1).

Iroquois will play Casey County today.

After a slow offensive start in the first quarter, Iroquois' Carmen Talbott ignited the team by scoring all of her 10 points in the first half. Her outburst helped the Lady Raiders to a 27-24 halftime lead.

The Lady Raiders were dealt a blow to their starting lineup early when Stafonia Taylor left the game just 1:32 into the first quarter with an apparent ankle injury.

"I knew that somebody off the bench was going to have to step up," Talbott said. "And me being the next person off the bench, that I was going to have to do that and I had to knock them shots down."

http://www.Cincinnati.com