Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barnhart vs. Gillispie.. interesting
http://www.kentucky.com/818/story/724533.html

I have burnt up kentucky.com today! But I just keep finding interesting articles. This was one of the things that made me raise my eyebrows:

'When a reporter suggested that any UK basketball coach is a public figure with public responsibilities, Gillispie said, "That wasn't on the job description." '

Isnt that sort've a given when you coach Kentucky basketball?

Interesting read.
Not to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure it's like that at most schools...
I ponder some stuff, and come up with some thoughts.. lol

There was a comment in that article that said something about if Billy was 32-0, then we wouldn't care about his personality, and that's definately true. But then he comes off and seems to have this bad attitude, and I think most people think that the players dont like him and that's what causing problems.

Then I think back, and I watched a video several weeks ago, and it showed Billy's new house, and he had some video games and stuff, and he said the team comes over and hangs out and play video games at his house. So apparently, he's doing something right. They all seem to really love him. Maybe he just needs time to get his own team in there. But he's going to have to accept that being a 'public figure' is definately in the 'job description' when you're coaching UK.

That was my random thoughts for the night.
No, no bubbles are burst here. I just thought it was interesting, considering the situation we're in. Billy doesn't want to be a public figure in the state with the craziest bball fans. While Barnhart sees that as very important. I'm sure that will play a factor into what goes on in the offseason. Just thought it was an interesting read that I would share. I like Billy, and I think we should give him a chance. This year has been bad, but I'm willing to give him time.
DeuceUL Wrote:Not to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure it's like that at most schools...

:Thumbs: It is
Brittany0121 Wrote:No, no bubbles are burst here. I just thought it was interesting, considering the situation we're in. Billy doesn't want to be a public figure in the state with the craziest bball fans. While Barnhart sees that as very important. I'm sure that will play a factor into what goes on in the offseason. Just thought it was an interesting read that I would share. I like Billy, and I think we should give him a chance. This year has been bad, but I'm willing to give him time.

BCG is no different than any coach. He want's his PLAYERS to get the attention, and his job is to deflect the negative stuff. BCG has never shied away. This is the same at any other big program across the country.
I'm hearing he's resigning after the season...said the job is overwelming and he wasn't ready for it.
Tin Cup Wrote:I'm hearing he's resigning after the season...said the job is overwelming and he wasn't ready for it.

Cmon, anybody that knows BCG knows he would have never made such a comment. This guy is maybe too prideful for his own taste, so he would have never made such a statement!
Tin Cup Wrote:I'm hearing he's resigning after the season...said the job is overwelming and he wasn't ready for it.

Where have you heard this from?