Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
84.15%
Johnson Central
15.85%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley vs. Johnson Central (15th semifinals)
MonsterMan Wrote:I will post this and I am sure it will be blasted by the Pike Co folk, but here goes.

It looks like SV already has the engraver making not only the Region trophy but the State Trophy. Guys you still have games to play! I know the Pike Co crowd and SV crowd will tell me where I am wrong with 20 posts but this is my opinion.

I'm not sure where you or anyone else gets the idea that SV thinks they have the regional or state title already won. The players know they have to play their best if they want to win, and if not then they might go home early. The only ones I see making outlandish claims about SV being the "best in the state" are fans of other schools like you, who have a chip on their shoulder regarding Shelby Valley. The SV fans want their team to beat JC and most of these fans think they will, but no one is suggesting that Valley just shows up and the game will be given to them.

You were correct on one thing, that this post would find disagreement from some other posters on here. Perhaps that's because you knew that there was something in your post that would stir up the SV fans...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SV really hasn't impressed me to much this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see JC pull this one out, When is the game?
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
I really think Johnson Central will keep a close game up to the 4th quarter. Both teams have great athleticism, but Shelby Valley has too much talent.

End of the 3rd:
Shelby Valley - 64
Johnson Central - 59

End of regulation:
Shelby Valley - 81
Johnson Central - 67
My analysis for ANY chance at a JC win:
1. JK Hall must be on the floor every second that Elisha is, for defense and to provide a scoring threat.
2. The Brattons must play every minute possible...Jeremy for another athletic scoring threat and Tanner to bust up on the 4-5 big guys for Valley.
3. Ian and JK need to be the only ones to touch the ball in the backcourt trying to beat the Valley press.
4. Hope that Ashley Hatfield somehow doesn't go off like he started out the game against BL. I think Ian can do a good job on him, so maybe there is hope in that regard.
5. Parker must hit his first couple of shots to keep his confidence up. The first time we see his patented "glance down to the floor and head shake", the game is over. Period. People can yell "athleticism, athleticsm, athleticsm." In big games, this team's success has to revolve around Parker and his offensive execution. If he goes, the team goes. If not, you are looking at a 40-50 point/per game team offensively. And I think we all know what 50 points will get you against Valley.

This Valley team is unbelievable. In my opinion they rival any 15th region team in the past 15-20 years easily. Justice is phenominal at everything he does. Logan Bryant is my favorite, most exciting player in the Mtns to watch. Hatfield, in my opinion, is the best offensive player on the team. Adams' size of course, is a great asset. Tackett and the other big guys are go-to guys on just about any other team in the region.

That being said, from a JC fan, Valley by 36. 78-42. :yikes:
Good luck, guys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I doubt that it's 36..........I said 12 last night, but after a nights rest....and a bacon sandwich on toast, I think it's less than my original prediction....
Spartan4Life Wrote:SV really hasn't impressed me to much this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see JC pull this one out, When is the game?

Beat the #1 team in the state at the time, All A State Title, Never lost a game when their PG was healthy, they didn't impress you? I think you're just trying to make some people mad.
Spartan4Life Wrote:SV really hasn't impressed me to much this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see JC pull this one out, When is the game?

You must not have watched them any this season.

1. All A State Championship (First in Pike Co. history)
2. Beat #1 team in state.
3. Won 20 straight games.

I mean yes they can be beat but to say they haven't been impressive is laughable.
Sv By 20
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:You must not have watched them any this season.

1. All A State Championship (First in Pike Co. history)
2. Beat #1 team in state.
3. Won 20 straight games.

I mean yes they can be beat but to say they haven't been impressive is laughable.

3. Won 21 straight games
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
The OT's crystal ball says Valley by 22.... too much pressure and the margin might be more but some bench players get in late and Central closes the gap some.....
PC_You_Know Wrote:Beat the #1 team in the state at the time, All A State Title, Never lost a game when their PG was healthy, they didn't impress you? I think you're just trying to make some people mad.

Lost to Knott Co. Should have lost to Perry. Perry led the entire game only to lose in the last few minutes with a healthy PG and at home. I see JC winning this game by 3. Go JC!!
zulu Wrote:Lost to Knott Co. Should have lost to Perry. Perry led the entire game only to lose in the last few minutes with a healthy PG and at home. I see JC winning this game by 3. Go JC!!
You never answered about the 1000 dollar bet giving 30 points, wanna make a little wager on this statement? Loser keeps off BGR for a week? You for JC so your team wont have to play Valley again?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:My analysis for ANY chance at a JC win:
1. JK Hall must be on the floor every second that Elisha is, for defense and to provide a scoring threat.
2. The Brattons must play every minute possible...Jeremy for another athletic scoring threat and Tanner to bust up on the 4-5 big guys for Valley.
3. Ian and JK need to be the only ones to touch the ball in the backcourt trying to beat the Valley press.
4. Hope that Ashley Hatfield somehow doesn't go off like he started out the game against BL. I think Ian can do a good job on him, so maybe there is hope in that regard.
5. Parker must hit his first couple of shots to keep his confidence up. The first time we see his patented "glance down to the floor and head shake", the game is over. Period. People can yell "athleticism, athleticsm, athleticsm." In big games, this team's success has to revolve around Parker and his offensive execution. If he goes, the team goes. If not, you are looking at a 40-50 point/per game team offensively. And I think we all know what 50 points will get you against Valley.

This Valley team is unbelievable. In my opinion they rival any 15th region team in the past 15-20 years easily. Justice is phenominal at everything he does. Logan Bryant is my favorite, most exciting player in the Mtns to watch. Hatfield, in my opinion, is the best offensive player on the team. Adams' size of course, is a great asset. Tackett and the other big guys are go-to guys on just about any other team in the region.

That being said, from a JC fan, Valley by 36. 78-42. :yikes:
Good luck, guys.

Some fan you are, predicting this margin of loss after you made this wonderful lineup, which is funny. Do you suggest that DALE,WHITAKER and CONLEY should stay home for this one. Best I remember in the belfry game these three players were Double digit scorers. Hall will turn the ball over so many times it won't be funny. I will say this the guards of JC will be tested.
SV by a margin of 20+
Ashley is just going to go off like he did against BL
EYESPYJC Wrote:Some fan you are, predicting this margin of loss after you made this wonderful lineup, which is funny. Do you suggest that DALE,WHITAKER and CONLEY should stay home for this one. Best I remember in the belfry game these three players were Double digit scorers. Hall will turn the ball over so many times it won't be funny. I will say this the guards of JC will be tested.
Ok.
I forgot...Weren't you like the greatest Junior Pro coach in the history of Paintsville? A Legend? It takes more than that on your resume` to be considered, so all this riding Tommy isn't doin ya much good, *******.
I think Shelby Valley will win, but will be closer than most think!! I say they win by 8 points! Good luck to both teams!!