Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Basketball next year
Anyone else think they will be unstoppable besides me? =)
Who besides me doesn't care about dUKe? Big Grin
Hmmm...Someone sounds a little jealous
Yeah, I want my team to be the number 1 seed every year and get knocked out of the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. Fact is, Duke gets all of this love from the media and builds them up to be so much better than what they are, then when they meet real teams in the tournament, they fizzle out.

Would I like for Kentucky to be a #1 seed in the tournament? Sure. Would I want them to be a 1 seed and lose before the first weekend is over? **** no. I would stick with my 11 seed and watch them lose in the first round. At least I don't expect anything out of them.
BCF4L Wrote:Yeah, I want my team to be the number 1 seed every year and get knocked out of the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. Fact is, Duke gets all of this love from the media and builds them up to be so much better than what they are, then when they meet real teams in the tournament, they fizzle out.
Would I like for Kentucky to be a #1 seed in the tournament? Sure. Would I want them to be a 1 seed and lose before the first weekend is over? **** no. I would stick with my 11 seed and watch them lose in the first round. At least I don't expect anything out of them.

I agree 100%.
Come on now guys keep it above the waist. Coach K is working on that he will get it all straightened out like he use to.
BCF4L Wrote:Yeah, I want my team to be the number 1 seed every year and get knocked out of the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. Fact is, Duke gets all of this love from the media and builds them up to be so much better than what they are, then when they meet real teams in the tournament, they fizzle out.

I agree
dUKe will be shutting down their basketball team due to mediocrity
Stardust Wrote:dUKe will be shutting down their basketball team due to mediocrity

LOL
BCF4L Wrote:Who besides me doesn't care about dUKe? Big Grin

Not I.:Thumbs:
I'll continue to say it, there is no dUKe discussion without UK being in the middle of it! :Thumbs:
Florida Sates up six at half time.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Florida Sates up six at half time.

So in otherwords, they may be shutting down the dUKe program before the end of this year?
Stardust Wrote:So in otherwords, they may be shutting down the dUKe program before the end of this year?

WOOOO
WHO CARES!? Can't spell dUKe without UK!
Duke won 84-81.
I wouldn't say they will be unstopable next year cause they will be. They lose Paulus and McClure, 2 great players who Duke really needs. Elliot Williams has step up big lately and hopefully he can keep it up next year as well. At least Duke will be better then UNC next year considering they lose Ty Lawson and Tyler hansboro. Duke will be great but not unstopable next year
DUKE Will be great next year cause im tellin ya kyle singler is a force not to be reckon with ..
Kyle Singler is a nipple pinching *** wipe. He fits the Duke mold perfectly, a floor slapping, man kissing, flop artist.

BCF4L Wrote:Who besides me doesn't care about dUKe? Big Grin

:theman:
DukeFan4life Wrote:DUKE Will be great next year cause im tellin ya kyle singler is a force not to be reckon with ..

if thats the case then why have they lost 5 games this year. he's the 3rd best player on his team.
:lmao:
BCF4L Wrote:Kyle Singler is a nipple pinching *** wipe. He fits the Duke mold perfectly, a floor slapping, man kissing, flop artist.

:lmao: You are so right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man if they don't get all the best talent coming in from high school, then they won't be that good. UK has a better recruiting class coming in. Alone with what UK has(if Meeks and Patterson stays)then I look for them to do as good or better then Duke. I might sound like a dumb*** but this is JMO.
better recruiting class? i wouldnt say that. You guys have a 5 star recruit in orton yes and hood is a good shooter, the other guy who knows. Duke has 2 5 stars coming in, which are Mcdonalds All Americans in Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee. The only way you guys have a better recruiting class coming in is if Lance Stephenson signs there.

And as for all you pUKe fan out there better start worrying bout your team this March cause its not looking to great for you guys right now.
A Cameron Crazy Wrote:better recruiting class? i wouldnt say that. You guys have a 5 star recruit in orton yes and hood is a good shooter, the other guy who knows. Duke has 2 5 stars coming in, which are Mcdonalds All Americans in Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee. The only way you guys have a better recruiting class coming in is if Lance Stephenson signs there.

And as for all you pUKe fan out there better start worrying bout your team this March cause its not looking to great for you guys right now.

Yep, even if our team loses in the 1st or second round some years, at least our team is getting in the tournament this year. I'd rather get knocked about by VMI in the 2nd round then be playing in the NIT.
A Cameron Crazy Wrote:better recruiting class? i wouldnt say that. You guys have a 5 star recruit in orton yes and hood is a good shooter, the other guy who knows. Duke has 2 5 stars coming in, which are Mcdonalds All Americans in Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee. The only way you guys have a better recruiting class coming in is if Lance Stephenson signs there.

What does stars have to do with basketball?
Duke is Puke
Benchwarmer Wrote:What does stars have to do with basketball?

Ranking system of High School Student Athletes. 1-5, 5 being the best, 1 being the worst. Next year duke IMO will hold all the hype until the end of the season and go 1 and out in the tourney or at least i hope :ChairHit:
A Cameron Crazy Wrote:Anyone else think they will be unstoppable besides me? =)
nope were going all the way