Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best RB ever to play at your school?
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Add Larry Paul Thornsberry to that list.. He was a pretty good back.. But he was only there for 2 years i think..

I didn't know he came from PCC -- CTD. I got to enjoy him at LC also. Was really a good back.
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:Sheldon Clark has had some good ones in the past. Rusty Whitt stands out in my mind as a good one, Moe Spradlin and Ben Delong were both also impressive. My personal favorite would have to be Brad Tiller though. He didn't play football his senior year, but he was as exciting as anyone I have ever laid eyes on. Probabley the fastest football player I have ever seen in person. I have seen a tape against Tug Valley where he touches the football 6 times and scores 6 touchdowns (He took a kickoff back to the house, but SC was flagged for clipping, and when they re-kicked he ran it back also. So only 5 of his touchdowns counted and he only gets credit for 5 touches as well, but he still scored 6 touchdowns on 6 touches). That was touches too, not carries, touches. He is without a doubt the best have ever seen.

MP

I'll have to ask Tiller about this. I work with him now and he never spoke of this game. Wants to talk about baseball all the time.Rolleyes
Rowan Co

1. Aaron Boyd - Rushed for around 5000 Yards for his career, His senior year in his last game rushed for 270 yards and 3 touchdowns, ran a kickoff back for a touchdown on a Fort Thomas Highlands team that was ranked 12 in the nation and won the state championship that year, and did it on thier starters. I swear i think they kept scoring on us just so they could watch him run. That is in 1996.

2. Marvin Adkins - I think he has the single season rushing record for rowan, he played in the 70's when the state was on the points system. I think they are the only team to ever go undefeated and not make the playoffs.