Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stenzel drawing a lot of interest
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

There are a lot of names thrown around when folks talk about the best young basketball player in the state of Kentucky.

Just don't forget to throw Robbie Stenzel into the mix.

The 6-foot-4 Stenzel averaged around 20 points a game as a freshman at Clark County and this season is averaging around 18 points and five assists a contest.

"He's a tremendous offensive player for a sophomore," Clark County coach Scott Humphrey said Friday after Stenzel dropped 34 points on Ballard.

Stenzel said the addition of Kentucky commitment Vinny Zollo has helped the team this season. Stenzel hits around 37 percent from three-point range.

"With some games, I am pleased," Stenzel said. "I have not been shooting as good as I did last year, I need to get into the gym more. But it's been a good season for us."

Humphrey said the college interest has really picked up for Stenzel, noting "you name a school and they are interested."

Morehead State and Georgetown College have already offered, while Oklahoma State, Mississippi State and Mississippi are among the schools showing a ton of interest. Stenzel, who grew up a North Carolina fan said he recently received his first letter from the Tar Heels and "that made me smile pretty big."

"I just want to play hard and see what happens this summer and see who looks at me," he said.
Hopefully UK can land him.
He's already a sophmore. too old for BCG to recruit...lol
Good luck to Robbie, I think he is a real good player with a bright future!!
He's a lot better than Zollo.
I saw him play as a real young kid....like a 7-8-9 year old league. His ball handling was phenomenal even at that age.