Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
58th District Tourney Predictions - Broadcast: www.ekbsports.com & 104.5/960 TALK
Thoughts???

Starts on Tuesday, Feb. 24th

Betsy Layne vs. Allen Central

Wednesday, Feb. 25th

Prestonsburg vs. South Floyd

Finals are Friday, Feb. 27th
Champion - Betsy Layne
Runner-Up: Prestonsburg

Betsy Layne and Prestonsburg split the two regular season games. Prestonsburg won at home by 17, Betsy Layne won in the dome by 20. I think the Bobcats have ahuge advantage playing the tournament at home.
I see BL beating AC by 25-30.. Pburg beating SF by 25.. Then BL beating Pburg by 10 in the championship. I would say Pburg would win if it was on their home floor, but with it being at the dome, BL has a huge advantage.
IMO, both games will be closer than expected. Not going to predict my winners just yet.

Keys for the upsets...
1. Allen Central has to keep the game low scoring, as Betsy Layne has lost most of their games scoring under 55pts in those games.

2. South Floyd also has to keep the game low scoring, as P-burg has lost most of their games when held under 60pts.

With that said, AC and SF has to slow the tempo down in order to have a chance.

AC has to keep BL off the offense boards, one shot and out!
SF has to knockdown outside shots and attack the basket when given the chance.
AC needs to maybe play a box and one and take Martin completely out of the game.SF needs to do something along that line with Tackett and Burchett.
Both AC and SF has to get their opponents in foul trouble, somewhat.
SF also has to keep P-burg off the boards.
AC has to get a big game from someone other than Stumbo.
SF has to limit TO's, to 14 or less. AC needs to do the same.

But, it all boils down to who wants it more...
Betsy Layne and Prestonburg advance to Region
where is the tourney at?
Homer Simpson Wrote:where is the tourney at?

Betsy Layne's Dome Gym.
Homer Simpson Wrote:where is the tourney at?

Betsy Layne
Betsy Layne wins it at the DOME!
BL over AC by 20
Pbu rg over SF by 20
Pburg over BL by 4 in Dist Champ. game
I think that Prestonsburg & Betsy Layne will struggle in their opening round games, but still advance to the finals. The championship game should be a dandy, but I'll take BL at home.

Prove me wrong Blackcats!
I think Pburg and BL will advance to play for the district title. I think this game will be closer than the previous two meetings as Pburg won at home by 17 and BL won at home by 20. I think this game will be a 5 to 10 point game. I hope as many people turn out for this game as they did in '06 when these 2 teams played and also hope for the same results!
Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne advance to the championship game easily.

I predict the Bobcats will be crowned champions of the 58th after all is said and done.

Prestonsburg will give them a great game, though.

Good luck to all teams!
Home court advantage, Betsy Layne in a close game in finals over

Prestonsburg.
uhavenoidea Wrote:IMO, both games will be closer than expected. Not going to predict my winners just yet.

Keys for the upsets...
1. Allen Central has to keep the game low scoring, as Betsy Layne has lost most of their games scoring under 55pts in those games.

2. South Floyd also has to keep the game low scoring, as P-burg has lost most of their games when held under 60pts.

With that said, AC and SF has to slow the tempo down in order to have a chance.

AC has to keep BL off the offense boards, one shot and out!
SF has to knockdown outside shots and attack the basket when given the chance.
AC needs to maybe play a box and one and take Martin completely out of the game.SF needs to do something along that line with Tackett and Burchett.
Both AC and SF has to get their opponents in foul trouble, somewhat.
SF also has to keep P-burg off the boards.
AC has to get a big game from someone other than Stumbo.
SF has to limit TO's, to 14 or less. AC needs to do the same.

But, it all boils down to who wants it more...

Who would have ever thought AC and SF would want/need to play a slow tempo game.
Betsy Layne defeats Prestonsburg in a close one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
I look for the opening round games to be close but think SF has a better chance for the upset as they gave Pburg a good game at Pburg. That said I think BL and Pburg meet in the finals with BL taking a close game to win the 58th in the dome. Pburg in the past and earlier this year have had their struggles when palying in the dome, no matter who the opponent is.
BL wins the 58th for the first time in (I think) 16 years!
100%SUCCESS Wrote:BL wins the 58th for the first time in (I think) 16 years!
It'd be their first since 1992. That may be 17 years by my math! :thatsfunn
In the Betsy Layne vs. Allen Central game...

I see, Betsy Layne getting off to a slow start, trailing at the end of the 1st. Then blowing the doors open, leading to an 18pt. win over AC.

BL- 66
AC- 48