Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense at LAWRENCE COUNTY??
Can anyone tell LAWRENCE CO.fans why they only play man defense??
sportfan Wrote:Can anyone tell LAWRENCE CO.fans why they only play man defense??

Is Coach Gillispie giving the orders?:Clap:
Man defense is the best defense to keep the game uptempo and to put pressure on shooters. Sagging back in a zone would leave shooters open and leave holes for offense rebounds. With LC's quick guards, man defense is the best choice.
From what I have seen they need to go to a zone defense because they dont rebound very good at all on the defensive end.
Do you think they will stay in man Tuesday night? You may see a different D out of them at some point in the game then.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Man defense will get them ate alive if they try to play it against Valley, you can't run man against one of the best backcourts in the state.
NIKE2010 Wrote:From what I have seen they need to go to a zone defense because they dont rebound very good at all on the defensive end.

What makes you think they would rebound better out of a zone defense. In a zone your responsible for a area not a player. It is much harder to rebound out of a zone defense.
Did I watch the same Lawrence County team yesterday?? They disguised their "man" defense well as a 1-3-1 for a good part of the game...
BCLions Wrote:What makes you think they would rebound better out of a zone defense. In a zone your responsible for a area not a player. It is much harder to rebound out of a zone defense.
If they try to play man, it will either be layups by the guards, or layups by the big men for Valley. I cant see LC being able to match up with Valley to even play man for more than a few minutes
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:If they try to play man, it will either be layups by the guards, or layups by the big men for Valley. I cant see LC being able to match up with Valley to even play man for more than a few minutes

I dont disagree with that, but to say they would rebound better out of a zone is just stupid.