• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 53 - Henry County 26
Final.
Congrats Valley!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Congrats Valley and keep it up!

Any stats available?
I'm predicting for this lopsided of a game Elisha had atleast 20.
Awesome..... Way to make the 15th region proud....
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm predicting for this lopsided of a game Elisha had atleast 20.

I was listening to the game, and I believe they said Elisha wasn't shooting too well tonight....only had 8 or 10 points and they all came in the first half.

Henry County only had 3 points at the half, and no field goals. All 3 points were foul shots.

Congrats to the Wildcats. First state tourney win in school history!

Go Valley!
Go Wildcats
All 15 players got to play in the game, so kudos to the SV coaches for that one. Great memories.

Sounded like Curby Tackett had a great game for the Wildcats--lots of hustle. The radio announcers talked a lot about him tonight, but when they mentioned his performance to Booher in the post-game interview, Coach did not acknowledge Tackett. It almost seemed like he didn't want to give him any credit at all. But, then again, Booher didn't really give any individual praise on the radio.

Also sounded like Cody Varney played well...there's two good guys coming in off the bench.

Don't have the stats, but scoring was pretty well distributed. I think Hatfield was the only player in double digits.
all-or-nothing Wrote:All 15 players got to play in the game, so kudos to the SV coaches for that one. Great memories.

Sounded like Curby Tackett had a great game for the Wildcats--lots of hustle. The radio announcers talked a lot about him tonight, but when they mentioned his performance to Booher in the post-game interview, Coach did not acknowledge Tackett. It almost seemed like he didn't want to give him any credit at all. But, then again, Booher didn't really give any individual praise on the radio.

Also sounded like Cody Varney played well...there's two good guys coming in off the bench.

Don't have the stats, but scoring was pretty well distributed. I think Hatfield was the only player in double digits.

If those two can have good tournament play, Valley can go far.
Not a well played game by SV, shot poorly from the free throw line and 3 point line. Defense won the game, had a lot of steals and press defense caused a lot of turnovers, I think the total turnovers for HC was 30+. HC also outrebounded SV and we had a great height advantage. Maybe the lay-off between games had something to do with the less than average play.
Yes Shelby Valley will need big play from their bench, especially if a Elliot county matchup is in their future. I was suprised to see such a low score from Valley, but I guess everyone has low scoring nights.
THE SOURCE Wrote:Yes Shelby Valley will need big play from their bench, especially if a Elliot county matchup is in their future. I was suprised to see such a low score from Valley, but I guess everyone has low scoring nights.

You can't score 80 on a team that holds the ball for 30 seconds a possession.
wtg valley
the reason valley got out rebounded was because henry county didnt attempt many shots
i think atoms really needs to be more aggressive he plays way to soft
and according to the radio broadcasters he didnt hustle after the ball very much tonight i wasnt there so i really dont know .but all the same it was a great win for valley
Congrats to SV!! Who will they be playing? I haven't heard who won the Danville vs N.C.C. game. Anyone know? Thanks for the info!!
Congrats Shelby Valley!
Where is justabballfan, I thought HC wins easily by 12.
the game will be tomorrow at 1:30
alleycat53 Wrote:Where is justabballfan, I thought HC wins easily by 12.

He sure has gotten quiet.
sportzfan Wrote:He sure has gotten quiet.

I'm right here, sure glad I had changed my prediction though. It sounds like SV has a very good defensive team, but they will definetly have to pick up their shooting percentage and rebounding because things will get tougher. I guess I will got out on a limb though and say they will against NCC. I'll take SV in this one by 16. :Thumbs:
Shelby Valley needs to do something about their free throw shooting or they won't be advancing to far in the tournament. I don't understand how a team so talented can only go 6-17 from the line in any game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The times I have seen Shelby Valley this year they have played a lot zone. I didn't see this All A game. Once again if a Elliot County matchup is apon us I don't think the zone is going to work all the great with the great shooters and ball handlers that Elliot County has.
I would imagine after holding Henry County scoreless for so long, Booher might not have wanted to "show his cards." I wasn't there, but it sure doesn't sound like the Valley team we know. Strategy, maybe?
all-or-nothing Wrote:I would imagine after holding Henry County scoreless for so long, Booher might not have wanted to "show his cards." I wasn't there, but it sure doesn't sound like the Valley team we know. Strategy, maybe?

Couldn't tell ya, but I don't look to far into Booher's coaching because he's been nothing but blessed with awesome teams ever since he took over the Valley job.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Couldn't tell ya, but I don't look to far into Booher's coaching because he's been nothing but blessed with awesome teams ever since he took over the Valley job.
True. Very true.
Nice win for SV