Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Mayo & Bill Walker to Rose Hill?
Any information about Oj and Bill moving? rumors or is any of it factual?
Ive heard that there trying to come back to Rose hill but no actual proof of it...Some people have said that theyve tried but rose hill wont allow them? which is kind of hard to believe, but if you get any updates let me know
I've been reading about the Mayo/Walker "transfer" for a few days. Go to jjhuddles.com. This is an Ohio High SChool Sports forum. There are some pretty interesting threads there. It will also give you a link to a couple of news websites with information on the altercation at NCHS that started this rumor.
Thanks for the info wow..
Sorry!!

That should be jjhuddle.com
WOW This would be a shocker!! I could see RH being the 16th region champs if this happened
I remember the basketball games between Rose Hill and Ashland when I was a student. The atmosphere was amazing. What a coincidence that two of Ashland's star basketball players (and football players) attended Rose Hill at the same time as Mayo and Co.
This is a big time rumor up here in Cincy. There is practically no word from their "handlers" which is unusual.
are they getting in any trouble, because if they arent i dont see them coming back.
Actually I heard back during last season when they made their tour through WV and came back home that they were possibly going to come back but not to Rose Hill but to Huntington High. Apparently they had made the comment that they would like to finish their high school run with the kids they grew up with playing street ball. If these two had been with Huntington last year you talk about one heck of a team because they were very good rank in the top three most of the year in WV last year. I can't remember if they ended up winning the title in WV last year or not but if those two had still been at home they certainly would have.

But since school has already started I guess this didn't happen now your saying your hearing rumors of a move back this way. I just don't see how or why after the school year has started.

Maybe I need to read the JJhuddle stories to make since of it. Be right back.
Ohio's version of KHSAA - appears to have some pretty loose rules. If memory serves me correctly Ohio has/had an open enrollment policy. Which means you can enroll anywhere in the state. The state was trying to push schools into more academic acheivement by allowing these transfers/open enrollment. Supposedly the schools would have to be more competitive to attract the top students. Of course this was a few years ago, I am assuming it is still correct.

Now we have all this talk about "handlers" and "guardians". We also apparently have pseudo uncles and grandfathers. Apparently this is all acceptable in Ohio's High School athletics. KHSAA appears to frown on this. However, I'm sure the occasional player slips through the crack.
It would be great to have the two top junior players in the nation to play basketball in Kentucky
"-STAT-32" Wrote:It would be great to have the two top junior players in the nation to play basketball in Kentucky
While I agree with you, these kids need some stability in their loves, you can't teach them the lesson that oh, if you get in trouble, you can just run away.
Send em to Oak Hill until they can get drafted like all the others.
Just spoke with some of my co-workers from WVA that live in the Huntington High district and they're starting to hear more rumors of OJ and Bill both coming back to Huntington so maybe this story isn't over with yet and maybe my source knew a little more than I thought last year. It would still surprise me if they come back at this time of year but if the JJ Huddle stories were correct about the trouble they got into I could understand that a little more.
I heard Rose Hill is on Lynn Camp's schedule, they are fairly close to my area They could have a large gate if those two came to play.
Not going to Rose Hill and its still up in the air if they're going anywhere.

On JJhuddle they're saying that they were both suspended along with others. Walker received 5 days and Mayo received 10 days. Not sure how or if this will effect their playing time. Since they've not been expelled expect them to stay at NCH.
Has anyone heard yet for sure what school they are at.