Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seed all post season play?
Should Ky. seed HS post season play? Pros & Cons, thoughts & comments.
I personally like the blind draw, but it probably set's up the best two teams to square off prior to the championship game.

What do you use to seed, the rankings?

How many of the NCAA's top 16 ranked teams make it to the second week of the tournament? It would still be subject to someone else's opinion.
Because the top two teams go to the region, the districts should be seeded. But from that point on a blind draw. In non seeded district play I have seen a bad team get lucky and beat a top team in the first game of the district and the championship game be a laugher.
mchs78 Wrote:Because the top two teams go to the region, the districts should be seeded. But from that point on a blind draw. In non seeded district play I have seen a bad team get lucky and beat a top team in the first game of the district and the championship game be a laugher.
So if it was a seeded tourney, a bad team cant knock off the top team?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
i like the blind draw better.jmo
In a 5 team district like the 57th one team gets a first round draw. I think this should be earned by the best district record.
Stardust Wrote:I personally like the blind draw, but it probably set's up the best two teams to square off prior to the championship game.

What do you use to seed, the rankings?

How many of the NCAA's top 16 ranked teams make it to the second week of the tournament? It would still be subject to someone else's opinion.

I like the draw too. I agree with you 100%.
IMO seeding is best. It gives meaning to regular season matchups. They are playing for something, a 1 seed! BUT district only! Seeding in the region or state is open to numerous interpretations. Look at all the polls now. Whose poll would you use to seed the state tournament. Are we going to start a RPI like the NCAA does?
I want a seed in the 54th so Hazard can't get outa playing Perry every year for there "safety."
Seeding should be done for every district. That's why you play those teams during the season for the Number 1 Seed. If I was a coach and my district went with blind draw, what advantage do I have playing district games. I would play other competition and the first district match up I would have would be in district tourny.

I definately think the 54th should be seeded. I always thought (and correct me if I'm wrong) the Hazard and PCC were for seeding and the other teams liked the draw. The draw most often helps the other schools. Traditionally, PCC and Hazard are the teams to beat in the 54th and the other schools stand the best chance to make a regional if PCC and Hazard meet in the 1st round. And so often they do meet to early. They are the best example why seeding is best.
Seed.