Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freshmen and JV teams
Which schools have jv and frehsmen teams?
Betsy Layne has a j.v. team.
Belfry has a freshman and JV both.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Lawrence Co has both.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Russell also has both.
Pike Central has a J.V. and we had a freshman team but we never played freshman games
mullinstiger55 Wrote:Pike Central has a J.V. and we had a freshman team but we never played freshman games
Why not? Would it serve a purpose getting thos players time on the field against players their age. This would have a chance to make the higher level teams better.
Prestonsburg has both.
Bell Co has both and the play a full shedule.
Amped 88 Wrote:Bell Co has both and the play a full shedule.
This has to have help them become as good as they are when they play on FRIDAY. Bell seems to field a good team every season.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:This has to have help them become as good as they are when they play on FRIDAY. Bell seems to field a good team every season.

Kids get alot of experience through this. The JV team hasn't lost a game in 3 years that I know of.
Amped 88 Wrote:Kids get alot of experience through this. The JV team hasn't lost a game in 3 years that I know of.
This should be a blue print for all of the schools who are not doing it but have the means to do it.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Which schools have jv and frehsmen teams?

Powell has a JV.
Campbell County has both. The 2008 Freshman went 9-1, the JV went 9-0.

http://www.campbellcountyfootball.com/results.htm
Amped 88 Wrote:Kids get alot of experience through this. The JV team hasn't lost a game in 3 years that I know of.

I've heard several people mention that Coach Hilton really doesn't put an emphasis on freshman and JV games.
Most all NKY schools have Freshman & JV teams
Patriot Wrote:I've heard several people mention that Coach Hilton really doesn't put an emphasis on freshman and JV games.

That is where those kids get developed so that they can help out the varsity when they are called upon. Coach Hilton puts alot of emphasis on these two teams this is where they get the fundamentals of the game.
Specifically the games are what I am speaking of. That he doesn't put a lot of stock into the actual games.
Patriot Wrote:Specifically the games are what I am speaking of. That he doesn't put a lot of stock into the actual games.

Winning no. But the actual game yes he does becuase the fundamentals iswhat is taught and the winning usually comes with it.
Pikeville had both last year and played a full schedule
Fleming County has both and they play a full schedule for each.
Lcc Has Both
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Why not? Would it serve a purpose getting thos players time on the field against players their age. This would have a chance to make the higher level teams better.

well most freshmans start jv: D