Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis Co. 68 - Russell 43
Russell 8 9 7 19 43

Lewis Co. 18 17 17 16 68

Russell -- Boyd 3, Ross 6, Taylor 8, Scaggs 3, Stapleton 5, Hogg 1, Alexander 11, Whitaker 4, May 2.
Lewis Co. -- Kilgore 2, Witten 8, Smith 4, Downing 5, Kennard 1, Pruitt 11, Kropper 5, Thompson 11, Riley 21.
Surprised at this margin. Congrats LC!
Never be surprised with a score from a Russell basketball game this season.
Just an absolute terrible road team, it's where their youth and inexperiance really shows up.
Way to go boys. Now get ready for SC.
Russell will get better in the coming years
Congrats Lewis Co.
Was very suprised with the margin, asst. coach @ Raceland said Lewis was up by 30+ early in 4th and had subs in very early in 4Q. How did the JV game come out, both varsity teams play a lot of underclassman, and both teams play some very young kids on JV??
riverrat11 Wrote:Was very suprised with the margin, asst. coach @ Raceland said Lewis was up by 30+ early in 4th and had subs in very early in 4Q. How did the JV game come out, both varsity teams play a lot of underclassman, and both teams play some very young kids on JV??

I think there's more underclassman on the varsity than the JV.
riverrat11 Wrote:Was very suprised with the margin, asst. coach @ Raceland said Lewis was up by 30+ early in 4th and had subs in very early in 4Q. How did the JV game come out, both varsity teams play a lot of underclassman, and both teams play some very young kids on JV??

I know Russell starts an 8th grader on varsity, and also has a 8th grader starting on JV. West has an 8th grader that plays on JV. Heard Lewis had a 7th grader that played on JV team also.
Comet08 Wrote:I know Russell starts an 8th grader on varsity, and also has a 8th grader starting on JV. West has an 8th grader that plays on JV. Heard Lewis had a 7th grader that played on JV team also.

I have watched Skaggs (Russell's 8th grader) play since he was in elem. school as early as 4th/5th grade. He was a good athelete back then and you knew he was going to be a good player, but his basketball skills have come a very long way. He will be something special before he gets out of high school.
I heard from a assistant coach's brother in law's sister's cousin that the 7th grader on jv scored 11 pts in the jv game. That is pretty darn good congratulations to that young man.
Congrats to Lewis on the win.
Muskie13 Wrote:I have watched Skaggs (Russell's 8th grader) play since he was in elem. school as early as 4th/5th grade. He was a good athelete back then and you knew he was going to be a good player, but his basketball skills have come a very long way. He will be something special before he gets out of high school.

ESPECIALY IF HE GETS THE SKAGGS HT. HIS DAD IS AT 6'5 THE SHORTEST OF THE BROTHERS.[ WOULD LOVED FOR HIM TO CONTINUE PLAYING FBALL. DOMINATE AT RUNNING BACK THE ONE YEAR HE PLAYED]