Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 37 Sheldon Clark 12 Final
May 68 Yards 3TDS

Maynard 78 yard kickoff return.
Congrats to the Pirates.
Way to go Belfry
Another good win for Belfry. Don't look too far ahead, but Russell is in the future I forsee.
Pirates has clinched another district title. WTG Pirates.
Good job pirates I knew you had it in ya from the get go
Way to go Pirates :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Congrats Belfry!
torQQue Wrote:Pirates has clinched another district title. WTG Pirates.

They still have to get a win at Valley....nothing clinched yet...let's say Valley does the unthinkable, beats P-burg and then pulls the biggest upset in their school's history by beating Belfry at The wildcat's den the last week in October. You would have a 3 way tie for the #1 spot between Belfry,Sheldon Clark, and the Wildcats of Shelby Valley....imagine that!
Glad to see Belfry be able to get the win tonight without playing thier best game. The Pirates just didnt look very sharp at all tonight. Congrats Pirates on the win and congrats to Sheldon Clark on a great game!
Didint SC keep it close for a while and then turnovers got the best of them.
War Chief Wrote:They still have to get a win at Valley....nothing clinched yet...let's say Valley does the unthinkable, beats P-burg and then pulls the biggest upset in their school's history by beating Belfry at The wildcat's den the last week in October. You would have a 3 way tie for the #1 spot between Belfry,Sheldon Clark, and the Wildcats of Shelby Valley....imagine that!

Ya.. That would be a major upset. But anythings possible on friday nights. Thats why they play the games. I didnt mean to state it like SV didnt have a shot a beating the Pirates. I just though that mathmatically Belfry Clinched tonight. That would be a interesting outcome the way you have it drawn out.
Congrats to the Pirates...I always love to see my 2nd favorite team win, unless they are playing my Panthers...which by the way can you let us win one next year?...lol. Keep rolling along Pirates...that Russell-Belfry game is going to be a dandy and yes I feel pretty positive that the game will take place.
[QUOTE="eleveneleven"]Didint SC keep it close for a while and then turnovers got the best of them.[/QUOTE

yeah they were definitely fired up and some poor play by Belfry let them keep it clost till late in the game.......the cardinals dominated the 3rd quarter on a long td drive that ate up almost 10 minutes and got them right back in the game.this came after a belfry td that brought the 1st half to an end, they didnt give up though and shut the Pirates down on thier first drive of the 2nd half and made it a ball game again with that td drive.
Keep on keepin' on Pirates!!!
Congratulations to Belfry and the rest of the Pond Creek Nation.
A very physical game on both sides. Congads go out to Belfry. What they have done at Pond Creek is amazing. Haywood should be comended for his play calling and his prepiration, but everyone in the state has come to expect no less from this legend. He is a class act that has built this program the right way. Both teams played with ALOT of emotion, you could tell that a district championship was on the line, and both teams were very prepared. SC caught a couple of breaks tonight but could not take advantage of them, and Belfry took advantage of their breaks so they walk away winners. There is nothing for SC to hang their heads about they fought hard the whole game and could walk out of locker room knowing they gave it their best shot. I have to mention Harless's performance for SC (#5). I thought he played one of his better games tonight. He seemed to be in on a bunch of tackles and did not shy away from the big game atmosphere. Congrads to Belfry on the district championship and I hope to see you again this year.

On a side not this was my first trip to the new stadium and I have never been to a nicer high school field. I have played at Putnam & Beechwood both, and attended games at The Stadium of Champions (Danville High School) but the new home of the Pirates is without adoubt the nicest facility I have ever layed eyes on for a high school field. The Belfry community is a class act. They treatd us SC fans with respect and I was very impressed that sucess has not went to their heads. :thumb:
What was the score at the end of each quarter does anyone know?
Keep up the good work Pirates and bring home that championship.
svballfan Wrote:What was the score at the end of each quarter does anyone know?

i am pretty sure it was:
1st- 13-6
2nd- 23-6
3rd- 23-12
4th- 37-12

i think thats how it was but not real sure
Congrats to belfry on another good win againt i decent Sheldon Clark team.. The game was closer then the score was at the end of the night.. i thought sheldon clark captured the momentum coming out of the locker room in the second half but couldnt take control of the game.. Belfry just to much for the young cardinal team.. Go win for the pirates
Quality win against a solid oponent tongiht for Belfry. Maynard continues to impress and our defense continues to play solid.

I have been thinking about why this Pirate team has been so surprising this year and I think that three big reasons are evident:

1. Special Teams- we rreally are a pretty solid special teams football squad this year. We have gamebreakers returning the ball, solid kicking, and unlike previous years I don't hold my breath everytime the other teams gets the football on a kickoff.

2. Quadruple Threat Wishbone- no offense to Warren but he was not an offensive threat last year,, he was there to hand the ball off and not make mistakes. Phillips is progressing nicely and bring the threat of making a play in the air or with his feet now.

3. Defensive Team Speed- we have some quick and aggressive defensive players who may be overmatched in size but have big play potential.... I am confident in our secondary, we have a very good noseguard, and a pair of excellent DE's.
It sounded like on the radio that SC was really really close of pinning Belfry on the ropes after Harless's INT during the 3rd. With the game at a fairly close 23-12 score SC came up with a big turnover but for some reason I forgot what Belfry did to stop them(might have been an INT by SC). But anyways congrats to the Pirates and bring EKY another state title home.
does anyone know how adam dials did in this game for sc?
Great job Pirates!!! No one expected much this season, but you really have proven alot of people wrong. That just goes to show that anything is possible when you have 100% teamwork and a coaching staff that is hands down the best I've seen! These boys may not play a perfect game every friday, but the growing never stops.
PROUD TO BE A PIRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was the greatest Wrote:does anyone know how adam dials did in this game for sc?

I remember his name being called alot that night. He is one of the stars at SC IMO...
he is just a sophmore but sc has a bright future with dials, hensley, kelly and harless can't wait till they play belfry again!!

were the teams respected by each other friday night what i mean is was it a clean game??