Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath Co. 60 - Russell 50
Great effort by Russell. I thought this one would be a blowout on paper.

FBALL - any details?

Bath Co. 16 11 18 15 60

Russell 11 11 8 20 50

Bath Co. (12-2) -- Maze 10, Mabry 5, Smith 2, Metz 22, Trusty 9, Roberts 8, Lyons 4.
Russell (2-12) -- Ross 12, Taylor 7, Skaggs 8, Stapleton 13, Alexander 6, McKenzie 2, Davidson 2.

http://www.kentucky.com/601/story/613193...PIorderBy=
I just got back from this game and was getting ready to post the score.

Russell did compete in this game. They need to grow up and learn to do that on a consistant basis. Bath County is a good, very phyiscal team that plays extemely hard on defense. Russell played decent but just could not match up to the strength and size of Metz, Maze and Trusty.

It was kind of an ugly game and the officiating wasn't very good. Both ways. The refs were very inconsistant. Really I think took both teams out of any flow. Gritty game by both teams though. It was physical out there.
I was at the game. Russell went stone cold in the 3rd quarter,and shot poory from the line. I think the phisical play of Bath wore young devils out. Hope they get some rest tonight,they have a winable road trip to Fleming tomorow.
That is one thing that has really hurt Russell this year. It seems like they all was have one quarter or at least a prolonged cold streak that usually puts them in a hole.

The halftime score was 27-22 I think. That cold third quarter got the lead up to double digits for Bath County. Of course Bath's sticky defense had something to do with that cold spurt. They really get up and gaurd you in the half court. You have to physically match them and take advantage of it going to the basket.
Russell has some decent shooters,they just aren't tallented enough to get open by themselves of the dribble. You would think that Kidwell would set some single or double screens and stress everbody crash the boards.
mightydog Wrote:Russell has some decent shooters,they just aren't tallented enough to get open by themselves of the dribble. You would think that Kidwell would set some single or double screens and stress everbody crash the boards.

They were screening all over the place. The way Bath plays defense though you are going to have to be agressive, drive by them and take it strong to the basket. Russell, as young as they are, they just don't have the strength to do that.

Stapleton, Ross and Taylor did a little of that tonight but they have to learn how to take the contact instead of fading away.

If they Davidson keeps developing that at least gives them a bigger body and some rebounding even though he is only a freshman.
Does anyone know why #44 the ross kid dosen't get anymore playing time? He's a big body and seems to be a decent player from what few times I have seen him play.
mightydog Wrote:Does anyone know why #44 the ross kid dosen't get anymore playing time? He's a big body and seems to be a decent player from what few times I have seen him play.

He has had many chances. His looks the part but his play was not as good as his physical stature.

If he gets things turned around he could help this team down the stretch.
FBALL Wrote:He has had many chances. His looks the part but his play was not as good as his physical stature.

If he gets things turned around he could help this team down the stretch.

I guess I haven't seen enough games. I don't think he played in Ashland game and was told he didn't play Tuesday, came in with about a minute and half left, caused a turnover, then taken out next dead ball.
I am sure the coaches will play anyone that will help this team win. No staff wants to be 2-12. Especially a staff that won 23 games a year on the girls' side.